What would you do if price increased?

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
My conservative side tends to agree with you about Tesla's valuation, but then I look at say Ford who is almost $150 Billion in debt. GM filed bankruptcy just a few years ago and is now some $115 B in debt. These 2 companies have a fragile path forward IMHO. Tesla has strong vertical integration, low debt, nice cash on hand, 2 New factories getting close to coming online. When we now see how fast Rivian is starting to move, I think they see the writing on the wall. Competition is coming fast from China and if our American companies don't find some urgency very soon, they may not exist in 10 years. Given all that, I think Tesla is still a buy even at today's price.
opening up their charging network will also bring in more money.
Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
We bought a Telluride right before Covid hit hard in March 2020. 24K over is insane. It’s not THAT great a vehicle

HAH! They sure think so. Sticker was right at $50k, out the door price was $74k+.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
In my opinion if you’ve placed a deposit for a vehicle at the stated price, rivian should honor that price. If I’m purchasing today then whatever the current rate is the going rate.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
In my opinion if you’ve placed a deposit for a vehicle at the stated price, rivian should honor that price. If I’m purchasing today then whatever the current rate is the going rate.
Especially given all the features and functions they've eliminated since I put my deposit down. If anything, I'd expect the price to drop.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Especially given all the features and functions they've eliminated since I put my deposit down. If anything, I'd expect the price to drop.
If you do not feel like the value is there in this vehicle you really should cancel.

Looking at what is there and comparing it to what else is on the market overall including performance, features, and warranty it would be hard to make a case that this is not a good deal.

The F150 Lightening topping out around 90K

" Most shoppers will land in the upper trim levels. Topped out, with all the options and additions such as the new 15.5-inch center touchscreen, the Lightning should reach close to $90,000 "

or for the R1S compare what you are getting to the Model X that starts at 99,990

Rivian R1T R1S What would you do if price increased? 1629655048344

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
If you do not feel like the value is there in this vehicle you really should cancel.

Looking at what is there and comparing it to what else is on the market overall including performance, features, and warranty it would be hard to make a case that this is not a good deal.

The F150 Lightening topping out around 90K

" Most shoppers will land in the upper trim levels. Topped out, with all the options and additions such as the new 15.5-inch center touchscreen, the Lightning should reach close to $90,000 "

or for the R1S compare what you are getting to the Model X that starts at 99,990

1629655048344.png
Lol. What? You want me to cancel because I don't expect the price to increase? I'm simply suggesting that if there's a price change, they have an opportunity to go the other direction since they've eliminated a lot of their cost out of the vehicle.

I think I'll stick around, thanks.

Reactions: Rad

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Lol. What? You want me to cancel because I don't expect the price to increase? I'm simply suggesting that if there's a price change, they have an opportunity to go the other direction since they've eliminated a lot of their cost out of the vehicle.

I think I'll stick around, thanks.
I am not suggesting you cancel if you do not expect the price to increase, only if you think the value is no longer there.

The prices have actually dropped since their initial announcement back in November 2018, both in actual dollars and adjusted for inflation. In reality The LE and Adventure R1S at 75,500 is lower than the original base when you adjust for inflation and the R1T LE and adventure at 73,000 is only 95.51 above the original base when adjusted for inflation.

Rivian R1T R1S What would you do if price increased? 1629661043760

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Am I reading this correctly? A Kia Telluride, marked up an additional $24,000 over MSRP? That strikes me as insane. Yes, I realize there are shortages, but, again, a Kia Telluride, marked up an additional $24,000 over MSRP?

Wow!

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Am I reading this correctly? A Kia Telluride, marked up an additional $24,000 over MSRP? That strikes me as insane. Yes, I realize there are shortages, but, again, a Kia Telluride, marked up an additional $24,000 over MSRP?

Wow!
The Kia Telluride and the Hyundai Palisade have been selling like hot cakes and the dealers are cashing in on them. They are heavily marked up, even if it means a 75k Kia.

I read somewhere, Kia and Hyundai are trying to makeover their image as a substandard value brand and the biggest problem is their dealer network which is still functioning as a sleezy value brand.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The Kia Telluride and the Hyundai Palisade have been selling like hot cakes and the dealers are cashing in on them. They are heavily marked up, even if it means a 75k Kia.

I read somewhere, Kia and Hyundai are trying to makeover their image as a substandard value brand and the biggest problem is their dealer network which is still functioning as a sleezy value brand.
But still, a Kia Telluride, marked up an additional $24,000 over MSRP? Again I say, Wow!

I could have never seen that happening! Not a slam on the car at all, I'm just shocked to see it!

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
The Kia Telluride and the Hyundai Palisade have been selling like hot cakes
So much so that hey even call it the 'Sell-uride' in the industry.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

$25k markup sounds like they’re still sleezy, for sure.

I know the Teluride/Palisade are decent vehicles, but no way are they worth $75k. You can get a fully-equipped Volvo XC90 Inscription Recharge PHEV for less than that — an all-around much nicer vehicle.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
$25k markup sounds like they’re still sleezy, for sure.

I know the Teluride/Palisade are decent vehicles, but no way are they worth $75k. You can get a fully-equipped Volvo XC90 Inscription Recharge PHEV for less than that — an all-around much nicer vehicle.
We got ours for an even 40K in 2020. How the times have changed

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
But still, a Kia Telluride, marked up an additional $24,000 over MSRP? Again I say, Wow!

I could have never seen that happening! Not a slam on the car at all, I'm just shocked to see it!
Yep. It was the top trim level, great looking car, but no way I was paying that. After 30 minutes I got them to come down $3k (to $71k!!) and told them they were wasting my time and left. And bought the wife a fully loaded honda pilot.
Sponsored