First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
It may not be exactly the information we’re all craving, but to Rivian’s credit they have greatly increased the rate of social media posting

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Why did a 5 yr. old kid get their truck before me? ?‍♂

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Kind of feels like a big f* you to the rest of us. Maybe that's just the jealousy shining through, but this one stung for some reason.
They specifically perused the forums, cross referenced information from their records and the forums and then sent invitations to other people ?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Kind of feels like a big f* you to the rest of us. Maybe that's just the jealousy shining through, but this one stung for some reason.
There are definitely some early pre-order holders on this forum that I would feel very bad for if they weren't invited.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Why?

I see it the exact opposite. I'm happy that things are moving forward with plant tours. It tells me that good things might be coming soon for everyone as they ramp up programs like this.

People on this forum likely represent less than 1% or 2% of total preorder holders. It's really not surprising if none of the lucky ones are on this forum.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I heard the school across town is turning their gym into a pool with a waterslide! It’s not fair, the other kids get all the cool stuff!!!

Other people got to do a neat thing before everyone else. That’s pretty neat. And not worth getting upset about.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

But on a more serious note, two things strike me: they actually let people INSIDE the vehicle to drive it finally, and there were VERY few people there if the pictures were indicative of attendance. I'm sure this was a very highly curated group who all signed NDAs. Overall a net positive, but they aren't ready for prime time.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

But on a more serious note, two things strike me: they actually let people INSIDE the vehicle to drive it finally, and there were VERY few people there if the pictures were indicative of attendance. I'm sure this was a very highly curated group who all signed NDAs. Overall a net positive, but they aren't ready for prime time.

They did mention next week so maybe that's when those NDAs expire, at least here's hoping.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I‘d wager everything is locked in for production, except maybe some software stuff that’s easily changed before final release. Not uncommon for automakers to build a bunch of units and hold them at the plant.

They’re likely holding off until their plant is in full production. Which should be lining up with the latest delivery timing.

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, FJ40, MG TF1500, Model S, Lotus
I heard the school across town is turning their gym into a pool with a waterslide! It’s not fair, the other kids get all the cool stuff!!!

Other people got to do a neat thing before everyone else. That’s pretty neat. And not worth getting upset about.
Never said I was upset or talked about it not being fair. I did mention jealousy though, which I am! Just was expressing my own opinion on how I felt. Thanks for your opinion though.
Sponsored