Sponsored

Voronbrg

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything
Call me crazy, but I like the factory 20" wheels I'm not a fan of typical off road aftermarket wheels. I'd gladly take your unused 20" wheels off your hands. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Call me crazy, but I like the factory 20" wheels I'm not a fan of typical off road aftermarket wheels. I'd gladly take your unused 20" wheels off your hands. :)
I've been offered $3000 for all four without tires, but you are absolutely right, people do love them! One would imagine, since you can't buy them anymore that would add to their desirability.....

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Definitely keeping an eye on this. I *really* like the look of the factory 20" "Bright" wheels for on-road use, but their convexness makes me wary of using them offroad; so I'll be looking for "can take a beating" offroad wheels.

My thought is to get "cheap" 20" wheels to mount the shipped 20" AT tires on to for winter and offroad use, and get more efficient "road" tires to put on the factory wheels. Don't know how cheap those Taylors are, but they would look great, and the decorative bolts near the edge might provide some "curbing" resistance (realistically "rock scrape" resistance.)

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
My R1T is pending delivery with 21” wheels, I love the look of your Variant customs, how has the rubbing been and overall review after using them for a few weeks.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Yep. My buddy told me Dicastal is the largest wheel manufacturer in the world. Think they are one of only wheel manufacturing companies left with a facility in good old motor city.

Good product can come out of any country as long as the manufacturer is solid.

Sidebar:
Anyone here an early Tesla adopter and had 21" factory wheels back in 2013/2014 on their Model S? Crack, bend, crack, bend. Wheels were made by Prime Wheel (a second tier wheel manufacturer). As soon as Tesla got bigger, they graduated to Superior Wheel (Mexico/Germany/Poland) and a lot of that cracking went away.
Didn't Dicastle just get 'raided' by FBI or something like that?

Sponsored

gemmisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Model Y, 4 Runner TRD Pro, 991.2 GT3
Yessssss! Nuts! Dicastal is a Chinese government owned "state owned" conglomerate. I think they're the last oe wheel manufacturer that actually has a physical plant for oe supply in the US.

Superior Industries, one of their competitors is US based company, but produces in Mexico & Poland for companies like Tesla.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

My R1T is pending delivery with 21” wheels, I love the look of your Variant customs, how has the rubbing been and overall review after using them for a few weeks.
Wheels have been fantastic. Less rotational mass, far less rubbing incidents has me convinced Rivian missed the dimensions on OEM wheels. I also highly prefer a more off-road rugged look, but then again I'm from San Diego, which is the incubator for all things Baja...........love the wheels.

SD R1T

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 68 F100, 67 GTX, 97 Cobra, 94 911 C2, 981 GT4
Really digging what AG released for the R1T -
Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction 1658510528663

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Those are nice, especially for people who prefer the street truck style....

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Wheels have been fantastic. Less rotational mass, far less rubbing incidents has me convinced Rivian missed the dimensions on OEM wheels. I also highly prefer a more off-road rugged look, but then again I'm from San Diego, which is the incubator for all things Baja...........love the wheels.
Love your setup and I ordered some. Talked to Mike last week, thanks for posting up this information. Looking forward to getting them on my truck when I get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Love your setup and I ordered some. Talked to Mike last week, thanks for posting up this information. Looking forward to getting them on my truck when I get it.
Excellent!! Love the wheels....which color did you go with and what is the current lead time?

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Excellent!! Love the wheels....which color did you go with and what is the current lead time?
Satin black and 6 weeks lead time. I am expecting my truck in 4-6 weeks so hopefully they line up and I can do everything at once.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

OEM 20s are 20x8.5, +48mm, 5 x 5.5. 20s are forged and 21,22s are all cast from Rivian.
Are all three options of the OEM 20 inch wheels forged?
Sponsored

Last edited: