First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Besides the UFO noise pumped out when driving, I've heard two noises that the Rivian makes. One is the bird chirp when the vehicle locks. There is another noise too - it's hard to describe but sounds kind of like someone playing notes on a xylophone maybe... It happens at seemingly random times after I get out of the vehicle but am still close by (like getting ready to charge it in the garage for instance). Can anyone tell me what that noise means?
I've heard this as well, it's very random. I thought it was Wifi Connecting, bluetooth connecting, etc. Probably the key like others have said.
Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I've heard this as well, it's very random. I thought it was Wifi Connecting, bluetooth connecting, etc. Probably the key like others have said.
So itā€™s saying there is a key left inside? Because thereā€™s no key insideā€¦
Possibly is the disconnecting/reconnecting of a wireless signal as suggested

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
My apologies if this has already been asked. I did search the R1T owners guide but no dice yet.

Does the R1T have a maintenance schedule? I know it will be far less often than your typical ICE vehicle, but I'm sure certain things must be checked on a schedule?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
My apologies if this has already been asked. I did search the R1T owners guide but no dice yet.

Does the R1T have a maintenance schedule? I know it will be far less often than your typical ICE vehicle, but I'm sure certain things must be checked on a schedule?
Itā€™s pretty much brake fluid every couple of years. Drive unit oil is supposed to be changed at some high mileage level. Iā€™d rotate tires too.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Itā€™s pretty much brake fluid every couple of years. Drive unit oil is supposed to be changed at some high mileage level. Iā€™d rotate tires too.
Do you think tire rotations are necessary with quad-motor drive?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes. Same as on any other AWD vehicle. itā€™s not always putting the same amount of power(or weight) on each wheel. Plus with a spare, you can do a 5 tire rotation, and get 20% more tire life.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Besides the UFO noise pumped out when driving, I've heard two noises that the Rivian makes. One is the bird chirp when the vehicle locks. There is another noise too - it's hard to describe but sounds kind of like someone playing notes on a xylophone maybe... It happens at seemingly random times after I get out of the vehicle but am still close by (like getting ready to charge it in the garage for instance). Can anyone tell me what that noise means?
If it's the sound I think you're describing, it means "I didn't lock when you walked away."

For me, it usually means a door is ajar.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
A little bug I just noticed is that the Nav seems to think that there aren't chargers available along some routes, but if you search for a shorter distance along the same route it will find them. For example: Seattle to San Fran it doesn't recognize any chargers and says I'd run out of energy south of Portland. But if navigate to Salem, it finds and adds a chargers in Portland. It doesn't seem to be an issue with distance either, as it fails Seattle to Glacier, but works with Seattle to Boise.

Anyone else notice this? Software 2022.15.0.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Yes. Same as on any other AWD vehicle. itā€™s not always putting the same amount of power(or weight) on each wheel. Plus with a spare, you can do a 5 tire rotation, and get 20% more tire life.
Hmmm... Think i'm gonna just SEND IT! I really dislike tire rotations

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A little bug I just noticed is that the Nav seems to think that there aren't chargers available along some routes, but if you search for a shorter distance along the same route it will find them. For example: Seattle to San Fran it doesn't recognize any chargers and says I'd run out of energy south of Portland. But if navigate to Salem, it finds and adds a chargers in Portland. It doesn't seem to be an issue with distance either, as it fails Seattle to Glacier, but works with Seattle to Boise.

Anyone else notice this? Software 2022.15.0.
It did this when I set the nav at first mile to go from Sonoma to Winnipeg.
šŸ¤—

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmmm... Think i'm gonna just SEND IT! I really dislike tire rotations
I use them as an opportunity to get accumulated dirt out of the inside of the wheels. Gets bad with gravel roads.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It did this when I set the nav at first mile to go from Sonoma to Winnipeg.
šŸ¤—
That's to be expected. Canada doesn't have electricity. ;)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's to be expected. Canada doesn't have electricity. ;)
Youā€™re thinking of Saskatchewan. Everywhere else does. šŸ˜¬

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Also if you use conserve. Iā€™m at nearly 5k miles and I am considering a rotation.
Sponsored