First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Okay, no one else is jumping in to start a weekly prediction thread, so I'll do it.

I really wish I had some skills in using Photoshop. If I did, this post would be highlighted by a pile of dead crickets. Cause, that's all we're hearing right now. Not even crickets. Just silence.

What do I think will happen this week? I think they'll throw us a bone.

And, I mean that just the way it sounds. I think they have a problem. I have no idea what it is. But, it's consuming all their energy right now. They will throw us something, like more statistics, to keep us occupied while they burn the midnight oil working on whatever is troubling them.

There's really not much we can do about this, except chill, meditate, do yoga, drink lot's of beer or whatever it takes to relax. This will pass!
Sponsored

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
I think we will get one of the following things this week.
(a) an introduction to the interior but not a fully fleshed out look
(b) someone on this forum will hear from a guide but only a few
(c) announcement of test drive dates and locations

I think that is the bone, but only one will happen. We will not receive a lot of information. I am also in the belief that something is seriously wrong, maybe not catastrophic but bad enough to take all of the companies energy.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I am also in the belief that something is seriously wrong, maybe not catastrophic but bad enough to take all of the companies energy.
Could it be that they are training guides, getting production ramped up, hiring and training teams to provide test drives, hiring and training service and delivery people in the markets they are going into first, permitting and planning for RAN locations, trying to get the 41 service centers they are planning on opening off the ground, trying to hire and fill the 1500+ open positions, working with Amazon in the fleet test/rollout, fighting to be able to sell in the States that prohibit it, and probably a very long list not mentioned here.
Certainly that should only take about 10% of the companies energy and leave the other 90% free?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Cars don't make themselves. Hiring, training and deploying 150 people per week to handle engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, quality, sales, service, delivery, insurance, RAN, marketing, legal, lobbying, etc, etc... I fully expect they have their hands full doing all the right things.

But y'all carry on with your negativity if that makes you feel better.

Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Cars don't make themselves. Hiring, training and deploying 150 people per week to handle engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, quality, sales, service, delivery, insurance, RAN, marketing, legal, lobbying, etc, etc... I fully expect they have their hands full doing all the right things.

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/24 - 5/30? tenor (2)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did they get impacted by the chip shortage?
Yes, they are impacted in supply chains, RJ is quoted in a Bloomberg interview saying they will be supply-constrained for some time.

After originally planning for a rollout with excess inventory will now take longer to deliver what they have in queue than they would like.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
I mostly feel sorry for Nick Mulholland, who thought he was being hired to be VP of global communications for Rivian, but apparently is now multitasking that with responsibilities for hiring, engineering, safety, supply chain, manufacturing, quality, sales, etc....

But more seriously, I didn’t expect significant info to come out last week only to be overshadowed by all the F-150 news.
I have high hopes for some news this week. My vote is on the promised interior video or, at least, a short one on vehicle UI.
At a bare minimum, we might get strung along with news on accessories.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Could it be that they are training guides, getting production ramped up, hiring and training teams to provide test drives, hiring and training service and delivery people in the markets they are going into first, permitting and planning for RAN locations, trying to get the 41 service centers they are planning on opening off the ground, trying to hire and fill the 1500+ open positions, working with Amazon in the fleet test/rollout, fighting to be able to sell in the States that prohibit it, and probably a very long list not mentioned here.
Certainly that should only take about 10% of the companies energy and leave the other 90% free?
All of that could be happening... but twitter accounts with pics of it happening, or other news and reveals of the behind the scenes hard work would settle everyone’s nerves.

I honestly believe that any of that happening along with RJ just saying it on Twitter would fill my heart with joy. But there has been silence since May 7...

Rivian is free to disseminate the information as they choose but if there is a lack of communication, we are free to interpret as we see fit. I have my interpretation, I wish it was wrong but I only have my wits and previous experience to guide me (Pun intended).

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
All of the items you mentioned are time consuming but none of those are task that were not on a task board 2 years ago. Did they just decide to use the guide concept, did they just realize that they were going to have to hire people to assemble their vehicle, did they just lately decide they needed showrooms? Not trying to flame you DucRider but these are all things that should have been on management's timeline for completion by promised launch date. We may soon get information about unforeseeable situations that have arisen and I have no problem with that but not completing task that should of been on the docket for years has me wondering about Rivian management.

Sponsored

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
Cars don't make themselves.
Too easy:
Cars also don't announce (i) May 2021 Guide contacts and (ii) June 2021 vehicle deliveries.
But you go ahead and suggest that folks' expectations of visibility into their supposedly impending $80k truck purchases are unwarranted, if that makes you feel better. Also, see GaryL's post for a more comprehensive treatment of the topic.

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
Yes, they are impacted in supply chains, RJ is quoted in a Bloomberg interview saying they will be supply-constrained for some time.
And this is also old news, from last autumn. In the meantime, Rivian has repeatedly confirmed the June 2021 start of deliveries, and then blackout. GIdeon apparently wrecked it on that Texas to So. Cal. roadtrip while tweeting "More to come next week!" -- There's a lesson here for us all . . .

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
And this is also old news, from last autumn. In the meantime, Rivian has repeatedly confirmed the June 2021 start of deliveries, and then blackout. GIdeon apparently wrecked it on that Texas to So. Cal. roadtrip while tweeting "More to come next week!" -- There's a lesson here for us all . . .
Old news to many but that was directly in response to a specific question Asked in the forum.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Too easy:
Cars also don't announce (i) May 2021 Guide contacts and (ii) June 2021 vehicle deliveries.
But you go ahead and suggest that folks' expectations of visibility into their supposedly impending $80k truck purchases are unwarranted, if that makes you feel better. Also, see GaryL's post for a more comprehensive treatment of the topic.
Warranted or not, whining doesn't change anything. And I remain quite happy by not worrying about the things beyond my control, but thank you for the suggestion.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
The comms staff shouldn’t be involved in most of that. They could be doing, you know, comms. It’s why companies have different departments with different people doing different jobs. So, you know, all of the important things get done. Apparently communicating with their most loyal early adopter customers isn’t a priority for them. Defend that all you want, but it’s pretty obvious that most people don’t agree with you.

First rule of comms - perception is reality. Second rule of comms - see first rule.
Sponsored

Last edited: