OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Thank you for sharing your experience with the product. Your post is what turned me on to this somewhat obscure solution and got me excited to move away from my hitch mounted 1up rack, which I love, but hate how it fits the R1.

Good to know that you don't have a problem with long, low and slack bike geos as well as heavy eMTBs. I have them all and want something that is going to be easy to use, flexible to use on many different bikes, sturdy and built to last. The Ride88 system seems to check all these boxes.

Have you had any trouble with the rear wheel sliding around on longer trips or rough roads? I will typically have 2 bikes in the bed for most of my rides and I'm concerned about having them drift into each other or the sidewalls of the bed. What if anything have you done to help mitigate this?

Thanks!
I've logged quite a few miles with the carrier now and have never had a back tire or back end of the bike move or walk around at all. It may help that the grooves in our truck beds kind of keep the back tire in a channel (I specifically placed the wheel bracket so it would line up with the channel), but honestly they haven't even moved within the channel. If it's a concern, you could just throw or short tie down or bungie around the back tire and rear bed anchor. It's really been a non-issue though.

The first couple of times carrying the bikes, I ran a tie down through the back wheels and went from rear bed anchor point across to the other rear anchor point. I did that just as an extra precaution and safeguard as I tested and got used to the carrier (my mountain bikes are my babies). However, I quickly realized it was totally unnecessary. The rack is really solid and the bikes aren't going anywhere.
Sponsored

Gigawatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fast ones
I've logged quite a few miles with the carrier now and have never had a back tire or back end of the bike move or walk around at all. It may help that the grooves in our truck beds kind of keep the back tire in a channel (I specifically placed the wheel bracket so it would line up with the channel), but honestly they haven't even moved within the channel. If it's a concern, you could just throw or short tie down or bungie around the back tire and rear bed anchor. It's really been a non-issue though.

The first couple of times carrying the bikes, I ran a tie down through the back wheels and went from rear bed anchor point across to the other rear anchor point. I did that just as an extra precaution and safeguard as I tested and got used to the carrier (my mountain bikes are my babies). However, I quickly realized it was totally unnecessary. The rack is really solid and the bikes aren't going anywhere.
Fantastic - thanks for the feedback. Glad to know it's of no concern. I ordered a pair and will see how it goes. Hopefully my experience will come close to yours.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

With the tailgate down does it affect the rear backup sensors? Does the rear camera still show with the tailgate down? My truck is away being wrapped or I would check this myself.

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Fantastic - thanks for the feedback. Glad to know it's of no concern. I ordered a pair and will see how it goes. Hopefully my experience will come close to yours.
Congrats. I'm sure you're going to love it. If you have any questions along the way regarding install or anything, just direct message me and I'll be happy to offer my assistance.

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
With the tailgate down does it affect the rear backup sensors? Does the rear camera still show with the tailgate down? My truck is away being wrapped or I would check this myself.
That's my one nitpick -- with the tailgate down, the rear camera doesn't work. I haven't noticed the sensors one way or the other to be honest.

Sponsored

Gigawatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fast ones
As a long time user of 1up hitch mount racks, I was disappointed with the fit on the R1T. Using a hitch extension added a level of hassle and instability that forced me to look for alternatives. Rail mounts above the bed or on the roof were ruled out due to the variety of bikes I need to transport, as in they are too heavy, or too long, or both. I was really excited to learn of the Ride 88 bed mount system as it seemed to solve all of these problems.

After installing and using this setup a few times, I'm super happy with the quality and usability. I feared it was going to be a bit wonky and wobbly when clamping on 1 wheel, but it turns out it is quite a bit more rigid and stable compared to the 1up, which latches on both wheels. Having the rear wheel sitting between the ridges in the truck bed is plenty to hold the rear in place and prevents it from drifting side-to-side.

I love being able to leave the rack in the bed and throw my bikes with no preparation. It's so fast and easy to unload at my destination and close the tonneau cover too. Adjusting the clamp pressure for a 27.5 or 29er is also a cinch. So far, I'm really happy with the decision to get it.

