Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Here’s my video of it.

Sponsored

Deleted member 8708

This seems to have gone away for me with the 2022.35.3 update. Anyone else?

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
This seems to have gone away for me with the 2022.35.3 update. Anyone else?
It persists for me with that update applied.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
My taillight blinks almost every time I enter my garage from my house, even when I don't have my phone or FOB on me. Even when the app says the truck is sleeping. I keep Bluetooth "off" on my phone and do not use Paak.

This doesn't really bother me too much because I don't have excess vampire drain, but I *am* curious as to how it knows I'm in the garage even with Gear Guard off and nothing on my person that could trigger proximity. I don't know if the taillight blinks when no-one is around - I haven't gone to the trouble yet of spying on my truck.

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
This is a pretty benign, but pervasive thing. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. (Go camping with your truck sometime. You'll see it do all kinds of interesting things when you're next to it i the dark for hours).

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Service said:

“Condition is normal. Occurs when a key is in close proximity to the vehicle.”

I believe they told me this could happen if a key fob or card was within 30 meters of the vehicle. That’s about 100 feet.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Service said:

“Condition is normal. Occurs when a key is in close proximity to the vehicle.”

I believe they told me this could happen if a key fob or card was within 30 meters of the vehicle. That’s about 100 feet.
Adventure tested. :cool:

Deleted member 7086

Mine does this if I leave the key FOB or key card in the kitchen which adjoins the garage.

TeslaCoil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Following up: I think you're correct, whomever suggested it's standby mode. I took the battery out of the fob and turned off Bluetooth and the vehicle went to sleep rather quickly. As soon as I put the battery back in the fob, the "wake" button disappeared from the app and the blinking resumed.

Mystery solved?

EDIT/UPDATE: Nevermind. This is inconsistent. Truck battery is still draining like 10% per day just sitting there with the battery out of the fob and me away from home.
This is exactly what I am experiencing 10% battery drain per day while parked, and flashing rear lights about every 2 minutes, sometimes it is a short flash and others a longer flash. No idea if the two are related.
Called Rivian Service and they say 10% phantom drain per day is normal. yeah ok...

wrightwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar, R1T
My 2 week old truck is doing this parked on the street 30m from the house. Did y'all get any resolution to this?

Sponsored

teartags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T A/T
My 2 week old R1T is doing this also. Very randomly though and not too frequently. Thinking it's connecting to my phone periodically?

EV4sure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC300, Tesla Model 3
It does this to indicate that the car has detected a key nearby (eg your phone, or fob). If you have proximity unlock enabled, the car should unlock shortly thereafter as you get closer

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
My 2 week old R1T is doing this also. Very randomly though and not too frequently. Thinking it's connecting to my phone periodically?
Normal behavior when the phone or remote is within proximity of the vehicle. It’s acknowledging that it detects the signal close by.