Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Thanks for the links! I ordered the tirerack wheels 3 weeks ago, but they just told me that they won't come in until April after winter lol!

Have you seen pics of the ram wheels?
Based on the information from @SeaGeo in post #9 above https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...h-rims-cheap-for-snow-tires.10291/post-239660 it looks like this is the wheel with that part number in silver. Apparently available in black, too. (edit: As shown by @COdogman who posted just before I did.)
https://www.detroitwheelandtire.com...d-replacement-2363-silver-hol-2363-sss-a.html
Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires 1669051177626
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Apparently they are easy to find on ebay or local ads as Ram owners take them off frequently for something else.
Damn. Well you've gotten me to sign into Facebook and you're right. Found a ton for sale!

From another post you need center caps and a hub centric ring.

Gotta think this through, but this might be the cheap option I was looking for!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Damn. Well you've gotten me to sign into Facebook and you're right. Found a ton for sale!

From another post you need center caps and a hub centric ring.

Gotta think this through, but this might be the cheap option I was looking for!
Be careful that it's the exact rim. There are other rims from them that look very similar but have thicker spokes that won't fit apparently.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Be careful that it's the exact rim. There are other rims from them that look very similar but have thicker spokes that won't fit apparently.
Yeah, I'm starting to realize that. So many variations of the rim.

Thanks for the heads up

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I'm starting to realize that. So many variations of the rim.

Thanks for the heads up
No problem, that's why the item number was shared. :)

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
So does anyone see an issue with something like these?
https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Rivian&autoModel=R1T&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=&initialPartNumber=2582985BZ18BZBL&i1_Qty=4&wheelMake=Ultra&wheelModel=Prowler&wheelFinish=Bronze+w/Black+Lip&wheelFinish=Bronze+w/Black+Lip&showRear=no&packageFlow=false

The cost of the oem rims is way too much and the 1ev wheels are like 1,000 each. I’m not trying to spend that much for 3-4 months of use.
Any opinions?
Honest one’s lol

thanks!
Anything listed for the R1T on TireRack should be laser scanned and vetted/guaranteed to fit. Contact them to make sure but if it's listed it SHOULD fit and be spec'd to the truck.

As for the TPMS, your best option is to have a local tire guy clone a set of Autel universal TPMS to the truck when you mount your tires. Autel TPMS work, I have them on my winter tire set on my truck. There are other universal TPMS brands but Autel is the most common.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

So has anyone found a pic of these RAM 2363 rims on a rivian? I am curious how they look, as they'll be 30mm wider than stock (48mm vs 18mm offset), so I am wondering if that will poke out, and what the impact is on, for instance, kneel mode.

Also, if these are (in my case) to be dedicated snow wheels, will the larger offset have any clearance implications.

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

note this is using tire (275/60 r20 (so 1 inch smaller than stock 20s; same size as 21s)

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

also good write up here showing the spaces, tpms, pics, etc.: https://s00n.rivianstories.com/feed:

Updated: 11/11/22
I did this swap as a way of having an inexpensive off-road setup that I can easily swap without any need to alter my speedo calibrations and have fun wheeling without worrying about an expensive set of wheels.
Disclaimer: The owner/operator assumes all the risks as these are not OEM Rivian wheels and while they are from a 1500 Dodge RAM truck I cannot validate that all similar RAM wheels will fit or that the wheels you choose are load rated within reason for our vehicles. Proceed at your own risk, do not purchase beat up wheels or wheels that have been repaired!
If anyone is looking for a simple alternative for their R1T/R1S that did not purchase a full size spare, this is an alternative as well.
What you need:
Dodge Wheels OEM Part #2363 which are 20x8 5 x 5.5" with 18mm + offset (not all 5lug RAM wheels fit, some have thicker spokes and will give you very limited brake caliper clearance)
Hub Centric rings, 4pcs from Wheel Connect through Amazon with great communication and fast service. SKU# HR7780-6410A These will allow the smaller Rivian (64.1mm) hub core to remain concentric with the larger RAM (77.8mm) wheel center bore.
TPMS Sensors, are a simple one and I have validated these to works without any issues. Connection to the trucks takes a few minutes of driving around, nothing more! Go to www.TPMS247.com
Center Caps are a simple Amazon purchase: Vendor is ProCaps 63mm outer, 56mm inner
Center cap logos, you are on your own, find a friend with a Cricket vinyl cutter.
Tires are really the biggest decision here. I chose to run similar Pirelli Scorpion AT's in a 275/60R20 size. These are nearly identical to the OEM's (275/65R20) but 1 size down as they are a perfect overall diameter match to my stock 21" road wheels as well as those running the 22" sports! You can use a local tire vendor since you will need mounting & balancing or you can do as I have and purchase through the Tire Rack and take them to a shop of your choice.
Overall I am very pleased with the setup, ride comfort and performance. I will continue to report back as I log miles, one and off road!

