First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
only if I assumed it would charge at the DCFC lest it be stranded away from a friendly driveway. I offered to try but the Rivian rep said not to bother as If it too failed, it would still need to be towed to Chicago.
Well, at least you would have been closer to the service center for the tow, ha!

Keep us updated on what they find.
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Sorry to hear of the utterly unbearable suffering the count is being subjected to. I hope the royal chariot is back in service for the spring festivities. Love the title mate!

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

My money's on the Central Gateway Module.

Me, dropping off my R1S because of a charging failure: "The forums say that it might be an issue with the Central Gateway Module"
Rivian manager: "OK, sure, whatever"

Rivian manager two weeks later: "So, we replaced the Central Gateway Module..."

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
If only the Count had installed DCFC when they got everyone excited by mentioning the possibility of installing one.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
No updates from Chicago for The Count who, as everyone knows by now, was just in Chicago to pick up his INEOS Grenadier Fieldmaster.

Word on the street is if his R1S doesn't return soon it may no longer be welcome in God's Country as he has fallen for the Grenadier.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Where is the closest Ineos service center To Godā€™s country?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Where are the Grenadier pics and color commentary? One pic of the butt with a blurry comparison to a 911/R1S and a chicken seems suss.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Where is the closest Ineos service center To Godā€™s country?
57 miles of Chicago traffic closer than Rivian. Rivian's WI center, when it ever opens, is still over 100 miles from God's Country.

The Grenny, you see, has a lot of familiar parts, like 20 year old BMW and ZF drivetrain technology. The main concern is probably software. But then with only 7,000 being sold in the US this year, The Count is hopeful if dealer service is needed, the wait won't be 12 weeks.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Where are the Grenadier pics and color commentary? One pic of the butt with a blurry comparison to a 911/R1S and a chicken seems suss.
the Count is waiting to do a boudoir photshot of the Rivian side by side with the Grenadier. But here is a little leg...

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Down for The Count 7JvrLB

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
57 miles of Chicago traffic closer than Rivian. Rivian's WI center, when it ever opens, is still over 100 miles from God's Country.

The Grenny, you see, has a lot of familiar parts, like 20 year old BMW and ZF drivetrain technology. The main concern is probably software. But then with only 7,000 being sold in the US this year, The Count is hopeful if dealer service is needed, the wait won't be 12 weeks.
I hope that is true and Iā€™m glad there is service not too far away!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I hope that is true and Iā€™m glad there is service not too far away!
distance to service isn't the main issue ITCHO. Time it takes to be seen by service is an issue. Getting the Grenny while the R1S is out of commission makes the absence of the Rivian less painful yet it is still heartbreaking.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
distance to service isn't the main issue ITCHO. Time it takes to be seen by service is an issue. Getting the Grenny while the R1S is out of commission makes the absence of the Rivian less painful yet it is still heartbreaking.
They will make a very nice couple where one participant periodically needs to be institutionalized to work on their issues.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I have to admit Iā€™ve been watching more Ineos videos lately. Two closest Rivian service centers are 2.5 hours each way, one of which I get to drive to tomorrow morning (I get errors/turtle mode a few minutes after HVDC charging and then shifting into park, seems only after shifting into park). Closest Ineos is a little over 30 minutes away. But I also admit I donā€™t need the extreme capability of the Granadier.

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
So while enjoying an evening cup of genmaicha The Count's phone rings with an unknown number. it is the tow driver. He wants to know the gate code to get into the Rivian service center with the Royal R1S.

Undaunted, The Count calls Rivian service. Friendly rep tells him the code is 5464*. The Count relays this to the driver who enters the code only to be told by the gate lock to pound sand.

Another call to Rivian and The Count convinces the rep to call the driver herself.

Silence for 15 minutes then the driver calls The Count to let him know he got in the employee gate, dropped off the R1S, but didn't have a pen to ID the FOB on the envelope deposited into a drop box.

Current SOC: 24%

* this is not the real code, but if anyone needs the real code, just fax The Count
šŸ˜‚