Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
How’s the tread life looking for the 20” ATs for those of you with a few thousand miles? What is the expected life span supposed to be?
Sponsored

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, El Cap/black, power tonneau, 21"
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Is it possible to leave the hvac system running while you leave for vehicle for a short period of time? If so how? The app, or center console? Thanks!
Besides the upcoming Dog Mode, you can also trigger this within the app..
Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! Screenshot_20220526-082638

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

How’s the tread life looking for the 20” ATs for those of you with a few thousand miles? What is the expected life span supposed to be?
I have 4900 miles on my 20" AT's.....perfect so far. While I can probably go 7000 on a rotation at this rate, I'm going to initiate the process at 5000 miles. (I had 35" Toyo on my Tundra and had to rotate those every 3,500 miles and that was with a perfect alignment).

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Has anyone received their gear tunnel shuttle? How long was the wait to get your cargo cross bars and the all weather floor mats?
My electric tonneau cover broke on the day of delivery and is stuck in a partially closed position. Anyone had similar issues and how long did it take to replace the cover? Thank y'all.

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 20220524_010653

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 20220528_180250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, VW Passat
Here's a random one: the owners guide states the portable charger cable is 18'. Is that with or without the adapter and 110/220v plug.

Supposed to take delivery this week and permanent charging situation not quite set up yet. That extra foot or 2 of portable charging cable may make a big difference.

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Is it possible to leave the hvac system running while you leave for vehicle for a short period of time? If so how? The app, or center console? Thanks!
Others have already answered that it’s “not yet”— to add to this— the feature I really want and have requested is “errand mode”, where the truck will keep hvac on until I get to my home address.

IMO, the ac in the R1T is pretty weak. This is l undoubtedly my top gripe. It takes a while to cool the cabin and heats back up pretty quickly because of all the glass. It’s hard to fiddle with the electronic vents to get them blowing on your face when you want to cool down quickly, and they often don’t return to where they were when you turn the truck off and back on. So keeping things set how they are and keeping the cabin cooled while I run half a dozen quick errands would be huge.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Besides the upcoming Dog Mode, you can also trigger this within the app..
Screenshot_20220526-082638.png
you can try… my success rate is about 25% with this— seems like it has a very short timeout, or it gets the cabin down to your target temp and then turns off. Haven’t quite figured it out yet…

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
IMO, the ac in the R1T is pretty weak.
I'd suggest getting it checked out. Mine is uncomfortably cold when it blows, and someone just did a test and when remotely triggered it dropped the cabin temp from 102 to 77 degrees in 7 minutes.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
How long was the wait to get your cargo cross bars and the all weather floor mats?
It was a week for me.

I forgot to order all weather mats w the truck though, and once in stock I ordered them and they arrived either a few days, thankfully via UPS and not the dumpster fire thar FedEx has turned into.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I'd suggest getting it checked out. Mine is uncomfortably cold when it blows, and someone just did a test and when remotely triggered it dropped the cabin temp from 102 to 77 degrees in 7 minutes.
Mine is very cold, but the vents are so small and hard to aim that it’s nearly impossible to get it blowing exactly where you want it— either I’m freezing my knee or missing my face. About 10 minutes to cool the cabin from 100>70 sounds about right in my experience, but the behavior of the app doesn’t feel consistent to me at all

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
IMO, the ac in the R1T is pretty weak.
Interesting comment. Sandy Munro pulled the frunk tub out of an R1T and one of his first comments was on how small the compressor is.

Last edited:

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I took delivery last week and was wondering how the registration process works. My guide does not seem to know. Will it just show up one day by mail? Is there a registration department to contact for questions? I wanted to transfer my Tesla Model 3 tag to the Rivian but guide unsure if you can transfer car to truck plate in Florida. Thanks.
Be prepared to wait - I took delivery on 3/16 and still do not have my Michigan title and registration. I am transferring the license plate from my old truck. We bought a Corsair PHEV last month from a dealer in state and had the title & registration (also a plate transfer) in 7 days - so the holdup is not my state. I've seen other posts in the past month of others that have been waiting for many weeks also.

I've asked my guide about this a couple of times. She contacted Rivian's Registration and Titling group and told me a couple of weeks ago that it is a 6-step process and mine was on step 5.

Hopefully I will get my permanent registration before the temp Illinois registration expires on 6/13.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I saw a couple of post recently talking about real-time traffic not being on the Rivian map. I thought it was there, can someone confirm if the latest build has real-time traffic on the navigation?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I saw a couple of post recently talking about real-time traffic not being on the Rivian map. I thought it was there, can someone confirm if the latest build has real-time traffic on the navigation?
There is real time traffic. I don't feel like the coverage and routing algorithms are as good as waze or google, but the data is definitely there and the routing does take it into consideration.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
So coming from other cars with realtime traffic i thought the Rivian didn't have it at first because it wasn't showing green lines on the map to show NO traffic.

It only shows traffic on the map WHEN there is traffic.
Sponsored