First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
023AD5C5-9C6C-467E-8D86-A3944FC5A665.jpeg
Delivery Complete
Looks beautiful, and I really get upset that I didn't go with the LE option when I could have. Hope you post some more pics as the R1S is stunning and reinforces my decision for the LAS+21"+OC
Sponsored

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
Looks beautiful, and I really get upset that I didn't go with the LE option when I could have. Hope you post some more pics as the R1S is stunning and reinforces my decision for the LAS+21"+OC
Here are some more
Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates A51EF54F-C698-4038-A436-8E16D9410EED
Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates 27A0B7D5-53FE-475C-B8F7-751CF72519D4
Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates 7512B5F2-B545-4921-899C-3ADD474C768B
Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates F18BC6A1-FD6A-456C-B427-B9752F65C953

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Here are some more just noticed in this pic that they installed the front plate frame
27A0B7D5-53FE-475C-B8F7-751CF72519D4.jpeg
just noticed in this pic that they installed the front plate frame

Bradyb23

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
102K 2014 Highlander; former Tesla Model 3 lessor
Was 1Hā€™23 now ā€œJan-Dec ā€˜24ā€.
Your window kills me, and I share your pain. I am not configured for LAS, but when I changed from Limestone to Midnight, my Adventure Package R1S with 20" All-Terrain Dark wheels (Nov 21) went from Aug-Dec 23 to Jan-Dec 24. The only delivery estimate that's worse than "sometime in 2024" is "Processing estimate". : )

Sponsored

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Your window kills me, and I share your pain. I am not configured for LAS, but when I changed from Limestone to Midnight, my Adventure Package R1S with 20" All-Terrain Dark wheels (Nov 21) went from Aug-Dec 23 to Jan-Dec 24. The only delivery estimate that's worse than "sometime in 2024" is "Processing estimate". : )
Got pulled-in on the last update to July-Sept ā€˜23. Weā€™ll see if that holdsā€¦

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Well, after patiently waiting 1500+ days, glad to say our first day has been very positive so far. A few showers going on here so I couldn't let her rip just yet. I have tempered my expectation level after seeing all the very informative posts on this forum. I have even contemplated not moving forward but the 7 day trial just made it easier for me to give it a shot.

What's wrong:
-Tailgate color doesn't quite blend wirh side body panels. It's quite obvious in the sun and looks like a mismatched paint job.
-Slight alignment issue of one rear passenger door by about 1/8", will see how well it hold up
-Very squeaky inside door handle, but no big deal, not squeaking during drive yet
-strip of paint about 1ft x3inch wide on driver door is a little thin. Maybe the paint job was rushed.

Things I don't like (mentioned in other posts but just noting it here in case it makes a difference to future design considerations)
- no self parking assist.
- no 12v in frunk. Why? I was so hoping charge my power bank and electronics in the frunk.
- seems no option to select much lower regen mode, or turn off hold in all purpose drive mode
-lack if adjustable headrests or option to reduce it's thickness
-limited recline angle of second row seats
-its only 45 deg now but upper half of cabin was already very hot. Can't imagine what it'll be like in hot summers,
-lack of touch to lock/unlock door handles. The proximity thing doesn't work consistently. And the carbiner fob is too big.

Even so, I'm pleased to say that if no major issues show up over next few days, she's a keeper. Yes , there are a few cosmetic issues, but I m willing to let them slide due to the Rivian ramping up (I've seen much worse from Chrysler). The mechanics, drive, and electrical aspects are more important to me.

Oh, the motor whine is quite noticeable but I quickly went from being concerned to liking it...Almost sounds like a small jet engine and the kids like it šŸ¤£

Now I just need to manage the stress and anxiety of being a ding magnet in parking lots.
-Tony

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Well, after patiently waiting 1500+ days, glad to say our first day has been very positive so far. A few showers going on here so I couldn't let her rip just yet. I have tempered my expectation level after seeing all the very informative posts on this forum. I have even contemplated not moving forward but the 7 day trial just made it easier for me to give it a shot.

What's wrong:
-Tailgate color doesn't quite blend wirh side body panels. It's quite obvious in the sun and looks like a mismatched paint job.
-Slight alignment issue of one rear passenger door by about 1/8", will see how well it hold up
-Very squeaky inside door handle, but no big deal, not squeaking during drive yet
-strip of paint about 1ft x3inch wide on driver door is a little thin. Maybe the paint job was rushed.

Things I don't like (mentioned in other posts but just noting it here in case it makes a difference to future design considerations)
- no 12v in frunk. Why? I was so hoping charge my power bank and electronics in the frunk.
- seems no option to select much lower regen mode, or turn off hold in all purpose drive mode
-its only 45 deg now but upper half of cabin was already very hot. Can't imagine what it'll be like in hot summers,
-lack of touch to lock/unlock door handles. The proximity thing doesn't work consistently. And the carbiner fob is too big.

Even so, I'm pleased to say that if no major issues show up over next few days, she's a keeper. Yes , there are a few cosmetic issues, but I m willing to let them slide due to the Rivian ramping up (I've seen much worse from Chrysler). The mechanics, drive, and electrical aspects are more important to me.

Oh, the motor whine is quite noticeable but I quickly went from being concerned to liking it...Almost sounds like a small jet engine and the kids like it šŸ¤£

Now I just need to manage the stress and anxiety of being a ding magnet in parking lots.
-Tony
Letā€™s get some pics of that rig! Bummer on the issues. First Iā€™ve heard mismatches happening. I thought 12v in the frunk was back (thereā€™s a thread somewhere to that affect). Bummer yours didnā€™t come with it.

Enjoy nonetheless!

EDIT: for typos.

Last edited:

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Gorgeous! Did your vehicle come with the frunk power outlet? Iā€™m hearing itā€™s backā€¦
Yes it did

Sponsored

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

What's wrong:

-Tony

With pic this time, sorry was too busy spending as much time as we could driving all over the place :) Please let me know what you think about the tailgate.. It's can quite obvious depending on sky condition, and where I'm parked.

Today I also had not so good experience with phone failing to open door, had to reboot my phone. :( The key card saved me.
-Tony.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates R1S

Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates R1S-tailgate

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Holy cow. That paint job is insane! I donā€™t know much about paint but they better fix it for you.

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Holy cow. That paint job is insane! I donā€™t know much about paint but they better fix it for you.
Ugh, I should have mentioned it at pickup day, but there was so much going on that day, I thought it was just due the way it was parked against the building. Have already pinged my guide about it.

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Interestingā€¦ I wasnā€™t expecting this, but I just got access to the R1S Shop. I can also see LE models (adventure pkg configured). Anyone else?

Rivian R1T R1S R1S LA Silver new delivery estimates 6A9BD471-3114-4FC8-9183-38CAF6F6C047

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Interestingā€¦ I wasnā€™t expecting this, but I just got access to the R1S Shop. I can also see LE models (adventure pkg configured). Anyone else?

6A9BD471-3114-4FC8-9183-38CAF6F6C047.jpeg
Interesting. IIRC, you were last moved up to Q3 window. I hope you are able to find one you like from the shop.

GR
Sponsored