Updated Fri, November 11

Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Makes it easier, plus those that have 21"s don't have an option for winters!

I'm trying to find a set of 20 right now. Can't find anything that works besides buying the oem 20s
Nokian LT3 for 20s.
https://www.nokiantires.com/tires/product-custom-pages/nokian-tyres-hakkapeliitta-lt3/
Other Rivian fitment is close (smaller aspect ratio, somewhat lower load rating, so I wouldn't be using for long range towing … not that snow tires are often used for long range towing.)
https://www.nokiantires.com/rivian/

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

So has anyone found a pic of these RAM 2363 rims on a rivian? I am curious how they look, as they'll be 30mm wider than stock (48mm vs 18mm offset), so I am wondering if that will poke out, and what the impact is on, for instance, kneel mode.

Also, if these are (in my case) to be dedicated snow wheels, will the larger offset have any clearance implications.
Also, the stock rim is 8.5 and the Ram rim 2363 is 8, so it is another 1/4 less poke; about 23.6 mm more poke than stock (not 30mm if my math is correct). I think The ram ones fit really well, but Im not as excited about the design. any 20x9 +18 with the smaller 275/60 seem to also be a good option. The 20x9 +0 rims seem to be too much poke from the pics I have seen.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Anything listed for the R1T on TireRack should be laser scanned and vetted/guaranteed to fit. Contact them to make sure but if it's listed it SHOULD fit and be spec'd to the truck.
Fit is one thing. Spec'd to the vehicle is another. Tirerack shows many different offsets for wheels that "fit" the R1T. Only a few are close to OE specs. The choices I'm seeing generally reduce the wheel offset (more negative) which is going to increase the scrub radius. I suspect the R1T has a slightly positive scrub radius. Changing the offset from 48mm to 18mm (for example) is going to add 30mm to the scrub radius, all else equal, which is a huge change. I've made mods (other vehicles) on the order of 6-10mm that had marked affects on handling. Increasing the scrub radius can affect load on the suspension components, steering feel, straight-line performance under acceleration and how the vehicle reacts to unequal surfaces like patches water, rocks while offroading, etc.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Fit is one thing. Spec'd to the vehicle is another. Tirerack shows many different offsets for wheels that "fit" the R1T. Only a few are close to OE specs. The choices I'm seeing generally reduce the wheel offset (more negative) which is going to increase the scrub radius. I suspect the R1T has a slightly positive scrub radius. Changing the offset from 48mm to 18mm (for example) is going to add 30mm to the scrub radius, all else equal, which is a huge change. I've made mods (other vehicles) on the order of 6-10mm that had marked affects on handling. Increasing the scrub radius can affect load on the suspension components, steering feel, straight-line performance under acceleration and how the vehicle reacts to unequal surfaces like patches water, rocks while offroading, etc.
This is true. But I think you are exaggerating (and overthinking) the affect it will have the truck when the purpose is an aftermarket wheel/tire setup for winter driving. Setting up & dialing in a race car is one thing (which I've done maaany) and finding an adequate set of wheels for a winter tire set on a truck is quite another. I doubt the difference in offset will have any noticeable affect while street driving an R1T with winter tires.
Sponsored