Ariscottle

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Tail gate question.. 8B764956-FD1F-49F2-87F9-05303F59B688
When you press “open tail gate” does it automatically drop? Mine unlocks but still requires you to pull it down. Looks like there was an option for another strut on the right but its just a void. I’m okay with the additional effort; probably safer, I believe the one gas strut in place is to slow the drop. Merely curious if everyone else has an empty space.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If your not working against gravity it is designed to fall on it's own. SC will make an adjustment for you if you want, how long that continues to work though...

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Mine just delivered today and requires you to pull it down. It'll be on my short list of stuff to be fixed at some point.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I prefer it not falling on own. Don't need it being released accidentally and falling into garage door hinges.

Sponsored

OrthoBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X5 PHEV
Mine just delivered today and requires you to pull it down. It'll be on my short list of stuff to be fixed at some point.
it may loosen up. Mine did. Same as your at first. But now opens all the way just with the press.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

The local Rivian body shop adjusted my tailgate so that it even drops on a decline.....

Last edited:

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
Mine drops nearly every time on its own unless on a reverse incline… This got me once in the garage while cleaning the screen and released and hit a shelf behind the truck… Luckily no damage and it hit the bed liner section not paint… I now make sure to not clean the screen while on the truck operations tab…

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Mine drops nearly every time on its own unless on a reverse incline… This got me once in the garage while cleaning the screen and released and hit a shelf behind the truck… Luckily no damage and it hit the bed liner section not paint… I now make sure to not clean the screen while on the truck operations tab…
We still need a screen cleaning mode.....
Sponsored