First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I just realized in reading your sig, that my timelines for guide/PBA were close to yours (as is location), but interestingly enough, your window is Aug/Sep while mine is Oct-Dec now. Looks like Launch Green is going to be earlier in the paint booth than Rivian Blue!
Will keep you posted. If you get yours before me....which anything is possible w/ Rivian....I would prob make a trip to Keystone to see it ;-)...
Sponsored

caliwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Jeep Wrangler, Volvo XC90
Two tips:

1) Don’t wait on Rivian, you are looking at a year+ right now. That’s a long time to not to have the seats you need.
2) DO NOT buy a vehicle larger than the R1S if you are dead set on getting the R1S. We bought a suburban in January to hold us over and while it has been awesome for our family of 6, my wife is already lamenting the eventual loss of captains chairs and space behind the third row. I mitigate any risk of ICE regression from the wife by making her gas up the suburban every time.
I think I made mistake #2. A few weeks ago we bought a CPO 2019 VW Atlas to replace our XC90. The second and third rows are SO spacious (it has captains chairs) and the whole interior is very well thought out for big American families (we have 4 kids). Based on the initial reviews I've seen, the RS1's third row will be OK for most people, but a downgrade from the Atlas. Of course the R1S is better than the Atlas in ton of other ways, but I wouldn't have been spoiled on the third row sizing had I not bought the Atlas.

Tenmile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram PW, Jeep FSJ w/LS, BMW M5
Will keep you posted. If you get yours before me....which anything is possible w/ Rivian....I would prob make a trip to Keystone to see it ;-)...
Ha! And if you get yours before me, I'll be headed to Louisville to see it ;)

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Decided not to wait any longer. Swapped the Tahoe for an Audi e-tron Quattro. After 3 1/2 years and counting, I don't need a third-row anymore. Checked out a few EVs (including Taycan Cross Turismo) and several hybrids before purchase.

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I think I made mistake #2. A few weeks ago we bought a CPO 2019 VW Atlas to replace our XC90. The second and third rows are SO spacious (it has captains chairs) and the whole interior is very well thought out for big American families (we have 4 kids). Based on the initial reviews I've seen, the RS1's third row will be OK for most people, but a downgrade from the Atlas. Of course the R1S is better than the Atlas in ton of other ways, but I wouldn't have been spoiled on the third row sizing had I not bought the Atlas.

I just went from a 2018 Atlas to a 2022 XC90 hybrid while waiting for my R1S (my wife totaled the Atlas). The Atlas was so roomy for my family of 6 (we have 4 kids as well). The XC90, though smaller, is tolerable for size but otherwise really luxurious and techy inside. My wife is already trying to convince me to flip the R1S whenever it comes. I keep telling her there is no chance in hell.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Decided not to wait any longer. Swapped the Tahoe for an Audi e-tron Quattro. After 3 1/2 years and counting, I don't need a third-row anymore. Checked out a few EVs (including Taycan Cross Turismo) and several hybrids before purchase.
great choice. enjoy and be free of frustrations!

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’ve been on here long enough to realize that Rivians estimates are pretty much worthless. Guess we will just get what we need now and hope it doesn’t depreciate too much by the time we need to trade it in. I do hate buying a new vehicle within a year of a purchase though. Timing just kind of stinks.
I'm in the same boat. I initially had a 1st half 2023 delivery estimate, but I fully expect it to get pushed back to the end of 2023 or later.

They haven't even started R1S redeliveries to non employees, and I think they've only delivered a handful to employees.

Until they actually start delivering to regular customers, I don't think any of their delivery estimates given previously could possibly be accurate.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I initially had a 1st half 2023 delivery estimate, but I fully expect it to get pushed back to the end of 2023 or later.

They haven't even started R1S redeliveries to non employees, and I think they've only delivered a handful to employees.

Until they actually start delivering to regular customers, I don't think any of their delivery estimates given previously could possibly be accurate.
this sounds about right. none of the new aug-sep delivery windows for R1S have received any update, afaik. employee deliveries are just trickling out. i'd bet money on aug-sep slipping to oct-nov and anyone who was 1H 2023 will easily be 2H 2023, if not 2H 2024.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GooniesNeverSayDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xterra, CX-5
We were thinking of a highlander. A bit smaller and not as much towing capacity but probably just enough for our needs. Purchasing an ICE doesn't feel right as we bake in extreme heat :sun::devil:

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just went from a 2018 Atlas to a 2022 XC90 hybrid while waiting for my R1S (my wife totaled the Atlas). The Atlas was so roomy for my family of 6 (we have 4 kids as well). The XC90, though smaller, is tolerable for size but otherwise really luxurious and techy inside. My wife is already trying to convince me to flip the R1S whenever it comes. I keep telling her there is no chance in hell.
What is the fuel efficiency on the Atlas?

Sponsored

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Pretty awful. I usually saw about 17-18mpg. I filled the gas tank about once every week/week and a half in the Atlas.

I got the Volvo about a month ago and still have a half tank of the gas it came with. The 37 mile battery has provided for most of my and my wife's driving.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

this sounds about right. none of the new aug-sep delivery windows for R1S have received any update, afaik. employee deliveries are just trickling out. i'd bet money on aug-sep slipping to oct-nov and anyone who was 1H 2023 will easily be 2H 2023, if not 2H 2024.
It depends on whether the August-September group is the equivalent of the R1T January-February group or March-April. I think best case would be we hear something the first or second week of August. The worst case would be hearing nothing until the end of September with deliveries in early October.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

We have a 2021 xc90 phev. Great except have had so many problems with the charging cable. Apparently the charging cable is shitty and keeps shorting out when it is hot outside. Good thing I live in Georgia. We are on our third OEM cable. Every time the cable blows it causes a check engine light to come on that we have to go to the dealer to get turned off.

nosystemworks

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, BMW X5
Occupation
Communications
FWIW, I was a June/July and do not have an updated delivery window. After saying "you'll have it by the end of next week" since the second week of June, yesterday they told me we'll get an updated delivery window no later than September.

Very frustrating to not get any updates and now have an email delivery window instead of a vehicle delivery window.

Tesla2Rivian

First Name
CurrentModelX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 ModelX 100D, 2018 Nissan Leaf SL
Hello Rivian fans!
New to this forum and just placed a pre-order for an R1S a week ago in hopes that I would get it by next August in time for my wife's birthday. Even if it's belated, I think she would love it. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored