Sponsored

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
There is NOT much of a market for small trucks right now, i.e. Maverick competitors.
???

The Maverick is on infinite backlog, Ford was so overwhelmed with demand beyond their projections. The hybrid version has been wildly popular.

S and T will both be money printers at the R2 level, but T is where the wildcard upside is.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

???

The Maverick is on infinite backlog, Ford was so overwhelmed with demand beyond their projections. The hybrid version has been wildly popular.

S and T will both be money printers at the R2 level, but T is where the wildcard upside is.
agreed. the small pickup market is only going to pick up... hahaha

Kavv

First Name
RivianMom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

???

[/QUOTE

This is correct. They closed orders because they were overwhelmed. We just got notice our Maverick hybrid is going into production. There is definitely a demand for smaller trucks.

Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
It's tiny. Sized like a Honda HRV or Ford Escape. Interesting...

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
If they are smart, they will get the more affordable nice R2S out ASAP. That's the biggest market out there right now.

There is NOT much of a market for small trucks right now, i.e. Maverick competitors. Heck, a larger truck would do better even.
The R2 will be made in the Georgia factory that doesn’t event exist yet. It just starting construction. R2 won’t be available until 2026. All previously announced.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Well, this has been an interesting day.

Out for a hike in beautiful weather.

As I'm leaving the trail area, I suddenly realize there's a vehicle coming towards me with racetrack headlights. I could hardly believe it. For the first time, I was looking at a real R1t - none of this pics on the internet stuff. I practically went into the ditch gawking at it.

Then, I come home and look through this thread. I think I have a tough decision coming up. That R1t looked very sharp, sparkling in the sun as it whooshed by. Do I stay the course and buy the R1t? Or, do I hang on to see what the R2 series can do?

I see a fish or cut bait moment in my future!

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Then, I come home and look through this thread. I think I have a tough decision coming up. That R1t looked very sharp, sparkling in the sun as it whooshed by. Do I stay the course and buy the R1t? Or, do I hang on to see what the R2 series can do?
Keep in mind that that R2 line won't be manufactured until 2026 when the Georgia plant is open. Canada will also likely have a decent delay in getting it compared to the US. Maybe not as long because they're planning to ramp volume pretty fast, but they'll want to follow a similar geographic pattern as they did with R1 because they'll want to manage service calls, etc. very closely at rollout and initial ramp.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

The Kia ev9 is going to give it some trouble. Might give the r1s some fits with it 900v architecture and 3 row seating though it's not off-road capable.