RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
EPA range, interior pictures, and confirmation of what Launch Green will look like.

Just kidding, we won't learn anything.

Between the dumpster fire that is Rivian Comms, the announcement of the F150, and guides stating that deliveries will be, "by November" it feels like all of the energy has been sapped out of the room.

Honestly, the R1T is starting to feel a little like Windows Phone to the F150 and Cybertruck iPhone and Android respectively. God I hope that's not the case - we all know what happened there.
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Well, when GM introduces a 1-ton electric, I'm out!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The delays must really be bad. That is the only conclusion to draw at this point. A hand full of reservation holders are contacted so Rivian can claim what? Why no I formation? The product is released at this point. Incredibly poor company management.
I mean, that's not the only conclusion to draw. That's not mine. Or the conclusion others have come to. I'm not going to say it's not possible, but that is certainly not my expectation. Particularly relative to what Rivian has announced. Now there may be a significant delay compared to the timeline you're using, but that's not necessarily the same thing.

Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Particularly relative to what Rivian has announced
So to clarify a little bit What "Rivian announced timeline are you working with? Not trying to be argumentative just trying to figure out what I have missed along the way

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
S

So to clarify a little bit What "Rivian announced timeline are you working with?
When I read that "delays must be really bad" I am interpreting that being in context to anticipated deliveries as of this year because these comments weren't occurring in February. So people are assuming

So, we all understand that there is a one month (roughly) delay on the initial deliveries of launch editions. Which is announced. They've also provided additional guidance that LE deliveries will be completed in the spring (which is quite vague, but is actually clarifying the end of LE deliveries that wasn't actually there previously).

All other configurations for both the United States and Canada will begin as early as January 2022 per Rivian.

So, saying that the delays must be really bad (to me) means that Rivian will be several months after July to start the LE deliveries, and not finish LE deliveries until Q4 or 2022 or something. It would also imply that they wouldn't start Pre-order (non-LE) deliveries Q1 2022.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
The attrition rate of R1T LE holders may be “more than a few” if the LE are not completed before the end of astrological spring( late June 2022). If nothing else to a non LE Max pack battery. I'm curious whether Rivian intends to build a fixed number of LE R1Ts and will offer them to non LE reservation holders or they will just drop the LE numbers and move on.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The attrition rate of R1T LE holders may be statistically significant if LE are not completed before the end of astrological spring( late June 2022). If nothing else to a non LE Max pack battery. I'm curious whether Rivian intends to build a fixed number of LE R1Ts and will offer them to non LE reservation holders or they will just drop the LE numbers and move on.
As far as I can gather from CS, they are trying to limit the number of LEs. I've offered to get on a waitlist, or facilitate swapping reservations with someone who has an LE reservation and they don't have any plans for any of that to occur. I've also offered to get on a list for returned LE vehicles within the 7 day trial period.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I would assume there is going to be a big presentation featuring RJ Scaringe, filling in everything we don't yet know.
Wish fulfillment aside, there's nowhere near enough information outstanding to justify a big snazzy media presentation. Those are for "unveils."

At this stage the next big milestone will be media placements, influencer outreach, etc. when prodution is healthy and the review tour starts. I'd expect that to be more or less simultaneous with the first LE deliveries, or July/August at the earliest.

Until then, we're probably looking at token Stories updates and similar. For my piece, I would love to see the Interior update this week; although there's not a lot we don't know, some UI walkthroughs and a better sense of dimensions/colors would go a long way.

The delays must really be bad. That is the only conclusion to draw at this point.
It's really not. We know deliveries are a month or two behind schedule, so the fact that leading indicators (Guides, production photos, etc.) are so far a month or two behind schedule doesn't imply anything we don't already know.

The attrition rate of R1T LE holders may be statistically significant if LE are not completed before the end of astrological spring( late June 2022).
That's not what statistically significant means.

Sponsored

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
EPA range, interior pictures, and confirmation of what Launch Green will look like.

Just kidding, we won't learn anything.

Between the dumpster fire that is Rivian Comms, the announcement of the F150, and guides stating that deliveries will be, "by November" it feels like all of the energy has been sapped out of the room.

Honestly, the R1T is starting to feel a little like Windows Phone to the F150 and Cybertruck iPhone and Android respectively. God I hope that's not the case - we all know what happened there.
As a former fan of the Windows Phone I love this analogy, and sadly it resonates more than I want it to.

MBuster

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, R1S (waiting for Max Pack)
Occupation
Construction
So many people so negative on Rivian when they have same troubles everyone else does. Tesla was to ship new S and X in something like Feb and still no real time (maybe next year is one report). and they cancel the best one that was high mileage like Lucid. I think maybe no Tesla truck when they promise like most times they announce time at beginning

Ford has half production on F150 and cannot deliver most it did make waiting for chips

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 6/7 - 6/13? 1623106519834

Too many people not want to work with lots of jobs if they would. Many things more expensive and I think worse to come.

I think Rivian can start in July like they say now and we see more every month after. They don't shout about their stuff before deliver and that seem to make some mad. They always been that way and I don;t think to see them change so why get worried.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

My impression at this point is it's probably more about the service centers than anything. The LEs that won't go out until the end will likely be 100% related to the fact that the area doesn't have one. If only Rivian would actually say it.

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
The longer they delay the closer I am to saving $30k and getting a Chevy! Seriously, I hope they release some good news soon, no way I’m waiting till 2023 for a maxpack when Chevy will have an equal range machine at the lot down the street… I got a lot of respect for you all that have been holding since 18 and 19.
Sponsored