LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

For what it's worth, here's verbatim response from CM chat regarding rampant speculation of impending delay announcement, and the month of May expiring shortly without Guide contacts yet.

" Our Guides are finalizing rigorous training to ensure that they can provide the best service possible to our preorder holders very soon. We are still on track for production to begin in June! "

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
" Our Guides are finalizing rigorous training to ensure that they can provide the best service possible to our preorder holders very soon. We are still on track for production to begin in June! "
Maybe I'm picking nits here, but starting production isn't necessarily the same as delivering vehicles.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
Maybe I'm picking nits here, but starting production isn't necessarily the same as delivering vehicles.
I thought the exact same thing

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
For what it's worth, here's verbatim response from CM chat regarding rampant speculation of impending delay announcement, and the month of May expiring shortly without Guide contacts yet.

I just ended a chat with CM as well. Futile is all I can say. I guess I will wait on “soon” to happen.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I had the exact same thought right before the chat session ended. I replied something like, "Production starting in June better mean at least a few customer vehicles delivered in June. Don't abuse our trust and say later on that production lines were running in June making customer vehicles that get delivered after June. That would not go down well at all with us Riviots."

The closing comment was along the lines of "Thank you again for your valuable input." ?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I just ended a chat with CM as well. Futile is all I can say. I guess I will wait on “soon” to happen.
Gonna be initiating all my chats as First Name: Very, Last Name: Soon. That way if they say "that information will be released very soon" I can be like, "Great, Shirley, but when?".

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/17-5/23? 1621458247925

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/17-5/23? 1621458286997

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

As many have said on this forum before, production doesn't take long. A few days at most. Then if you deliver the first few trucks to the greater Normal / Chicago area you could theoretically overnight the vehicle Carvana-style. So Rivian could technically meet their June commitment of a few cars and not actually start production until the last week of June. Letter of the commitment as opposed to spirit of it, etc

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/17-5/23? D3-rdIzWkAE157q

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Back on what to expect, we received a nice release with exterior 2 weeks ago. My guess is

LIFE IN THE R1T
Interior experiences, designs, layouts, details, and updates.

Think Guides start contact in 1-2 weeks.

What was that phrase they trademarked? Vehicle of Life? Experience for Life?

Just listened to Emma and … update on the 2nd Rebelle Rally which had some good tidbits. Highly recommend.

Sponsored

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
This week will will learn more about the F-150 EV competitor, much of it has already leaked. :)
First EV to be true V2H with a whopping 80 amps of output @ 240V. Basically a whole house generator that can power a home for days off a fully charged battery. Maybe weeks.

In addition to this it has 11 outlets with up to 9.6kW of output, both 120V and 240V.

These are really important features that I hope Rivian includes. If not this will be a major buzzkill for me.
Sponsored