Sponsored

mstealth22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger 2019
Why in the hello would they even think to charge you? Or did I misread your post
Not misread, was over 600$, original quote was over 1k but they "gave me" labor at no cost.

They said it's my fault because high voltage battery died, and then the 12v die and can't recover.

It doesn't add up fully, but I didn't have time to argue at that moment either.
Sponsored

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Not misread, was over 600$, original quote was over 1k but they "gave me" labor at no cost.

They said it's my fault because high voltage battery died, and then the 12v die and can't recover.

I don't understand. What are they saying was your fault? What are they saying should have been done differently?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Picked mine up from Bellevue on Monday the 9th, 12v had died, and were replaced. Invoice said both primary and secondary 12v batteries.

HV battery was low, after a few days of sitting around, the 12v quit, and bricked. Was towed in. Seems like a bug, I would expect it to protect itself from completely draining the 12v, and causing damage. Sure brick, and need charged, or jumped and charged, but killing both primary and secondary 12v doesn't make sense. Even my previous ICE truck has a low voltage disconnect, so you could start your truck even if you drain 12v somehow.

Service was not an overly great experience, and I was in a hurry, had a trip to Boise. I paid the bill, but I have some follow up on this being an issue that needs to be covered under warranty.

Was on 2022.11.2 when it happed.

Did they sat at what state of charge the 12v charger quits?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I’m shocked that Rivian had the nerve to charge you for something that should have been covered under the 5/60 bumper to bumper warranty.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles

That old argument “You Should Have Known What We Didn’t Know. And Now That We Do Know, We Know You Should Have Known Better “

Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
That old argument “You Should Have Known What We Didn’t Know. And Now That We Do Know, We Know You Should Have Known Better “
If his HV battery died it’s pretty well known.. all EV do this.(if it’s something else then that’s a different story)

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
If his HV battery died it’s pretty well known.. all EV do this.(if it’s something else then that’s a different story)
To some perhaps, but my wife for example is very smart but has No Concept of oil changes or what or where transmission fluid is or goes. And on the other hand shouldn't there be a fail safe? I mean you used to have to prime a Diesel if you ran it out of fuel too

But without knowing more of the story it's hard to tell.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
The app should simply warn as the state of charge is nearing the 12v shutoff point. If Rivian hasn't implemented a warning system, or documented the threshold in the manual, it should be a warranty item.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
to be fair i think there's bias, not everyone posts 'my truck works perfect!' but everyone posts when it's not working ;)
No joke. According to the ID.4 forums the hvac pump for the battery failed on approximately 78% of them early on.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Wow
 I mean really wow!@!@.

I love my truck but every single interaction I have had with Rivian had some issue. Hearing this make me sad, makes me wonder how long us customers will tolerate this, I guess it can only improve..

I would reach out to your guide if you haven’t already, mine was great in advocating for me with my recent service visit.

Sadly though I got my truck back with some fresh scratches on the side and a new ‘service vehicle soon’ warning. Only pulled it into the garage so honestly not a good look.

Rivian R1T R1S Truck is bricked! Update FIXED!   [12v battery trickle module software issue] 8FBEB1FB-F6DB-48D2-B398-4BD6A232C066

Rivian R1T R1S Truck is bricked! Update FIXED!   [12v battery trickle module software issue] E2229385-3481-4F82-A860-F801EC40AD88

Last edited:

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Wow
 I mean really wow!@!@.

I love my truck but every single interaction I have had with Rivian had some issue. Hearing this make me sad, makes me wonder how long us customers will tolerate the incompetence.

I would reach out to your guide if you haven’t already, mine was great in advocating for me with my recent service visit.

Sadly though I got my truck back with some fresh scratches on the side and a new ‘service vehicle soon’ warning. Only pulled it into the garage so honestly not a good look.

8FBEB1FB-F6DB-48D2-B398-4BD6A232C066.jpeg

E2229385-3481-4F82-A860-F801EC40AD88.jpeg
Did you let them wash the truck?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Did you let them wash the truck?
I mean they clearly did wash it, I didn’t give my express written consent or anything.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Wow
 I mean really wow!@!@.

I love my truck but every single interaction I have had with Rivian had some issue. Hearing this make me sad, makes me wonder how long us customers will tolerate the incompetence.

8FBEB1FB-F6DB-48D2-B398-4BD6A232C066.jpeg

E2229385-3481-4F82-A860-F801EC40AD88.jpeg
Those stories really make me sad. Having issues is one thing, but not being able to fix them or making things worse is a real concern to me.

I'd hate to waste time by filling a service ticket after ticket.

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I mean they clearly did wash it, I didn’t give my express written consent or anything.
I told them not to wash my truck...we will see how it looks when I get it back...

How long was your truck in for?
Sponsored