Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I have a feeling that we will start seeing more of these articles over the next several months. As we start seeing these, it would be cool to start a google spreadsheet with all of the locations and their statuses like this website for Tesla Superchargers... https://supercharge.info/changes

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thanks for that link @MReda ! Found the following additional details in the terms of the lease:
Rivian will construct eight (8) charging stations within the lease area. The construction of
these charging stations, along with their appurtances, will occupy an area that currently
contains eighteen (18) existing parking spaces. However, it should be noted that the majority
of loss of parking will be to accommodate a Rivian vehicle towing a trailer.

Four (4) of the charging stations will be Level 3 chargers, which are capable of quickly
charging most EVs in approximately an hour. The Level 3 chargers are currently proposed
to be exclusively for the use of Rivian vehicles only. The remaining four (4) charging stations
will be Level 2 chargers, which require more time to charge EVs (a full charge can take many
hours). The Level 2 chargers will be open to use by any EV driver of any type of car
(Chevrolet, Tesla, etc.). Rivian reserves the right to allowing all EVs to utilize the Level 3
chargers, at Rivian’s discretion.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
They have the whole Rivian lease agreement and exhibits at this link. Is this our first look at the Rivian charging stations?
Yes, there's a lot if interesting info contained in those diagrams. I deliberately chose not to publicize that given the propritary and confidential markings and the related NDA with the city also included in the contract. However, the contract is up for public review at this point... I just didn't want to be the one credited for this info when it gets blasted across all the car sites. :)

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It meets CharIn HPC350. Why are they limiting it to Rivian users? Any thoughts on how either the company or the owner of a Rivian benefits from that? The obvious one is that a Rivian driver would never have to wait behind an Audi, etc. driver but has anyone seen queues at DC fast chargers (other than Tesla)?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes, there's a lot if interesting info contained in those diagrams. I deliberately chose not to publicize that given the propritary and confidential markings and the related NDA with the city also included in the contract. However, the contract is up for public review at this point... I just didn't want to be the one credited for this info when it gets blasted across all the car sites. :)
Fair enough. I edited my post above. But that thing is public now. Anyone can go look if they want :)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
But that thing is public now. Anyone can go look if they want :)
Exactly... I just didn't want to be the one credited with the "scoop".

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It's public info now, guys.

Now I wonder if Rivian will offer a version of their level 2 EVSE for 50 amp circuits (14-50).

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
It meets CharIn HPC350. Why are they limiting it to Rivian users? Any thoughts on how either the company or the owner of a Rivian benefits from that? The obvious one is that a Rivian driver would never have to wait behind an Audi, etc. driver but has anyone seen queues at DC fast chargers (other than Tesla)?
Max output is listed @ 300kW, so it would be HPC250
They state it may be available to other EVs, but allows them to give Rivian owners priority (I think this is needed as part of the reservation system).
The Level 3 chargers are currently proposed to be exclusively for the use of Rivian vehicles only.
...​
Rivian reserves the right to allowing all EVs to utilize the Level 3 chargers, at Rivian’s discretion.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Anyone interested in picking apart this wording?

" Rivian shall not be charged any fees for the rights granted to it under this Agreement. Landlord further acknowledges and agrees that it shall neither charge a premium parking fee (i.e., a fee over and above standard parking charges) nor a specific charging fee to Rivian electric vehicle drivers seeking to charge their vehicles in any of the Parking Spaces "

If I'm reading that correctly, the Landlord can't charge a fee? Nothing about what Rivian can charge for. But also no mention for non-Rivian vehicles that are charging.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
The impression I got reading it is 1) Rivian won't be paying rent on an ongoing basis (just an upfront fee) and 2) the city can't charge more for parking in the EVSE spots than the non-EVSE spots. The lot can still have a fee for general use that would apply to charging and non-charging vehicles alike, but there can't be any additional fee imposed by the city above and beyond the general parking fee for vehicles using the chargers.
Sponsored