R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Not sure either, but here are a few thoughts.

When they say batching, what do they base it on? I initially thought similar configurations, and maybe that is true ,but what do they consider in the config? Exterior color only, or tires, or internal, or ADV vs LE? Maybe things are batched by delivery region, or order date (doubtful on order date).

Another thing is our new range should be interpreted as September 2023, which could be the last week in September, and maybe your's is delivered in early October.

God knows their batch and production plans....and delivery plans
It wouldn’t be completely surprising if they’re grouping batches as well to drive efficiency into their supply chain. LAS seems to be lower priority than LG, Limestone, ECG. But perhaps they’re running 2-3 consecutive batches and you’re just in a later one… Congrats on moving up! That said, we all still have plenty of time to be disappointed before Q3/Q4…

EDIT: I have a friend who ordered on the exact same day. He lives 5 miles from me equidistant to the SC. Limestone/BM/22” darks, UBS, PPF. He got moved up to Mar-Apr. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

....LAS seems to be lower priority than LG, Limestone, ECG...

EDIT: I have a friend who ordered on the exact same day. He lives 5 miles from me equidistant to the SC. Limestone/BM/22” darks, UBS, PPF. He got moved up to Mar-Apr. 🤦🏻‍♂️
If you mean that priority = cost effective, then absolutely.

The colors you've listed are far more popular than silver. Since they only have one paint shop, it makes a lot of sense to do as much of the same color at a time.

Frankly, I don't know why Rivian offered 9 different colors as they are starting to mfg for the first time. If they had 4~5 colors, the ramp up would have been easier and faster.

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
That said, we all still have plenty of time to be disappointed before Q3/Q4…
LOL, I actually thought of that shortly after the update - this has the potential to change at least twice before I hit hte delivery window. Each time is a time it could roll-back :(

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
It wouldn’t be completely surprising if they’re grouping batches as well to drive efficiency into their supply chain. LAS seems to be lower priority than LG, Limestone, ECG. But perhaps they’re running 2-3 consecutive batches and you’re just in a later one… Congrats on moving up! That said, we all still have plenty of time to be disappointed before Q3/Q4…

LOL, I actually thought of that shortly after the update - this has the potential to change at least twice before I hit hte delivery window. Each time is a time it could roll-back :(
That's exactly why I am not too excited about the new delivery estimate. There are still plenty of opportunities for it to slip. In my own mind, I am still anticipating some time in 2024. As long as that doesn't become 2025, I won't get too upset.

GR

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
My 8 steps for la silver leg opened this morning and there’s a vin associated with it.
Anyone receive their LA Silver R1S? Mine is still in transit to Brooklyn SC having been in transit since Jan 27th

Sponsored

jamiehobbes

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & Impreza
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone receive their LA Silver R1S? Mine is still in transit to Brooklyn SC having been in transit since Jan 27th
I suspect you’ll get yours before I get mine. Still at the factory on the 30th

OP
OP
KingTodd

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Take and post lots of images for the rest of us when you get it

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Take and post lots of images for the rest of us when you get it
I will!! I noticed a friend of mine that just got his granite R1S waiting to pick up his daughter from carpool and I slowly drove by analyzing it and hoping he didn’t notice me stalking when I got home I checked my WhatsApp and he messaged me “Yours is coming soon” so embarrassing!!

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Guide responded to my status request informing me that my vehicle is at SC and being staged for predelivery QC inspection. Not sure if I'm more excited to see a LA Silver R1S in the wild or buying it!! But I will miss my pass time for the last 4 years

Sponsored

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
No delivery schedule email yet! Is Brooklyn backed up or did mine get rejected?

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Would anyone change their color to White to move up 3 months or 6 months?

jamiehobbes

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & Impreza
Occupation
Engineer
Saw an la silver R1s with 22s at the San Jose sc. but it wasn’t mine. Apparently mine is on the train though.