Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Permits filed for Dateland off the I-8 in AZ. AZ getting some love with Sedona and Dateland. Tesla just applied as well for same location, where EA is already running. This will be quite a remote stop with EA, RAN and Tesla in a town with a population of 25 people....
This info is literally posted like 8 posts above this one.
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the Barstow location is right off Lenwood, at roughly these coordinates: https://goo.gl/maps/kYz3kH8mt3c6ogiK7. Right north of the In-N-Out and near a bunch of other places to eat. About 180 miles from my house on the way to SoCal, so perfect for a fast charge up (assuming you Californias aren't using all of them while en route to LV.) Excellent development.
Great location....lots of food choices and outlets to peruse.

Sponsored

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Occupation
Attorney
Thats a shame. There is already an EA station there. I was under the assumption they were installing one in Gila Bend. This makes my trips to Mexico very tenuous. I guess this permit from a few months ago was not accurate.

You going to take the rivian to Rocky Point? We have a place down there but I don’t know that I want the attention the rivian might bring.

ihaveaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
You going to take the rivian to Rocky Point? We have a place down there but I don’t know that I want the attention the rivian might bring.
I've never had any issues down there. I've heard that new vehicles are relatively safe from theft there. Older 4x4s is another matter though.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Right by an IHOP, which my kids will eat at any minute of any day but that I try to avoid at all costs. Could be some power struggles to come...
1st world problems

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Looks like they are also actively updating this support article. Ukiah is listed here as of today.

https://rivian.com/support/article/where-are-rivian-adventure-network-chargers-located
I hope that list gets silly long within the next 6 months! But really I'd just like to start seeing some eastern stations popping online by the end of the calendar year. We know some are under construction, but unfortunately there just aren't many known permit pulls and other early signs of a station outside a handful of states, mostly out west.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This morning BARSTOW looking ready for the online button to be pressed. NOT NEXT TO DEL TACO. In front of Fatburger, Jersey Mike's, Starbucks and IHOP. There's a truck stop directly behind it. Carls Jr and Habit burger directly across the street.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 20220826_071948

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 20220826_071940

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 20220826_071826

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps 20220826_071754

coshesey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Director Home Services
Are there any pull thru chargers in the Lynwood location?

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
I live in Missouri and our state highway department just announced today their plan to invest 100 million dollars in EV chargers in Missouri in the next few years. At first I was shocked, as our state leadership is not exactly environmentally oriented, but then the article explained it was all federal money from the big transportation bill passed by Congress earlier several months ago. Still, that 100 million will build a LOT of chargers in Missouri, so I assume other states will have a similar build out from federal funds.

The part of the article that made me laugh was that the state highway department estimated that EV adoption in Missouri would go from the current 1% of vehicles to about 5% by 2035. I don't think they've been paying much attention to the rapid developments in the EV world. I think we'll hit 5% in the next few years, and probably 50% or more of new vehicles by 2035, though obviously there will still be a lot of older gas vehicles on the road even then.
California wants electric only cars to be sold by the mid 2030's.
With the very sad state of public charging along with many other issues, I'm 100% certain this goal will not even be remotely possibly.