Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Is there anything that will block the glare (off the shiny white hood), without either looking strange, or reducing visibility of the road? The lower 20% to 30% of the windshield really doesn't do anything for me, except provide an avenue for dangerous glare.
Sponsored

OP
OP
texasBuzzard

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
Is there an issue of using suction cups (gopro/cellphone mounts) on tinted windows/roof/windshield that you know of?
I used a suction cup cell holder for a few months till I got one mounted on the dash. No issues.

No blue discoloration.

OP
OP
texasBuzzard

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
There has been a lot of information on tinting the roof vs. not tinting the roof.

I'm going to watch this thread so that I can ask how it went in a few months as this is something I would like to do.
I went through an entire second summer of record breaking heat in Texas. The tint held up perfect and no issues with cracking as some people where concerned about.

OP
OP
texasBuzzard

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
I wasn't implying it was an issue with all glass roofs, just Rivian's. My detailer said they did one that cracked a day later. My buddies cracked after leaning across it to dry it with a towel. Others have had no issue. I was going to do mine as well when I had PPF done, but decided to wait until I heard more feedback. I'm in Texas as well, and will take any relief from the heat I can get.
Been over a year and a half and two summers in central Texas. Record breaking heat this year. No cracks or any issues with the tint or glass.

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

I did my sunroof too. love the heat rejection, but I did 20% and would go lighter if I were to do it again. I'd rec 70 or 50 personally. very dark.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Been over a year and a half and two summers in central Texas. Record breaking heat this year. No cracks or any issues with the tint or glass.
The only issues with cracked glass is using a darker tint shade, typically below 25%, and exposing the roof glass to a rapid temperature change. Example would be a car wash - ground temp or colder water contacting tinted roof glass that’s been in direct sunlight with ambient temps typically above 85F. The rapid change in glass surface temperature CAN cause cracking.

robstrong

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Soldier
Is there anything that will block the glare (off the shiny white hood), without either looking strange, or reducing visibility of the road? The lower 20% to 30% of the windshield really doesn't do anything for me, except provide an avenue for dangerous glare.
Perhaps someone makes a matte application sticker you can have applied. My old Jeep GC Trailhawk had one to reduce glare for off-roading, it worked great.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Perhaps someone makes a matte application sticker you can have applied. My old Jeep GC Trailhawk had one to reduce glare for off-roading, it worked great.
Applied to the windshield, or to the hood?