If I had to gripe about one thing, it's having to lift the front wheel over the initial hump that prevents your bike from rolling out of the bed. It's kind of awkward put the bike on the bed and walk it up into place. I haven't quite worked out the best approach, but this is a minor concern and one that I'm sure I will get better at over time.

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 20220812_162409

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 20220812_162441

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 20220812_162503

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 20220812_162647

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 20220812_162657

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 20220812_165441

Rivian R1T R1S Ultimate MTB / Bike Carrier installed 20220812_165533

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
As a long time user of 1up hitch mount racks, I was disappointed with the fit on the R1T. Using a hitch extension added a level of hassle and instability that forced me to look for alternatives. Rail mounts above the bed or on the roof were ruled out due to the variety of bikes I need to transport, as in they are too heavy, or too long, or both. I was really excited to learn of the Ride 88 bed mount system as it seemed to solve all of these problems.

After installing and using this setup a few times, I'm super happy with the quality and usability. I feared it was going to be a bit wonky and wobbly when clamping on 1 wheel, but it turns out it is quite a bit more rigid and stable compared to the 1up, which latches on both wheels. Having the rear wheel sitting between the ridges in the truck bed is plenty to hold the rear in place and prevents it from drifting side-to-side.

I love being able to leave the rack in the bed and throw my bikes with no preparation. It's so fast and easy to unload at my destination and close the tonneau cover too. Adjusting the clamp pressure for a 27.5 or 29er is also a cinch. So far, I'm really happy with the decision to get it.

If I had to gripe about one thing, it's having to lift the front wheel over the initial hump that prevents your bike from rolling out of the bed. It's kind of awkward put the bike on the bed and walk it up into place. I haven't quite worked out the best approach, but this is a minor concern and one that I'm sure I will get better at over time.

20220812_162409.jpg

20220812_162441.jpg

20220812_162503.jpg

20220812_162647.jpg

20220812_162657.jpg

20220812_165441.jpg

20220812_165533.jpg
Looks great. I figured you'd love it once you got it installed and had some experience with it. Works great with the Rivian.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
I need a two bike bed solution and I'm looking at the Ride88 solution for $700 vs the Pipeline Racks solution for $300+DIY rail so about $350.

I should just buy once, cry once and get the Ride88, but was wondering if anyone has found any other easy bed systems? I just need to transport my bikes about 30 minutes each way on smooth roads.

How easy is it to detach the Ride88 mounts when not in use?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I need a two bike bed solution and I'm looking at the Ride88 solution for $700 vs the Pipeline Racks solution for $300+DIY rail so about $350.

I should just buy once, cry once and get the Ride88, but was wondering if anyone has found any other easy bed systems? I just need to transport my bikes about 30 minutes each way on smooth roads.

How easy is it to detach the Ride88 mounts when not in use?
Do you have crossbars? I'd run two 1Up flush-mounts. Lets you keep your tailgate up, too.

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Do you have crossbars? I'd run two 1Up flush-mounts. Lets you keep your tailgate up, too.
I do and that would work great for my lightweight mountain bike, but it would be a pain for my heavy fat tire ebike and my wife's beach cruiser.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
This 1Up crossbar setup vs the Ride 88 in bed are my two finalists. Still jump ball. Favorite setups from past are above tonneau crossbar racks which as you note leaves both tonneau and tailgate usable.

Using an existing Kuat hitch rack with painful hitch extender now.

Dhario

First Name
Rajini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Owner
Occupation
Hobbyist
Did you find a solution? With the crossbars, a carrier on top prevents pulling into the garage. The hitch rack removes the sensors (either beeps constantly or are disabled by the latest update). Ride88 still seems ideal, but $$$

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Thanks for this thread. I've ordered a double QR3 u-track kit, expecting it to arrive this Friday. Can't wait!

P.S. I had no problem reaching the company by email, though it was Nikki replying and not Jerry.
Sponsored