Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Why do you drive around in lowest? Man it's so uncomfortable haha
"Being low" doesn't equate to "uncomfortable"

"Highest" could be implemented with as much stiffness as sport mode, and "lowest" could be implemented as soft and comfortable as they choose to.

We prefer lowest because we have a short adult family member and two little kid family members that get in and out of the truck. And many trips are short trips to school and/or daycare. And we don't want to have to remember to switch to "Sport/Lowest" after every drive just to lower the truck as much as possible.

But also, lowest is the most stable (not that an R1T is under any threat of tipping over on normal roads) and potentially the best aerodynamics/efficiency.
Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
"Being low" doesn't equate to "uncomfortable"
Well of course it doesn't equate, but with air suspension, when you let all the air out of suspension (or fill it up to max), you've removed the cushion. My R1T rides like it's on a POGO stick in lowest. Slamming on potholes, cracks, and speed bumps roughly. Maybe my tolerance level is just low, but i didn't realize that there are people who might find the lowest setting to be comfortable haha. I recall when this forum was on fire for conserve only allowing lowest and standard.

I have the same issue with a family member who needs to enter/exit in lowest, but i always (annoyingly) have to lower when parking, and manually raise back up to low/standard when driving. Im jealous that you find lowest comfortable 😭

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Wait a minute... they IMPROVED range loss by 15% overnight??

Now there's 15% MORE Vampires, or 15% less?

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I love how they call it “occasional” vent calibration issues.

In my experience and from reading on here, I’d say “occasional” applies more accurately to the number of times my vents are where I left them.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well of course it doesn't equate, but with air suspension, when you let all the air out of suspension (or fill it up to max), you've removed the cushion. My R1T rides like it's on a POGO stick in lowest. Slamming on potholes, cracks, and speed bumps roughly. Maybe my tolerance level is just low, but i didn't realize that there are people who might find the lowest setting to be comfortable haha. I recall when this forum was on fire for conserve only allowing lowest and standard.
In Sport/Lowest/Standard (as opposed to Sport/Lowest/Stiff) we're definitely floating over uneven roads/potholes, etc.

In "stiff" it's way too stiff.

I have the same issue with a family member who needs to enter/exit in lowest, but i always (annoyingly) have to lower when parking, and manually raise back up to low/standard when driving. Im jealous that you find lowest comfortable 😭
The real solution for the little people problem is running boards (bonus points for retractable) but in the meantime... we have other reasons to prefer lowest as well.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I am surprised people are calling this "weak" when they made DCFC 20% more efficient and reduced vampire drain by 15%. That's huge with just a SW fix.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
This is good. But for the love of god please fix the keys. Also, this is my first update, will it just appear when it’s ready?

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
This is good. But for the love of god please fix the keys. Also, this is my first update, will it just appear when it’s ready?
You’ll get a notice in the App, and a pop-up will appear in the truck

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I am surprised people are calling this "weak" when they made DCFC 20% more efficient and reduced vampire drain by 15%. That's huge with just a SW fix.
My ideal conditions under precondition were already ~500A immediately after plugging in. The only way I could see improvement is if they are being proactive about keeping the battery temps in the optimal zone during charging, but that kinda isn't what's implied by the wording.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My ideal conditions under precondition were already ~500A immediately after plugging in. The only way I could see improvement is if they are being proactive about keeping the battery temps in the optimal zone during charging, but that kinda isn't what's implied by the wording.
What if it’s 20% longer at max charging?

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
They may have also widened the temperature envelope to allow higher speeds at higher temps.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They may have also widened the temperature envelope to allow faster higher speeds at higher temps.
I'll find out next week if they push the update to my truck by then. Of course it's still dependent on the charging station itself not overheating.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Well I can confirm with this app update that the (RIDE) menu is now officially a 5 pin passcode instead of 4 😂 (this was expected)

The ride hight and vent issues is a nice fix, I can confirm seeing the new (Auto) button above "all purpose" and "conservative" 👍

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eff'ing tell me about it.

The key situation is by far the most aggravating part of owning an R1T.

Such low hanging fruit to fix, as well!
Sponsored