First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
it works so long as you don't open the app. Once you do it will sign you out and it will not work.
Never had this issue today. But...I always carry the card...just in case. I remember hearing stories many months ago with people locked out with PaaK
Sponsored

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Never had this issue today. But...I always carry the card...just in case. I remember hearing stories many months ago with people locked out with PaaK
In my Tesla Model 3 I always kept the card key with me as a back.

It really comes down to a mistrust in technology, and especially complicated technology.

With Phone as key we're relying on so many levels of technology.

The phone itself, and whether it has a charge
The phone Operating system and whether a recent update hosed the functionality
The bluetooth connection
The app being able to phone home when it needs to

I just didn't see anyway that would work all the time.

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
Thankfully we had the credit card key with us. App isn’t working on any of our 3 phones. We would’ve been stuck without the credit card key.
How is it that you have 3 phones paired with your Rivian? This has been like "Gripe #1" forever on the forums (that it's limited to two)

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
I cannot believe that there are people griping on here that Rivian reminded them to "call 911 in an emergency". Suppose you were having an actual emergency (medical, fire, flood, mayhem)...and, unable to unlock your car, your thought process defaulted to Rivian as the solution...

Literally every doctor's office voice mail starts with "If you are experiencing an emergency, please hang up and dial 911"... did you ever wonder about that? Did you ever think to complain about that? Did you ever stop to consider that the person answering the phone anywhere BUT at a 911 dispatch office is not going to be able to do a damn thing for you?

Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
How is it that you have 3 phones paired with your Rivian? This has been like "Gripe #1" forever on the forums (that it's limited to two)
We have 3 phones that can view Rivian details, location, charge level, submit tickets, etc. but only 2 function as keys. 100% agree they need to allow for additional phone keys.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
In my Tesla Model 3 I always kept the card key with me as a back.

It really comes down to a mistrust in technology, and especially complicated technology.

With Phone as key we're relying on so many levels of technology.

The phone itself, and whether it has a charge
The phone Operating system and whether a recent update hosed the functionality
The bluetooth connection
The app being able to phone home when it needs to

I just didn't see anyway that would work all the time.
Or your phone dying, getting stolen, breaking, etc. I saw someone say they carry their wallet in their phone case.. uh gl when that gets stolen or left somewhere.

hungrycaterpillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone know how to subscribe to these update emails? They only went to my spouse so I, the one driving the truck who couldn't get into it, had no idea there was an issue.

(I had my keycard so it was NBD.)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anyone know how to subscribe to these update emails? They only went to my spouse so I, the one driving the truck who couldn't get into it, had no idea there was an issue.

(I had my keycard so it was NBD.)
I think they only go to the "owner" of a vehicle. You could possibly set up a shared email just for Rivian (or an address that individually forwards to both people's email.)

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Call support, they can order one for you, I purchased a second one after I picked up my R1S. I think it was around $200 configured.
If they cant ensure PAAK ill take a free one for thanks.

Sponsored

hungrycaterpillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I think they only go to the "owner" of a vehicle. You could possibly set up a shared email just for Rivian (or an address that individually forwards to both people's email.)
Considering the vehicle has two co-owners (and they insisted I drive 3.5 hours to be there at pickup since my name is on the title) they're going to need to figure out away to send me my own emails.

I will wait until they get past today's unpleasantness to bring it up with them, however.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Considering the vehicle has two co-owners (and they insisted I drive 3.5 hours to be there at pickup since my name is on the title) they're going to need to figure out away to send me my own emails.

I will wait until they get past today's unpleasantness to bring it up with them, however.
Legally sure, based on the app, one owner, one driver. You didn't have to have two people on the title.

hungrycaterpillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Legally sure, based on the app, one owner, one driver. You didn't have to have two people on the title.
And Virginia is perfectly happy to let one driver sign for both with Power of Attorney. They have their own form right on the DMV web site.

Also we each have our own app login. They have my email.

beyond

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Occupation
The Cloud
What's really weird is i didn't get an email at all... Neither did my wife. I wonder if since we're the second owners if their system doesn't have our email setup for notices... will hit up customer support once they get past all this.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Remember to check both of your key cards. Originally when I got my truck I only tried one card and it worked fine. I never tried the second card and when I finally did it didn't work.

One of my cards was assigned to another truck. They were able to re-assign it to my truck easily with a service ticket showing the card number.
Sponsored