No Way! Congratulations!
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I'm guessing we'll get am email re-affirming our 2023 delivery estimates. Max pack owners really are getting screwed, it seems.
Wait!? There are Max pack owners????

I just made fun of myself.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Well I'll be damned. Got a guide 😑

big-ern-espn.gif
Someone at HQ is playing Oprah and reading these forums, "You get an R1T, You get an R1T, You get an R1T!"
If there is a fairy godparent at Rivian reading this right now, can I have an R1T? :)

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I think on reddit alone I've seen three posts today from people whose orders are much more recent than mine all getting their guides. Just makes me sad. And of course, like an idiot, I keep changing my config every couple of days to see if that helps me get to be one of the lucky ones.

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

No... Now I have no way of confirming this BUT!!!!

I was terrified of updating my configuration since Rivian changed it to a large pack in January.

In my head I was like "if I change something I'll tumble down the ladder of deliveries and calls".

But then eventually after waiting as long as I did said "f*** it" and changed my configuration to include the "powered tonneau cover" (this was my only change). My order did originally have it, but Rivian did that PSB about them resetting it on orders to "meet peoples lifestyle needs" and that you could now change it to whatever bed option you wanted.

So now I get a guide.

It could be coincidence, but it could be that they got an alert of a order change, then a red flag came with my 2018 order that otherwise they wouldn't have been alerted about.

I have no clue... But got a guide, and phone call coming tomorrow.

I'll obviously post what info that's shared with me.

Maybe Rivian heard I was going to buy a car Friday, possible two cars with my wife and baby boy.
I think this is spot on.

I haven't heard of any deliveries without the power tonneau. I'd be interested to hear if others have seen or heard of such deliveries.

I also re-added the power tonneau last week a mere few hours before they sent out the broader email. When they sent the email initially I thought it must have been tailored to me, alas...Fingers crossed it actually expedites things though.

Literally five minutes ago, coincidentally, a childhood friend of mine called me to let me know he just had guide contact. He ordered two weeks AFTER I DID (Nov, 21)...his guide explained that there might be limitations on availability of the underbody shield, as he had seen fewer of those in his recent configurations. Only difference between our two configurations, besides LA vs. Bay Area. Layers of speculation here with respect to the shield shortage, of course, but a possibility....definitely considering removing.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I think on reddit alone I've seen three posts today from people whose orders are much more recent than mine all getting their guides. Just makes me sad. And of course, like an idiot, I keep changing my config every couple of days to see if that helps me get to be one of the lucky ones.
They should add a "first available" box that we could check on the configurator that way when they batch the compass yellow/ forest edge cars it will make a bunch of recent order holders very happy.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Yeah... It's just nuts, but yeah I would agree @mabowden with the "first available".

I am curious to see how our conversation goes regarding options because I don't care so much about the options for the vehicle as I do all the add-on kit. But I'm willing to pay for that now and just wait for it to be available whenever it does become available later.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@ja_kub_sz I need to find out more about how you willed yourself a guide. I’m a 2019 preorder that switched from max and have had crickets. Any tips for me to help me get a guide?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm very curious about how the guide assignment process works. I assume guides are regionally focused, which would make sense. So then the question is, do the guides see a list of orders that they can choose from based on criteria or do they see a new list of orders assigned to them every morning when they log into SFDC? If it's the latter, then is it a person who is assigning them out or is it some machine logic through matching?

Obviously it could be some combination of all 3, but it definitely seems to have an element of randomness to the casual observer.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm very curious about how the guide assignment process works. I assume guides are regionally focused, which would make sense. So then the question is, do the guides see a list of orders that they can choose from based on criteria or do they see a new list of orders assigned to them every morning when they log into SFDC? If it's the latter, then is it a person who is assigning them out or is it some machine logic through matching?

Obviously it could be some combination of all 3, but it definitely seems to have an element of randomness to the casual observer.

Rivian R1T R1S Skipping early preorders. 1652829542331

Sponsored

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
My guess is their CRM is frozen with data through January, at least for folks (like me) that had max pack configured prior to the delivery timeline emails. Which is mind blowing to me. I can understand a non frequent update (e.g monthly) but we are past the quarter now. Another example that couId confirm this, I have seen cases of pre-order holders that switched from R1T to R1S and got contacted for an R1T delivery.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

My guess is their CRM is frozen with data through January, at least for folks (like me) that had max pack configured prior to the delivery timeline emails. Which is mind blowing to me. I can understand a non frequent update (e.g monthly) but we are past the quarter now. Another example that couId confirm this, I have seen cases of pre-order holders that switched from R1T to R1S and got contacted about the R1T.
Except there is at least one example (allegedly) of someone with a 3/2022 order getting a guide already.

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
@ja_kub_sz I need to find out more about how you willed yourself a guide. I’m a 2019 preorder that switched from max and have had crickets. Any tips for me to help me get a guide?
Zero tips, but I'm gonna see if the guide can "guide us" all with this.

Call is set up for 12:30p on Thursday.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Wait....there have been deliveries that are NOT LE models? That would change my opinion on this matter. I haven't seen such a thing posted, but I also don't put enough time into this to catch every post that would announce that. Please let me know if someone did indeed already get an non LE delivery (that isn't an employee).
There are a lot of Adventure deliveries in the October - December delivery thread as well as on reddit.
Sponsored