Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Couldn't help myself, went ahead and ordered Built Right's cab wall molle panel. Planning to mount the QR3 kit directly to that using BR's molle nuts. Should be a fun installation and a good way of maximizing the utility of the bed.
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Couldn't help myself, went ahead and ordered Built Right's cab wall molle panel. Planning to mount the QR3 kit directly to that using BR's molle nuts. Should be a fun installation and a good way of maximizing the utility of the bed.
Would love to hear details on how this install goes and any photos you don't mind sharing. I have the built Right molle panel and am intrigued by the Ride88 setup. I have other options for now but could see this being great for shuttling with a lot less hassle, or for bigger/heavier bikes.

In particular would love to hear if it's a hassle to add/remove the QR3 rack between uses. I'd probably leave it in there often during the summer but I do use the bed a lot for other things and if it's not pretty quick/simple to add/remove, I may stick with a more modular solution.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Would love to hear details on how this install goes and any photos you don't mind sharing. I have the built Right molle panel and am intrigued by the Ride88 setup. I have other options for now but could see this being great for shuttling with a lot less hassle, or for bigger/heavier bikes.

In particular would love to hear if it's a hassle to add/remove the QR3 rack between uses. I'd probably leave it in there often during the summer but I do use the bed a lot for other things and if it's not pretty quick/simple to add/remove, I may stick with a more modular solution.
I am in the same boat and I would be worried that it would render the molle panel useless, other than the bike rack attachment. But since that can be attached to the bed itself, essentially I would have wasted a bunch of money on the molle rack.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am in the same boat and I would be worried that it would render the molle panel useless, other than the bike rack attachment. But since that can be attached to the bed itself, essentially I would have wasted a bunch of money on the molle rack.
My plan is to mount the Ride88 brackets to the molle panel but remove the actual racks when not in use. This should allow me plenty of flexibility and space for using the panel to hold tools or even recovery boards, e.g. if I need to use the crossbars for something else.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

My plan is to mount the Ride88 brackets to the molle panel but remove the actual racks when not in use. This should allow me plenty of flexibility and space for using the panel to hold tools or even recovery boards, e.g. if I need to use the crossbars for something else.
Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 469CD194-EA72-40B4-9E1E-2B06B4715B68

I would have to re-tetris some stuff, but I think you have a point. As long as the actual bike wheel contraptions fit with this in place, we could have a winner.

Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Ride88 racks came in yesterday. Assembly of the racks went smoothly. Because I ordered a two-rack kit, each rack was partially preassembled to use alternating handle locations (one "right-hand" and one "left-hand" side), which should be perfect for their respective positions in the truck bed. The only surprise was that one of the plastic plugs at the bottom of a rack arrived damaged. I reached out to Ride88 and they promised to mail out a replacement immediately.

Because of my change in plans to use the molle panel, the u-track and related hardware will go unused and into storage. I ordered my molle panel and nuts last Wednesday (from Built Right direct), but haven't yet received a shipping notice yet. Until then I'll just have to remain anxious to get these babies mounted up in the R1T.

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 1675609369502

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6

+1 on this. Please share some photos of the install with molle panel…be interested to see how sturdy that setup is.

For those using the Ride88 mounts, do you have to get into the truck bed to load and unload bikes? Or can you do it from outside the bed?

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
I ride once or twice a week, usually within 15 - 30 mins of home. I bought a race face tailgate pad, but I only use that on longer weekend trips b/c it's a little bit of work to put on take off (not a lot, but 5 mins or so). All I use now is a mover's pad I drape over the tailgate and then put the bikes over the tailgate. it's super simple and the pad was $15. Yes it looks janky, but for the short rides to the weekly trails it really works well. The pad is big enough that I double it up so seems little chance of any scratches. And to secure the bikes, I use the gear guard cable and the extra long one I bought as well.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just discovered that Built Right is in the processing of moving facilities, which is undoubtedly going to cause delays in shipping my order. Wish I'd known about this before, I might have looked at ordering through EV Sportline (reseller) instead.

tl;dr Unexpected delays with my molle panel, I'll post an update when I can.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just discovered that Built Right is in the processing of moving facilities, which is undoubtedly going to cause delays in shipping my order. Wish I'd known about this before, I might have looked at ordering through EV Sportline (reseller) instead.

tl;dr Unexpected delays with my molle panel, I'll post an update when I can.
An hour later I get the shipping confirmation email. Thanks @builtrightind! ❤

Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok folks, here we go. I'm thrilled with the results. Props to @builtrightind and Ride88 for some very high quality products. Sorry for the dark photos, I had to install the DCE rock sliders before I even thought about working in the bed. 😅

I'll try to get better photos with bikes mounted in daylight at my next opportunity. Both mounts were installed using Built Right's MOLLE nuts and the shorter 1/4" bolts and washers. I don't have a tonneau cover yet, so I went ahead and mounted them at the highest spot. I may adjust these if and when the manual tonneau ever arrives.

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed IMG_7687.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed IMG_7688.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed IMG_7689.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed IMG_7694.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed IMG_7695.JPEG

Bywaysmyways

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T GW OC 20 Darks and 2020 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Scientist
+1 on this. Please share some photos of the install with molle panel…be interested to see how sturdy that setup is.

For those using the Ride88 mounts, do you have to get into the truck bed to load and unload bikes? Or can you do it from outside the bed?
Nope, you just lift the bikes in, and reach over the side, pull the lever down towards the cab and you're done. you only need to get in to install/reinstall if you remove the racks.

I like the Builtright solution, but am going to go with their side Molle panel, so I can attach my WaterPort Day Tank for trailside spray offs and water bottle fills.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Ok folks, here we go. I'm thrilled with the results. Props to @builtrightind and Ride88 for some very high quality products. Sorry for the dark photos, I had to install the DCE rock sliders before I even thought about working in the bed. 😅

I'll try to get better photos with bikes mounted in daylight at my next opportunity. Both mounts were installed using Built Right's MOLLE nuts and the shorter 1/4" bolts and washers. I don't have a tonneau cover yet, so I went ahead and mounted them at the highest spot. I may adjust these if and when the manual tonneau ever arrives.

IMG_7687.JPEG
IMG_7688.JPEG
IMG_7689.JPEG
IMG_7694.JPEG
IMG_7695.JPEG
Thanks for sharing photos of the install... looks great! Did you purchase the "Universal Kit" or the "OEM Kit"? I wasn't clear on which is best for the molle panel installation.

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 1675955011350

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for sharing photos of the install... looks great! Did you purchase the "Universal Kit" or the "OEM Kit"? I wasn't clear on which is best for the molle panel installation.
I purchased the U-track kit specifically for the Rivian, but if you’re going with a molle panel you’re probably fine with either the Universal or OEM (I can’t tell the difference). I would still go with Built Right’s molle nuts since they provide more flexibility on your install location.

SourGrapes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Matchy matchy (unintentional I swear!)

By the way, anyone have any issues with leaving the tailgate down with a light bike sitting atop it?

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 11B4A04D-DC54-46D5-A243-1950901E41B0
Sponsored