First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
If you don’t trust Rivian to make these calls because of your insecurities in their timeline, you might be buying the wrong truck. You’re going to be putting a lot more trust in them when you buckle the seatbelts than you’re being asked to put in them now.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. This post is key and everyone feeling apprehension and doubt and negativity right now should read this.
Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
For futures/roadmap, you share your SOPD disclaimer & just try to keep expectations reasonable.
This approach works well for an established automaker like Ford that has been making and launching products for over 100 years, but I don’t think it’s the right approach for an unproven startup like Rivian.

If you watched the F-150 Lightning unveil, you probably saw the bazillion disclaimers and caveats on every video and slide and shot they had. That works for Ford and their customers don’t blink an eye at it because they’re Ford, and they have a proven track record of being able to follow through.

Rivian doesn’t have that. I think many people here would agree with me that they have all the right pieces in place right now to pull it off, but they aren’t there yet — they’re unproven.

Their approach so far has been the right call, IMO. I’ve worked at a startup 6 years and been through countless launches and growth curves and it’s a tried and true strategy for someone in this position.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This approach works well for an established automaker like Ford that has been making and launching products for over 100 years, but I don’t think it’s the right approach for an unproven startup like Rivian.

If you watched the F-150 Lightning unveil, you probably saw the bazillion disclaimers and caveats on every video and slide and shot they had. That works for Ford and their customers don’t blink an eye at it because they’re Ford, and they have a proven track record of being able to follow through.

Rivian doesn’t have that. I think many people here would agree with me that they have all the right pieces in place right now to pull it off, but they aren’t there yet — they’re unproven.

Their approach so far has been the right call, IMO. I’ve worked at a startup 6 years and been through countless launches and growth curves and it’s a tried and true strategy for someone in this position.
Let's not forget that even the latest ford launches have all been "botched' to various degrees. This includes the new explorer, bronco, bronco sport, and mach-e.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
Maybe they’ll surprise us all and deliver R1Ts to a select few, hopefully not just insiders, next week who kept the lid shut about being contacted by a guide already this month. That would blow this up. Wishful thinking

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Three days and counting...

Sponsored

NanshengL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Engineer
For this week:
1. Since June delivery, CS might start reaching out.
2.We have not seen any non-rendering vehicle/color yet, the configurator might updates with new "realistic" photos.
3.after sizing up the R1T, Detailed interior and UI/UX video might come out.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm going with guides have started reaching out this week (duh), and an updated website within individual user accounts to facilitate ordering.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
I remain optimistic there will be a substantial information dump sometime in the next 2 days, then the holiday weekend, then a big push to production.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

all joking aside, this is taken from the Rivian "Guides" story page just now (and since its posting)... its no rumor or implied commitment, Rivian says unequivocally that contacts begin in May.

I can't help but wonder what next Tuesday may bring to the forum comments if no news blurb about Rivian Guide contacts occurring through the Memorial Day weekend. Even if nobody on this forum claims a contact, you've got to believe that ANY Guide contact that may happen - even if just a select handful of people - will get picked up by the blogosphere and make the rounds of internet chatter.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/24 - 5/30? Guides in May.PNG

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
No Clue the date of the Ariel shot on the Bing Map, we know it is newer as the word "NOT" is in front of "The End". Parking lot has tons of cars in it so looks like a lot of activity going on at the plant.

The part I thought interesting were the 180 vehicles stacked up in the lot on the right, can't really tell what they are but they certainly are clustered and not parked normally.

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=7fe9...-89.05681&lvl=17&style=h&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Bummer... I misinterpreted as Rivians.... ?

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/24 - 5/30? Bing map closeup.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited: