Rattles & Squeaks

AFA7886

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Anyone else experience some rattles and squeaks? I have started to notice some but, from what I can tell, typically happens at city speeds and on bumpier/uneven paved roads. I feel like it might be in the suspension and on the driver side but that could be from the fact that I am always the one driving. Just wondering if any other owners have noticed that.

Thanks in advance from any other owners,

AFA
Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Following - I've noticed this a bit as well, especially when I go over speed bumps. Trying to figure out if it's normal (within spec) or not. I wish I could schedule another test drive just so I can take a different R1T over the same roads I drive to see what's normal and what isn't.

OP
OP
AFA7886

AFA7886

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I am hoping there will be a get together of current R1T owners in my area in the near future for that exact same purpose. It would be easy to drive similar roads with different trucks to compare. Unfortunately, Atlanta is a bit out of my range ;)

Heimat

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
pipefitter, rental property
I have noticed strange noises at slow speeds on rough roads. Also have a growling noise and feel when turning, the faster the more pronounced. Would love to be in another truck to know if this is normal. Is this just because it has no engine vibration/noises that I am noticing it or is something not right?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I have noticed strange noises at slow speeds on rough roads. Also have a growling noise and feel when turning, the faster the more pronounced. Would love to be in another truck to know if this is normal. Is this just because it has no engine vibration/noises that I am noticing it or is something not right?
Are you sure that's not just a result of tire choice? I know my meatier 33's have a more noticeable ride "feel" as well when turning as the wheel can become a bit off camber than more straight in line driving

Sponsored

Heimat

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
pipefitter, rental property
I could be just that. I did take my ranger tremor with the off road tires out to compare and did not get the same noise/feel. But they are different tires, vehicle weight, tire pressure. Could just be the nature of the R1T. Unfortunately I have never even seen another one.

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
I've noticed a very small squeak as well. It seems to be on the driver's side, as you said, and particularly at low speed and over speed bumps or situations when there is a good bit of wheel travel. It's very slight and high pitched. I don't hear it at higher speeds. I don't even think most people would notice it. I haven't observed it when using 'soft' mode for suspension, but definitely when in firm mode (my driving is soft mode was very limited, so I could be wrong about that).

This is my first car with air shocks, so I wondered if it was just how they operate. Other than that, very solid. Occasionally the driver door has a single, sharp rattle when I hit a substantial pothole. Not a huge deal, I just don't hear the other doors do that.

Yeti370

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I hear a rattle noise on the driver side when going over bumps. Hoping to get the suspension looked at next week.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I hear a rattle noise on the driver side when going over bumps. Hoping to get the suspension looked at next week.
I have the same, but on front passenger. Doesn't seem to worrying.

Sponsored

danielvdm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have a really annoying rattle that seems to be coming from behind the driver display. Hopefully Rivian can fix it.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I have a rattle on the driver's side also. It seems like it may be in the driver's door, but it may be the rear door - hard to narrow down while driving. It is not that objectionable, but I will want Service to try to run that down before the warranty runs out.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Folks have found loose and missing bolts and fasteners. May be a visual inspection could help isolating a potentially simple issue.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
Same issue and some soft squeaking over bumps. Looking forward to what service tells you regarding your issue.
The soft squeaking over bumps at low speed seems to be common and may be typical behavior, my truck does this. Seems to only do it after sitting for a while, once i get driving it goes away.
Sponsored