godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I don't know why about half the time when I press the right stalk down for D-drive the wipers do a single pass across the windshield. The wipers aren't even controlled by that stalk. I've tried different ways of touching/pushing on it but it still frustrates me often when the wipers gyrate.
Wipers are set to auto and only work in D or R. Shifting from P to D initiates the system. If it senses the windshield is 'wet', it will cycle. I see this single wipe happen from mist, light rain, dust, mud, and pollen.
Sponsored

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Do you have auto wipers on? Pretty sure those only work in drive, so if the windshield has dust or rain or something it would activate upon entering D.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Wipers are set to auto and only work in D or R. Shifting from P to D initiates the system. If it senses the windshield is 'wet', it will cycle. I see this single wipe happen from mist, light rain, dust, mud, and pollen.
thanks. sounds like switching wipers away from "auto-mode" should keep it from happening

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Yep, that's a feature/quirk of auto wipers in general, not Rivian. My Audi does it too.

Sponsored

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Summary - tailgate down has substantial impact on the rear camera image as it is located just above the license plate.

Answers!
20220606_150055.jpg

20220606_150014.jpg

20220606_150008.jpg
Thanks Jerseyff, this is what I was afraid of, although I didn't expect the birdseye would be as impacted as it is. I appreciate the help

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
My electric tonneau cover broke on the day of delivery and is stuck in a partially closed position. Anyone had similar issues and how long did it take to replace the cover? Thank y'all.
Not sure if anyone else answered this, but yes I had a similar issue, and the local SC was able to repair it in a couple hours. No issues since (so far).

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
Did any other owners have trouble connecting their phone to their truck?
I have a Samsung note 10 plus and in the app it will not complete/go to the last step.
Any insight will be appreciated!
Thanks Revo

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I have a Samsung note 10 plus and in the app it will not complete/go to the last step.
Thanks Revo
I have a Note10+ as well, and it paired fine. Sorry you're having issues.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Thanks Revo
I and my wife both have the Note 10 and did not have any issues. Hate to have to say it, but have you tried rebooting your phone?

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]!

If not asked already: When will my R1S be delivered?

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
I think I've tossed out this question in a few threads but with no luck, so giving it another try!

Could an R1T owner take a measurement of the longest possible diagonal length in the gear tunnel?

For context, I'm curious to see if skis would fit in the gear tunnel. I’m looking at buying a pair of 180cm skis and planning whether or not I need to order a ski rack mount in the configuration.

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
Has anyone had issues with the ventilated seats not working reliably? Noticed last night that when engaged I could hear the changes in the fans however I did not feel anything. I wonder if there is some sort of vent or other mechanism that opens/closes that isn't working all the time. Felt fine this morning.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Has anyone had issues with the ventilated seats not working reliably? Noticed last night that when engaged I could hear the changes in the fans however I did not feel anything. I wonder if there is some sort of vent or other mechanism that opens/closes that isn't working all the time. Felt fine this morning.
I'm been using mine daily since I received my R1T on 5/23. No issues so far. Let me just say that these are the best Ventilated seats that I've used. I can acrually feel the air blowing against my back and bottom; unlike the ones found in the Axura MDX, Polestar 2, Tesla Model X, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey, Kia Telluride, Hyundai Palisades...

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
I'm been using mine daily since I received my R1T on 5/23. No issues so far. Let me just say that these are the best Ventilated seats that I've used. I can acrually feel the air blowing against my back and bottom; unlike the ones found in the Axura MDX, Polestar 2, Tesla Model X, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey, Kia Telluride, Hyundai Palisades...
I agree completely (when they're working that is :cool:)
Sponsored