Sponsored

Skipping early preorders.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I think the thing that is most maddening - even more than the random 2021 orders being filled - is the stories of guides offering multiple configurations. So many of us are not married to a specific color and would be open to different wheels etc. I just want to have that conversation...

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I think the thing that is most maddening - even more than the random 2021 orders being filled - is the stories of guides offering multiple configurations. So many of us are not married to a specific color and would be open to different wheels etc. I just want to have that conversation...
I'll have that conversation with you. It just might not lead you to getting your truck sooner 🤷‍♂️

Sportskid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
I think i would be one of the lucky may 2021 preorders. I got a guide and told them i was open for configurations. 2 weeks later she called with a blue R1T that was avaliable (i wanted white) and i jumped on it. Picking it up in 2 days. Not sure if it it has to do with the fact that i am a few miles form the el segundo service center where the trucks are shipped to but at this point i am keeping my fingers crossed it all goes through.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It really is a lottery at this point. Date and proximity to a service center seem to be out the window now.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
@ja_kub_sz I need to find out more about how you willed yourself a guide. I’m a 2019 preorder that switched from max and have had crickets. Any tips for me to help me get a guide?
Willed?

This is probably random chance from all I've seen on this forum!

Sorry 😂

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
It really is a lottery at this point. Date and proximity to a service center seem to be out the window now.
A true lottery would seem more fair and probably be perceived as less capricious.

Richcolorado

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe BMW 335 hardtop convertible, BMW 750il
Occupation
Audio
I pre-ordered in Feb. 2022 after returning from the Fully Charged event in Austin. I too, ordered the max pack. Everything I heard said they were going to ship the "large battery" first and since I had ordered the larger one of the two choices I assumed that the "large battery" would be the larger one. Once I was told that it would not arrive until 2023 I changed to the large battery. But never heard anything new. I recently changed to the R1S as I think that may suit my needs better. If they had clearly told me at any point that the max battery would have added another year I would have just changed it. I cannot get any real information from anyone at Rivian on this topic. It seems that if you mad that mistake you will be punished for it. I have waited 27 months and not any idea when I will ever see my Rivian.

Richcolorado

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe BMW 335 hardtop convertible, BMW 750il
Occupation
Audio
i love the Dumb and Dumber post, it sure fits! I have spoken with Rivian customer support a few times where they have told me that given my pre order date that I have a good chance of being changed to 2022. I am so afraid to make any changes at all as I do not know if that will put me even further back in line!

OP
OP

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
I pre-ordered in Feb. 2022 after returning from the Fully Charged event in Austin. I too, ordered the max pack. Everything I heard said they were going to ship the "large battery" first and since I had ordered the larger one of the two choices I assumed that the "large battery" would be the larger one. Once I was told that it would not arrive until 2023 I changed to the large battery. But never heard anything new. I recently changed to the R1S as I think that may suit my needs better. If they had clearly told me at any point that the max battery would have added another year I would have just changed it. I cannot get any real information from anyone at Rivian on this topic. It seems that if you mad that mistake you will be punished for it. I have waited 27 months and not any idea when I will ever see my Rivian.
I too thought the Max would be first...early order Punishment!

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

This is an article from 12/28/2021:
https://insideevs.com/news/557502/rivian-max-pack-delayed-2023/

A little research probably could have saved you a lot of disappointment. It certainly wasn't a secret as of 1/1/2022 that no Max Packs would be delivered in 2022.

OP
OP

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
It was a "secret" until late December 2021 when RJ bumped the Max Pack to 2023.
Sure but this post was referring to the person that ordered in feb. 2022. By that time we knew the max pack would be later.

OP
OP

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Sure but this post was referring to the person that ordered in feb. 2022. By that time we knew the max pack would be later.
True, but early max pack configures were not given new Delivery Windows . Shoved back to 2023...and No Guides....sooo wait we can't communicate!