Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Washington is one of the premier offroad recreation areas in the USA and it's got a lot of affluent people into that kind of thing.

There's a reason the PNW is the bestselling region for Tacos, the best selling overlanding truck.
You missed one big reason:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1622227087820
Sponsored

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
@Khaneric seeing as you are going to get yours before me you are honor bound to let me see when you do.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Washington makes perfect sense for this kind of vehicle. It’s a great marketing exercise. Let’s just hope they do a consistent nationwide roll out and don’t only focus on the coasts at first, or allow factory pickup.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Washington makes perfect sense for this kind of vehicle. It’s a great marketing exercise. Let’s just hope they do a consistent nationwide roll out and don’t only focus on the coasts at first, or allow factory pickup.
+1 for factory pickup let me save you some shipping just give me a tour when I'm there.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Let’s just hope they do a consistent nationwide roll out and don’t only focus on the coasts at first, or allow factory pickup.
Focusing on the coasts is fine with me. ?

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
I'm way down the line, with an Explorer R1S reservation from late 2020. What I'm saying is, when you get your truck I hope you'll take a swing through Chagrin Falls :)
yes, I will for sure swing through Chagrin Falls. In fact, my wife and I was there last weekend at Bell & Flower and got some Jenni’s afterwards. Next time I can race some of the Ferraris and Lambos cruising the strip.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Well darn. Seattle, November 2018 reservation, Blue & Black LE, and no contact for us today. We have had the camp kitchen configured, 20" wheels. Added the off-road upgrade back when they changed things up yesterday. Wondering why our number didn't get drawn...

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

+1 for factory pickup let me save you some shipping just give me a tour when I'm there.
They have repeatedly said no to factory pickup. I recently read an article that indicates dealers and manufacturers make money off of destination charges. Rivian needs the low cost/ high ptofit income to offset all the start up costs in order to have a decent valuation when they go public.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Well darn. Seattle, November 2018 reservation, Blue & Black LE, and no contact for us today. We have had the camp kitchen configured, 20" wheels. Added the off-road upgrade back when they changed things up yesterday. Wondering why our number didn't get drawn...
Interesting...

How many people who got contacted had either the camp kitchen or the Off-Road package in their configuration?

Would be interesting if the guides had any input on how either of these could impact the order.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Interesting...

How many people who got contacted had either the camp kitchen or the Off-Road package in their configuration?

Would be interesting if the guides had any input on how either of these could impact the order.
I had both.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That is probably one question that I will not ask, but here are the first couple of topics on my mind. I’m not an engineer so some of the technical questions I’ve seen in the posts are not quite as critical to me.
  • Obvious questions about financing, insurance, delivery timing, etc.
  • How can I see the UX in action and pics of the finished interior.
  • What is the real world driving range and what difference does off road package make?
  • Will this 1st gen R1 be able to handle higher charging rates through an OTA update
I’m sure I will think of more, but I am open to suggestions to add to my list (within reason)?
I'm a little suspicious if the guides are going to manage these conversations and limit answers in the short term. Confirming "details of configuration and accessories, and delivery timing" seems like they may be trying to manage the interactions to start. (I hate what being a consulting engineer and managing projects has done to me... such a cynic lol)

Regarding your question (and @kanundrum's) they're basically the same. If you ask if the 1stgen R1 will be able to handle the 300kw charging rates through an OTA or if the quote on the website is limited to other vehicles on RAN, that would answer both questions. That way you get an answer if the OTA update would be materially faster charging (vs like 2% faster via OTA), and most people's about the architecture (unlikely to hit 300 kw with 400v).

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 1622229991309

in other words is this the R1 with charging rates of 300kW+ in the future, or the charging network.

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

I'm in Simi and I ordered March 1, 2019. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is for contacts. I have my call scheduled for Tuesday.
Wow!! I’m in Chatsworth but I ordered el cap and black interior. Pre order 5/2020. I wonder what would happen if I changed my color option to Rivian Blue

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
25% of me still wants to hit confirm on the Compass Yellow option
Haha. That’s ok, 25% of me is scared to keep Compass Yellow and wants to switch to Forest Green. Not sure I can hold a yellow truck for 10 plus years.

I asked CS about the yellow one day and he said it might end up being the Sleeper color that people wished they ordered because it looks that good in person.
Sponsored