OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
But still, a Kia Telluride, marked up an additional $24,000 over MSRP? Again I say, Wow!

I could have never seen that happening! Not a slam on the car at all, I'm just shocked to see it!
Yeah I agree, no way is the Telluride a 75K vehicle, they are in German 7 passenger territory at this price point.

But to Kia's defense they have been making some desirable vehicles lately, Albert Biermann's Stinger, the Telluride, the Niro lineup.
Sponsored

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
What people do with their money is their business. I've owned more than 50 cars in my life and never ever paid over sticker. I think there is always a different option to choose from. In addition, I think twice about going to a dealer that marks up their vehicles. Supply and demand is real and in these weird Covid times and chips parts shortage, demand exceeds supply. Ethical customer service oriented dealers will win in the long run. Just sayin.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that the $7500 tax credit was on the chopping block when Rivian announced. When I placed my preorder I was crossing my fingers that I would be making enough when it finally shipped. I am, thank goodness, but I do need that tax credit for all this to be a good idea for me. A price increase would be a problem for me in more ways than one.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
if there are price increases much beyond what they are I'll find something else. I love the truck, love their design, but it's already at the edge of an acceptable car price for this gen-xer.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
If it went up much, I would be gone. I could buy a Model Y for day to day and spend the rest to fix up my Jeep for adventure. Hell, I could get a MINI Cooper SE for day to day, fix up the Jeep, buy a custom titanium mountain bike, a new ukulele, plane tickets to pick up the ukulele in Hawaii and still have money left over.

I think after of the delays and the number of EV’s that are coming out in the next few years, there would be a lot of people jumping ship. Which is sad, because I really love Rivian, the truck/SUV and what they stand for.

Sponsored

SantaFeSpence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3LR
Occupation
Fun & Games
I put in an order for a refreshed Tesla Model S a few weeks ago (I already own a Model 3). In the time it took me to make my decision, the price went up $10,000. I went ahead and placed the order anyway to ward off any future price increase, but I am really soured on Tesla’s pricing practices. I’ve just placed my order on the R1T, and if it comes in at the currently configured price, I’ll purchase it and cancel the Tesla. If Rivian increases their price, I’ll cancel and, yes, pay more for my Tesla. Tesla’s charging infrastructure and proven on-road performance and technology would be worth it - although I really would prefer the Rivian at the order price. Fingers crossed!

tbone

First Name
Bannister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexi
Occupation
Sales
If they raised it $1 I’d build and reserve a Ford Lightning.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What if they don’t increase the sale price but slap on a $4,999 destination/handling fee?

I don’t think I could stomach much more, and would have to reconsider

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

At this point, I'd be stunned if they raised the prices for those with deposits in place. I'm not saying it can't, or won't happen, but I'd certainly be surprised at this late date.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What if they don’t increase the sale price but slap on a $4,999 destination/handling fee?

I'd tell them to leave it in the parking lot in normal and I'll do my own handling to get it back to Washington. No tour needed.

Sponsored

tbone

First Name
Bannister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexi
Occupation
Sales

I’d renew my Cybertruck reservation

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
If the price went up, I will get a Taycan.

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I’d pay an extra $5k to skip the line and take delivery this week. Maybe more.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
When does the price stop being an "estimate" on the configurator? Seems like this should be nailed down by the time they build customer vehicles.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
When does the price stop being an "estimate" on the configurator? Seems like this should be nailed down by the time they build customer vehicles.
My guess is that they will raise the price on everyone that bought after some date. Probably after Launch Edition. But keeping that date open helps with investor discussions. If the investors want better margins, they move the date forward and the price up. We have an IPO coming and the balance between customers and investors is a dance. IMHO. The two likely times to see a price increase is shortly after shipping starts,(In about 2 weeks) or just after the IPO so that the 1st quarter report looks good.
Once that price increase happens then all the orders before that date can change from estimate.
Sponsored