Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
This morning BARSTOW looking ready for the online button to be pressed. NOT NEXT TO DEL TACO. In front of Fatburger, Jersey Mike's, Starbucks and IHOP. There's a truck stop directly behind it. Carls Jr and Habit burger directly across the street.

20220826_071948.jpg

20220826_071940.jpg

20220826_071826.jpg

20220826_071754.jpg
So, two locations in Barstow? Nice.
Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
So, two locations in Barstow? Nice.
No, just correcting the location slightly. I had put it in the wrong parking lot.

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Stoked to see the network starting to expand!

I drove through Fortuna and Ukiahearlier this month, pre commissioning.

Currently in British Colombia but will be headed through eastern Oregon next week.

Anyone heard news on the location in Crescent, OR?

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 001DBBCC-6D8A-4E7D-8C9B-4438638F56D9

Sponsored

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Stoked to see the network starting to expand!

I drove through Fortuna and Ukiahearlier this month, pre commissioning.

Currently in British Colombia but will be headed through eastern Oregon next week.

Anyone heard news on the location in Crescent, OR?

001DBBCC-6D8A-4E7D-8C9B-4438638F56D9.png
I visited this site on Monday and found that it hasn't progressed since May.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1662567441729

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 1662567468458

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory

Pops97

First Name
Pops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm an R1S reservation holder (2023 delivery) and currently on my third Tesla. I assumed -- apparently in error based on this thread -- that RAN would be able to copy or exceed Tesla's network rollout from 9 years ago. I was happy with that as an early Model S adopter - really no issues over maybe 50 long haul trips between Oregon and Los Angeles over the years. The current RAN rollout looks like a disaster compared to Tesla's rollout a decade ago. I'm not sure I want to buy a car that has to rely on public charging networks -- a big part of being willing to sit in the queue was the thought that the RAN network would be like Tesla's and I wouldn't have to worry about finding a working (and high speed) public charger. As nice as it is to think that I can charge at Yosemite for the one time a decade I go there, I'd rather know that I have a private charging network on the interstate for trips I'm taking all the time.

Sponsored

AsianPersuasian

First Name
SuperDave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm an R1S reservation holder (2023 delivery) and currently on my third Tesla. I assumed -- apparently in error based on this thread -- that RAN would be able to copy or exceed Tesla's network rollout from 9 years ago. I was happy with that as an early Model S adopter - really no issues over maybe 50 long haul trips between Oregon and Los Angeles over the years. The current RAN rollout looks like a disaster compared to Tesla's rollout a decade ago. I'm not sure I want to buy a car that has to rely on public charging networks -- a big part of being willing to sit in the queue was the thought that the RAN network would be like Tesla's and I wouldn't have to worry about finding a working (and high speed) public charger. As nice as it is to think that I can charge at Yosemite for the one time a decade I go there, I'd rather know that I have a private charging network on the interstate for trips I'm taking all the time.

Rivian never said they would match the number of chargers Tesla has. However, Tesla will be opening their charging stations to nonTeslas later this year or next year.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Tesla is certainly better at making a charging network than creative design for new vehicles. Maybe they should just switch to building chargers only.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

A decade ago? Tesla had 7 supercharging stations at the end of 2012.

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm an R1S reservation holder (2023 delivery) and currently on my third Tesla. I assumed -- apparently in error based on this thread -- that RAN would be able to copy or exceed Tesla's network rollout from 9 years ago.
There's a lot of revisionist nostalgia built into this statement. Tesla's supercharger network opened with a grand total of 7 stations and added 2 (!!) over the next 6-9 months. Here's a chart, from Wikipedia, of the global count of supercharger stations:

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 2.31.21 PM

After a full year, Tesla still had just 30 stations. Rivian had 3 open at the end of Q2 2022. They've already opened 3 more. We know of 9 others in some state of construction. We know of 48 others in some state of permitting or contracting. To keep pace with Tesla's network expansion, those 63 known RAN locations would need to open by June 30, 2023, without any other unknown stations opening as well.
Sponsored