First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I can't wait for someone to get a legit, production level R1S!
Same...he also said this is in the first batch of S's going out...so hopefully we see them within the next month.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Background:
Day 1 Preorder: if you believe the old order number system I am in the first 240
Preorder was a LE White/Ocean Coast R1T that I changed in December (post First Mile event) to a LE LG/OC R1S
Guide assigned in July 2021 (when my preorder was still for a R1T)...March-April window was given to me pre-change and showed as remaining post move to R1S

Have been in nearly weekly touch with my Guide (he really is awesome) with small updates here and there in regards to what he was hearing (and also personally seeing). During our chat today he let me know that I was added to his production contact list and needed to lock my current configuration if I didnt have any changes. Updated delivery window is April-May.

Asked if OC would cause a delay to that and currently it does not look like it will, but if BM will get it to me sooner he will let me know as soon as he hears that is the case.

Figured some here would be interested.
Thanks for the insight. Not surprising given the lack of sightings of any volume production at the factory. This isn't out of line with the timing they initially stated for R1S back in Nov so no meaningful delay apparent in this communication. Here's hoping that sticks! ?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Excellent news! Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Indeed, thanks for the info. I also ordered white with Ocean Coast R1S ... but I only ordered in 02/21. So, I'm guessing I might be a Fall 2023 delivery ... if that.

Certainly, you will be one of the first R1S delivered which is exciting for you and for us.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Thanks. Looks like we have very similar config's.
Hah you're right, just noticed that! You should drop your config in your signature :). What wheels are you getting? I'm also potentially contemplating a swtich from LG to FG but I have some time to make that decision, I think.

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Hah you're right, just noticed that! You should drop your config in your signature :). What wheels are you getting? I'm also potentially contemplating a swtich from LG to FG but I have some time to make that decision, I think.
I will do that now...

Have you had a chance to see them in person? White was my initial config for the T, but after seeing it in person I didnt like it as much (personal preference...thought the lack of metallic fleck made it look unfinished). Was then between LG, El Capitan, and FG....ultimately, the more I looked at them, the more LG became a clear winner for me.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I will do that now...

Have you had a chance to see them in person? White was my initial config for the T, but after seeing it in person I didnt like it as much (personal preference...thought the lack of metallic fleck made it look unfinished). Was then between LG, El Capitan, and FG....ultimately, the more I looked at them, the more LG became a clear winner for me.
I have only seen LG extensively in person. It's a good color, but it does feel a tad muted for the grey skies we have here in the Pacific Northwest most of the year. I couldn't even tell that it had metal flaking, but apparently it does. I have no doubt it will look great in the sun.

I have seen El Cap in passing/from a distance, and it looks great to me. If that color profile is what you're after, it checks all the boxes.

I have not seen FG - this was my original favorite color back when I pre-ordered, but stuck with LG because it was included. I want to see it in person because I like the richness/saturation of the color more than LG, but again grey skies can hide that green and make it seem black. Again, it will look amazing with the metal flakes in sunlight, but we don't get much of that up here ?

Sponsored

MaxMike77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford expedition, jeep, tesla model three
Occupation
nerd
Background:

Day 1 Preorder: if you believe the old order number system I am in the first 240

Preorder was a LE White/Ocean Coast R1T that I changed in December (post First Mile event) to a LE LG/OC R1S

Guide assigned in July 2021 (when my preorder was still for a R1T)...March-April window was given to me pre-change and showed as remaining post move to R1S

Have been in nearly weekly touch with my Guide (he really is awesome) with small updates here and there in regards to what he was hearing (and also personally seeing). During our chat today he let me know that I was added to his production contact list and needed to lock my current configuration if I didnt have any changes. Updated delivery window is April-May.

Asked if OC would cause a delay to that and currently it does not look like it will, but if BM will get it to me sooner he will let me know as soon as he hears that is the case.

Figured some here would be interested.
Finally! Been waiting for the R1s to get out forever, it seems like!

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Great news! I wonder how much different they will feel/be from the R1Ts?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Indeed, thanks for the info. I also ordered white with Ocean Coast R1S ... but I only ordered in 02/21. So, I'm guessing I might be a Fall 2023 delivery ... if that.

Certainly, you will be one of the first R1S delivered which is exciting for you and for us.
You should be first half of 2023 at the latest. I am an October 21 order and am first half of 2023. I estimate June, now this may move back a couple of months but you order 8 months ahead of me.

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I'm starting to doubt an April-May delivery for an R1S given that I still haven't been assigned a guide yet. Anyone else have an early 2019 preorder and no guide contact?

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I'm starting to doubt an April-May delivery for an R1S given that I still haven't been assigned a guide yet. Anyone else have an early 2019 preorder and no guide contact?
I have a day one, hour 2ish (11/26/2018) pre-order and no guide contact with a March/April window.
Sponsored