Window Tinting % Level Preferences

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Is everyone going with factory Tony in the rear two rows and just tinting the front to match, or going darker all the way around? Our plan is to just do the front, but I keep “noticing” the rear isn’t that dark compared to my expedition…
Sponsored

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
15% equivalent all the way around 55% on the front… If I had it to do over I would have gone one more tint shade darker on the front windshield…

Rivian R1T R1S Window Tinting % Level Preferences 55392CD1-1DCA-46F2-9B4E-54F112F7B8E6

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
What is the factory tint for the rear two rows?

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I’m doing 70% IR windshield and 50% fronts because I don’t like them too dark and don’t care if they match the rears.

The tint shop told me the factory rear are 35% and the roof is like 5% if I recall correctly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Rears measure around 21-22%. I matched my front windows to the rear with SunTek CIR ceramic (22%) and did the windshield in the same film but 60%
Thanks! I didn’t think the rears were that dark but maybe they are. They look a lot lighter than the windows on my Expy, but it’s white and my mind may be playing tricks on me.

I’m doing an 80 on the front but it’s clear. Are you saying you did the high UV protection but also tinted?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Thanks! I didn’t think the rears were that dark but maybe they are. They look a lot lighter than the windows on my Expy, but it’s white and my mind may be playing tricks on me.

I’m doing an 80 on the front but it’s clear. Are you saying you did the high UV protection but also tinted?
Yea I watched the tint shop guy measure the rear glass, it was 21 or 22. I got the ceramic film because it’s like 99% UV rejection no matter how light / dark you go. I can’t even tell my windshield is tinted at 60%; I was hesitant at first and was going to do 70 but after seeing an example at 60 it changed my mind. I don’t like super dark windows.

Rivian R1T R1S Window Tinting % Level Preferences 2D3D647A-0D15-4BEC-A962-6D62C1AC41B6

Rivian R1T R1S Window Tinting % Level Preferences 9F43EAD0-F8AF-4DB0-BAFF-3072F7706B26

OP
OP
Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
My guy is selling me on some stuff that supposedly blocks 80 percent of the heat entrance on the front windshield but I think it’s clear?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Here’s a Reddit thread I started for a Model Y group. Give it a read - it has a ton of great info. The thread has a photo gallery, which includes some photos of my Rivian.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModelY/comments/11qgyvh/all_things_window_tint/

I highly recommend FormulaOne Pinnacle 25 for the front two doors, and Llumar AIR 80 for all rear glass. This gives you a 1-2% difference between front and rear. You can substitute Pinnacle 25 for Llumar IRX 25. FormulaOne is a product line under Llumar, and Pinnacle and IRX are nearly identical film formulas (if not exact same)

I also opted for Pinnacle 50 on the windshield. With Ocean Coast interior, the cabin doesn’t look too dark at all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Did Xpel ceramic 70% windshield, 50% front, 70% remaining windows for heat rejection as they’re dark enough.

Shade is over the windows, looks lighter in person.

Rivian R1T R1S Window Tinting % Level Preferences 0E80E94B-8359-4E2F-8A85-81E4B1DE8F21

Last edited:

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
70% remaining windows for heat rejection as they’re dark enough.
Meaning you added 70% on top of the stock 22ish%? How did you come up with that number.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Meaning you added 70% on top of the stock 22ish%? How did you come up with that number.
70% is nearly clear with very little tint, but ceramic tint has good heat rejecting properties so I wanted all the windows ceramic tinted. 70% went over the stock darkened windows on the back driver/passenger windows and rear window (as well as the windshield).

Iatros786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, 997 Turbo, Q7
Clubs

Here’s a Reddit thread I started for a Model Y group. Give it a read - it has a ton of great info. The thread has a photo gallery, which includes some photos of my Rivian.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModelY/comments/11qgyvh/all_things_window_tint/

I highly recommend FormulaOne Pinnacle 25 for the front two doors, and Llumar AIR 80 for all rear glass. This gives you a 1-2% difference between front and rear. You can substitute Pinnacle 25 for Llumar IRX 25. FormulaOne is a product line under Llumar, and Pinnacle and IRX are nearly identical film formulas (if not exact same)

I also opted for Pinnacle 50 on the windshield. With Ocean Coast interior, the cabin doesn’t look too dark at all.

Wow... you should cut and paste your reddit post on here... I have bookmarked it and wish I would have found it before I tinted mine!
Sponsored