First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I was referring more to the dealership experience(generally a miserable affair) rather than any concerns about quality with a bread-and-butter product.
I am hoping the Rivian and Teslas of the world put pressure on traditional dealerships to change their behavior.

So
Yeah... Ford will totally be immune.

1652815430931.png
Let's see how Ford does with the Lightning. They have been building cars for 100 years, so they are not completely lost.

....patiently waiting for my Max Pack.....anyone seen it yet?
Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I am hoping the Rivian and Teslas of the world put pressure on traditional dealerships to change their behavior.

So

Let's see how Ford does with the Lightning. They have been building cars for 100 years, so they are not completely lost.

....patiently waiting for my Max Pack.....anyone seen it yet?
I'm sure it will be better than Mach-E but every manufacturer already has issues as it is. I've seen people complain about stuff like this from all manufacturers, it happens sometimes. Know what rarely happens? Someone driving normally with no issues checking in to let everyone know 'everything is good no problems!'

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Know what rarely happens? Someone driving normally with no issues checking in to let everyone know 'everything is good no problems!'
I'll be the contrarian here. I have a 2009 Honda Civic. It has 329K miles and it has only been to the mechanic for "scheduled" maintenance 1 time. I've replaced all of the brake pads at least once. I replaced the spark plugs about 80K ago. The old ones looked perfect, but I put the new plugs in because I already had them. I've changed the oil about every 9k miles using synthetic. I'm going to keep it after my R1T arrives. I think it will make it to 500K.

I'd buy a honda EV in a heart beat if they sold one. Yep, I'm a honda fan boy.

I'm looking forward to being a Rivian fan boy.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I'll be the contrarian here. I have a 2009 Honda Civic. It has 329K miles and it has only been to the mechanic for "scheduled" maintenance 1 time. I've replaced all of the brake pads at least once. I replaced the spark plugs about 80K ago. The old ones looked perfect, but I put the new plugs in because I already had them. I've changed the oil about every 9k miles using synthetic. I'm going to keep it after my R1T arrives. I think it will make it to 500K.

I'm looking forward to being a Rivian fan boy.
You’re not a contrarian because I invoked you to talk about your car. Have you gone to the Honda forums every day for the past 13 years to tell everyone every is running smoothly?

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

You’re not a contrarian because I invoked you to talk about your car. Have you gone to the Honda forums every day for the past 13 years to tell everyone every is running smoothly?
Point taken. No one wants to hear that anyway.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I was at the SLC service center today, and these were on the dash of most of the 25 or so trucks sitting out front of the building in various stages of delivery prep. I’m guessing that leaving seatbelts fastened prevents the truck from going to sleep and drained the 12v if it sits for too long in that stage.

Rivian R1T R1S Truck is bricked! Update FIXED!   [12v battery trickle module software issue] B7D419F5-13A6-45F6-9E90-0C538978EB6C

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Yep, it's in the tow opertaor's guide (maybe the manual as well):

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 2.59.37 PM.png
This is convenient to know as an owner/operator.... but this will soon be known by the nefarious crowd on how easy it is to access the Frunk of a Rivian R1. So don't consider anything stored in your frunk as overly valuable or cannot be lost/stolen... because it very well may be done this way.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
This is convenient to know as an owner/operator.... but this will soon be known by the nefarious crowd on how easy it is to access the Frunk of a Rivian R1. So don't consider anything stored in your frunk as overly valuable or cannot be lost/stolen... because it very well may be done this way.
I guess, but is this really any different than people smashing the windows & dropping the seats on Teslas to steal things out of the rear trunk/hatch area? Watch the videos of people doing it, it's 30 seconds in-and-out. Seems like this would take longer than that and be more obvious.

I feel like there's really no place in any vehicle that you want to store valuables for an extended length of time. When we head to the airport in a few weeks, I'm planning on not only emptying our Tesla, but folding down the seats and removing the trunk area cover for this reason.

Seems like excessive worrying. Someone can always get in the vehicle quickly if they want. At least we have gear guard recording them, hopefully it becomes as well-known as sentry mode, and the same crowd decides it's not worth getting on camera.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I was at the SLC service center today, and these were on the dash of most of the 25 or so trucks sitting out front of the building in various stages of delivery prep. I’m guessing that leaving seatbelts fastened prevents the truck from going to sleep and drained the 12v if it sits for too long in that stage.

B7D419F5-13A6-45F6-9E90-0C538978EB6C.jpeg
Once a child reaches 40 pounds, car seats are supposed to be attached with a seatbelt and not the anchors. This is an issue if Rivian needs you to unbuckle everything anytime you park.

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Gear tunnel is probably the safest storage location on the R1T. Not sure how many thieves will know it is there. Hopefully, Console Vault will offer one of their safes for the R1T/S.

Sponsored

Longreach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata
In that case, you’ll be buying a GM Cadillac Lyriq. The first Honda EV is the Prologue, which is a Honda styled Lyriq built in the same GM plant.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I wish there was a voltage gauge for the 12V system like my ICE vehicles have. I would like to know the health of the 12V system.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

In that case, you’ll be buying a GM Cadillac Lyriq. The first Honda EV is the Prologue, which is a Honda styled Lyriq built in the same GM plant.
I can't wait that long. My 2009 Civic has 329K and growing mile on it. It still runs like a champ, but there is an annoying brake fluid leak that I don't want to have to fix. That and I really want a truck.

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
I wish there was a voltage gauge for the 12V system like my ICE vehicles have. I would like to know the health of the 12V system.
There is a light, which is what most ICE vehicles have these days.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I feel like Rivian answer to everything is this is on the need to know bases and you don’t need to know. Rivian assumption that we are not interested in knowing what is going on when everything is fine is probably true for most owners but for me and many others, knowing battery temp, timing and amount of juice going to the pack and 12V batteries, what comes out of them in normal conditions is important so when things behave differently we could detect the problem early and possibly avoid getting stranded. The idea that the car should be smart enough to do anything owner can do is admirable and something to shoot for but until we get there, owner seems to be an under utilized resource. The question of where you draw the line between confusing the owner with Avalanche of useless information and automating everything behind the scene so the owner don’t have to worry about anything is as much art as it is science but I think currently the line is drawn too far in the second direction. Keeping interface simple with advance options for those that are interested is the way to go.
Sponsored