Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I’m calling the cops. Clearly Rivian’s email was hacked by someone with a customer-focused approach.
Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Received it at 3:20 pm est :dance:

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I got it as well, I'm glad to see the website will have the "most accurate information about your order"... when my truck is sitting in my garage :)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Maybe they’re giving you another one ?

remember, if one shows up, don’t question it
Since they collect the money sometimes days in advance of getting a vehicle, I think his wallet would be crying.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Is Rivian actually communicating regularly? What's going on?

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Tony has been on board since the show in NYC in 2019.
Get outta here, you are telling me Rivian had a 'Head of Customer Engagement' on their pay roll since 2019? :CWL:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Being my R1T is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning.... small moment of panic until I read the full email and realized what it was about... my first thought was 'what now!!'
Don't worry, you'll be getting your R1T has been generously donated to the "Jeff Bezos Rivians for Billionaires Foundation" email tomorrow :)

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We got our email at 2:19 PM CDT. We didn't see it for a while because it went to our spam folder.

Brian

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yes. Am I hoping that this means there might also be revised delivery dates:

“Going forward, your Account Page will be the best place to get the latest, most accurate information about your order.”
Sounds like delivery estimates will reside there

Sponsored

boredcleaner

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Model 3, R1T VIN 34XX LE Glacier White
Occupation
Engineer
Since they collect the money sometimes days in advance of getting a vehicle, I think his wallet would be crying.
Days would be nice. I'm looking at weeks now. Not loving the experience at the moment.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
No email for me yet.... :lipssealed:

I swear Rivian has the most bizarre email setup that I've seen in a "modern" company. I envision a scene from Men-In-Black with a multi-arm alien typing out an email for each one and hitting send - even if its the same message. Why the hell can't Rivian send a basic mass-mail to all.. I don't get it. ?
You can thank the spammers for this. It's hard to email lot of people without getting blocked or marked as spam. You have to build up your reputation slowly over time otherwise the algorithms cut you off. Crazy world out here in tech land.

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

No email for me yet.... :lipssealed:

I swear Rivian has the most bizarre email setup that I've seen in a "modern" company. I envision a scene from Men-In-Black with a multi-arm alien typing out an email for each one and hitting send - even if its the same message. Why the hell can't Rivian send a basic mass-mail to all.. I don't get it. ?
I have not received an email either. Checked my spam folder too and it’s not there.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Here’s another data point on their weird e-mail communications. Back in Sept 2019 when I reserved, I was using a gmail e-mail account. About a year ago, I decided to ditch gmail and moved to a different e-mail provider. I had to work through Rivian customer service to update on my account because you can’t make the update yourself. So they did it and the new e-mail shows on Rivian account. However, the mass communication e-mails are still coming to my old gmail account. Apparently, their communication system has no capability of dealing with changing e-mail addresses. So, no clue which e-mail address will receive the notification of guide assignment, etc.
Sponsored