Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
What was the email about the tonneau?
I got it too, it was nothing exciting. If you ordered tonneau cover, they asked you to go in and reaffirm you still want it.
Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I am hoping those of us who originally ordered a max pack will hear something “in the next coming weeks” presumably when they update the website and give ETD dates. Anyone heard anything else about that other than the vague statements from the earnings call?
I had the good fortune to test drive with my brother. He received an email giving him the opportunity to schedule. He's a max pack order holder too and expects his truck in 2023. More random scheduling I know!

To the real point, our test drive host was incredibly knowledgeable and he shared his extensive training, which impressed me. We asked him specifically about the max pack - is it even going to happen - and he said they were testing the configuration right now. He had no specifics beyond that. It gave me a little hope.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I can understand that its difficult to manage constantly changing customer configurations. But where Rivian errored is not giving all early preorders one chance to change to a configuration that they could build soon.

It's pretty clear that they were not up to the complex information management challenges of scheduling orders, production and deliveries. I expect, except for production, that they thought of the processes as a clerical function to which they would apply management decision.

If they are delivering out of order, the question becomes why no one questioned how customers with orders from 2019 would respond when 2021 orders are delivered. If I was RJ that would concern me as much as the information processing problems they seem to have.

If they had worked from customer perception backwards they would make better decisions. They are likely building vehicles not assigned to a specific customer and not think through the impact on early orders holders.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I got it too, it was nothing exciting. If you ordered tonneau cover, they asked you to go in and reaffirm you still want it.
I think the e-mail was more for people like me. I had selected the adventure package from the beginning, but did not notice they removed the tonneau cover when they reverted back to pre-march pricing. I had to go back in and add back the powered tonneau cover. If you don't add it back in the default option is no tonneau cover. I'm sure they mentioned this at some point but I didn't see it

Realistically I'm adding it back on because every truck coming out right now has one so I think it will bump up my place in line vs. those who don't, even though I'm still sticking to OC interior :).

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Ordered a max-pack right after the announcement. The only contact I have had has been a phone call asking if I wanted to change to the large (I said yes) and yesterday I got an e-mail about the toneau. That's been it.
Exact same for me.

Max pack 11/27/2018 and got a call Jan 10th 2022 asking me to change to large and now nothing since then.

Really just getting old at this point.

Let's hope for something end of May.

Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Did you miss the memo about Launch Edition coming first? Also Black Mountain interior? Also RB, El Cap, LAUNCH green, and LA silver exteriors being bunched together?
Hmmmm....it's like no one complaining wants to acknowledge this LE first thing.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@KingTodd ... People have acknowledged it and there have been people assigned guides and actually taking delivery of non-LE models way before Max Pack orders who downgraded, among others.

These people getting their R1T's didn't place their "non-LE" preorders in 2018/2019, that's why people are upset.

Get it?

Rivian R1T R1S Skipping early preorders. Screenshot_20220517-070619

Last edited:

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
@KingTodd ... People have acknowledged it and there have been people assigned guides and actually taking delivery of non-LE models way before Max Pack orders who downgraded, among others.

These people getting their R1T's didn't place their "non-LE" preorders in 2018/2019, that's why people are upset.

Get it?

Screenshot_20220517-070619.png
Wait....there have been deliveries that are NOT LE models? That would change my opinion on this matter. I haven't seen such a thing posted, but I also don't put enough time into this to catch every post that would announce that. Please let me know if someone did indeed already get an non LE delivery (that isn't an employee).

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Wait....there have been deliveries that are NOT LE models? That would change my opinion on this matter. I haven't seen such a thing posted, but I also don't put enough time into this to catch every post that would announce that. Please let me know if someone did indeed already get an non LE delivery (that isn't an employee).
Yes it has already happened and Rivian recently communicated that we should expect this.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, they flat out said they're rolling out Adventure trucks to customers to expedite deliveries along with LE deliveries.

These are option specific Adventure models meaning ocean coast, and other options aren't available.

But regardless several 2018/2019 Adventure orders have been skipped over with no explanation when they otherwise would've met the listed options available to accept delivery.

My order included.

El cap, black interior.... I told Rivian I DONT CARE WHAT OPTIONS JUST GET ME A R1T regarding all the other options.

Been waiting to long already.

Sponsored

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Well I'll be damned. Got a guide 😑

big-ern-espn.gif
Congratulations! Funny timing!

Did you contact customer support and let them know you were as flexible on options as you are?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congratulations! Funny timing!

Did you contact customer support and let them know you were as flexible on options as you are?
No... Now I have no way of confirming this BUT!!!!

I was terrified of updating my configuration since Rivian changed it to a large pack in January.

In my head I was like "if I change something I'll tumble down the ladder of deliveries and calls".

But then eventually after waiting as long as I did said "f*** it" and changed my configuration to include the "powered tonneau cover" (this was my only change). My order did originally have it, but Rivian did that PSB about them resetting it on orders to "meet peoples lifestyle needs" and that you could now change it to whatever bed option you wanted.

So now I get a guide.

It could be coincidence, but it could be that they got an alert of a order change, then a red flag came with my 2018 order that otherwise they wouldn't have been alerted about.

I have no clue... But got a guide, and phone call coming tomorrow.

I'll obviously post what info that's shared with me.

Maybe Rivian heard I was going to buy a car Friday, possible two cars with my wife and baby boy.

OP
OP

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired