First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I had this happen first night with the truck, before the latest update.

After the update, keeping the phone far away, lights don't do anything.

Android. All proximity settings off, gear guard off.
I had it post update. My assumption has been that the way they disable PAAK only disabled unlocking and locking the truck, but not the other wake functions. So it seems to be prepping for takeoff, the pumps start running as well for me.
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Its detecting the key fob or PAAK....and blinks upon detection, I believe. Fob in faraday bag and bluetooth off on phone....haven't seen it do it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Its detecting the key fob or PAAK....and blinks upon detection, I believe. Fob in faraday bag and bluetooth off on phone....haven't seen it do it.
Yep. The "disable PAAK" feature wasn't fully baked. It's still waking the truck.

Sponsored

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
And here I thought it was just a random thing to psych out and deter would-be hoodlums and make them second-guess messing with my truck! :p

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Mine has been doing this also - the flash of the lights will trigger the security camera in my detached garage. Phone and fob are over 100 feet and several walls away when this happens, so it's not them.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I wonder if it isn't something triggering the security system. Truck was parked up on my camping property which happens to have a trail cam aimed at the general area. Phone/NFC card no where near the truck. At 11:38 p.m. trail cam is triggered and you can see taillights appear to be on (first pic). If you look closely, you'll see Pepe Le Pew on the left side of the frame. Pic 2 shows him in the middle of the frame and pic three shows him to the right. It could be total coincidence that the skunk triggered the trail cam which then happened to pick up the tail lights or it could be the skunk also triggered something on the truck.
Rivian R1T R1S Taillights blinking randomly while truck is locked and off IMG_0189.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Taillights blinking randomly while truck is locked and off IMG_0190.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Taillights blinking randomly while truck is locked and off IMG_0191.JPG

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Mine is doing this as well. I just did a test and walked out to the truck without my fob or phone. No reaction from truck. Then walked out with fob in hand and the taillights blinked. Repeated the above with same result, so I’m guessing it’s detecting the fob and waking.

rivian_panda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Genius, Millionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
I had wondered if Android was the issue. Appears not. I installed .19 tonight, tried to use PaaK / Proximity Key again but that still doesn't work for shit. So I'm back to this setup. My phone is setup as a key, but Proximity unlock / lock isn't enabled. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if .19 improved anything with regards to this light issue.

I'm also disabling Gear Guard entirely now. It's not any better under .19 but wondering if that could also be some issue.
same problem using iphone.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I wonder if it isn't something triggering the security system. Truck was parked up on my camping property which happens to have a trail cam aimed at the general area. Phone/NFC card no where near the truck. At 11:38 p.m. trail cam is triggered and you can see taillights appear to be on (first pic). If you look closely, you'll see Pepe Le Pew on the left side of the frame. Pic 2 shows him in the middle of the frame and pic three shows him to the right. It could be total coincidence that the skunk triggered the trail cam which then happened to pick up the tail lights or it could be the skunk also triggered something on the truck.
Those aren't the tail lights, they are the reflectors which are reflecting the infrared light the camera is using to see at night.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Those aren't the tail lights, they are the reflectors which are reflecting the infrared light the camera is using to see at night.
Ok, that makes sense. Glad to know a skunk wasn’t setting off the security system.

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Ok, that makes sense. Glad to know a skunk wasn’t setting off the security system.
Yeah , that would stink! BA_BOOM

CarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB C63S, Ford F-250 Tremor, Rivian R1T LE
My veh has been having this issue as well. No phone/fob near the vehicle.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My veh has been having this issue as well. No phone/fob near the vehicle.
Is your fob in a faraday bag? We don’t know how far it can be detected.
Sponsored