cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Thought this might be good to have for reference. My truck won't shut down and all PaaK functionality has stopped. The screens, HVAC, vented seats, radio all stay on after exciting and locking.

I tried disabling all Bluetooth functionality, resetting, checking buckles, checking for any weight was on seats, and 110 outlets. Nothing works.

Currently awaiting rivian service and have to keep it on shore power, so to speak.

I suspect bad drivers seat occupant sensor thinking I'm still inside the vehicle.

Will try to update with resolution
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Does the vehicle let you reverse with the seat belt unbuckled and no weight on the seat? As in, lift your weight off the seat while slowly backing up and without the seat belt buckled. If it doesn't go into park automatically, then it probably thinks you're still in the seat, suggesting it is, in fact, the driver's side occupant sensor.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Someone else on here had a similar issue and it was related to accelerator not fully returning to neutral position.

Does your vehicle have issues going into “hold” when you come to a stop?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Is show and tell mode active by chance?

Someone mentioned it the other day and it leaves all the lighting and screens on when engaged.

Edit* Here is the setting
Rivian R1T R1S R1T doesn't shut down 1659561916924

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Someone else on here had a similar issue and it was related to accelerator not fully returning to neutral position.

I saw that, but no.

I've tried fiddling with the pedals to no avail. I THOUGHT I fixed it by pulling/banging on the brake pedal but I was mistaken. The lights turned off but not the screens. Strangely, it has chirped twice in succession upon locking a few times.

Everything is just going wonky with locking/sleep

Sponsored

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Does the vehicle let you reverse with the seat belt unbuckled and no weight on the seat? As in, lift your weight off the seat while slowly backing up and without the seat belt buckled. If it doesn't go into park automatically, then it probably thinks you're still in the seat, suggesting it is, in fact, the driver's side occupant sensor.
Good test.

Correct - it WILL allow me to go into reverse with my foot on brake standing outside the vehicle.

It WILL NOT allow me to go into reverse without my foot on the brake, ruling out a pedal sensor issue.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
On a weekend trip, I couldn't help but notice my cabin and accent lights were not shutting off after we parked and locked the truck at our cabin. I tried numerous things, but something is keeping the truck awake/occupied it seems. I ended up just turning off climate control and locking it, as I had it on a 120v plug for the night.

It has been on the charger now for around 12hrs and added 1.2mi (@2kW rate) yet it shows 13kWh added. Something is sucking down all my incoming power and not letting the truck sleep, haven't figured it out yet.

Yes I know 120v is rough, but I figured it was worth the 10-20 miles overnight as it has done for me in the past. Not last night...

UPDATE: Rookie move, found a door adjacent in the daylight...sigh. It was against the cabin, wasn't visible in the night light apparently. Step one for me will be check all the doors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

UPDATE

it just started working as expected a few days ago...

My suspicion:
I got stuck in a monsoon rain event and scrambled back to the truck like a drowned rat. My seat cushion got drenched from when I sat in the vehicle and I think I shorted something in the occupancy sensor, making it think I was still sitting in the seat

And I think it maybe just took a whole week for the inner workings of the seat cushion to dry out.

I had fans on it, ventilated seats going, windows open in a 8,364 degree garage, etc

If I recall the Sandy Munro video correctly, Hyundai manufactures the seats and, coincidentally, my brother had a tangentially related issue after they had they palisade detailed (which included a seat shampoo). His ventilated seats started malfunctioning afterward, but magically fixed themselves, as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

If you can’t jump in your truck after getting stuck in a monsoon can it really be called an adventure vehicle?
My thoughts exactly - or kayaking, etc

But it's kind of an obscure detail to consider. I've never gotten into a vehicle as wet as I did before that day.

UpstateNYR1T

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Financial advisor
I had a similar issue while camping/hiking. My wife and I were drenched and later that night the vehicle wouldn’t turn off.

rivian suggested it was an issue with the Bluetooth phone key and the way it communicates with the truck.I was told that occasionally this issue happens when the truck/phone have a different level of cell service. The location I was at had no cell service.

the vehicle is being serviced as we speak for this issue and the fact that fast charging will not work anywhere.

fun stuff!

corey

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Real estate

Could you link to that thread if you can find it? Sounds like the exact issue I have with my truck and I’d love to hear if there was a resolution.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
Do you have any seatbelts clicked in. like for a baby seat or just for looks. If you have a seatbelt connected the car will not go to sleep.