First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
Looks like i'm likely looking at a 2024 window for mine if you guys all got pushed to 2023. I didn't receive this email but I didn't expect to either, so I'm in it for the long wait for our R1S.

Yeah, me too; 2022 order so I'm stuck until 2024 . . . if I'm lucky.

And I don't begrudge a single one of you ahead of me in line and who've suffered this grind far far longer. You've paid your dues a few times over.

I'm in for the long haul. Like I've got a choice. There's lots of things in life far worse than waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . . for a car.

But it sure ain't fun, RJ; it sure ain't fun.
Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Look at it this way, at least you didn't place a $50,000 deposit down, or better still, one of the ones that paid the entire $250,000 upfront for a Tesla Roadster that was promised by 2019/2020 and still nowhere near close to being delivered. Could have ordered a Cybertruck too that hasn't even started production yet. How about all those that forked over $10,000 or $12,000 for software that was never delivered. Yes, the wait sucks. No doubt. We know ALL manufacturers are suffering from supply chain issues. The world we live in today. June, 2023 is still a ways out, but rest assured, it's sooner than you would have received any of the above noted products. Also sooner than most other EV's in the pipeline. Again, it sucks, but better to focus on the positives rather than the negatives, especially when it's entirely out of your control.

Last edited:

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Late to the party (?) but I received a 1st half 2023 notification also.

Actually works out for me personally, I'm in no rush. More time also hopefully means more time to work out the software experience and quality control issues.

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
I was expecting a delay into next year, but I wasn't expecting that I would get a window of the second half of next year. I am within the first 1000 reservation holders for an R1S, this will put my wait time at a full 5 years. How do you even call it a Launch Edition at that point.
Its due to your location, seems they are not shipping to CN until latter 2023

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
I’m still waiting. Launch edition white with 22” wheels very close to Venice, CA service center. Order placed 9/20 and no f-ing contact email. Hope the Fisker I ordered gets here first. So bummed at total lack of communication!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I was expecting a delay into next year, but I wasn't expecting that I would get a window of the second half of next year. I am within the first 1000 reservation holders for an R1S, this will put my wait time at a full 5 years. How do you even call it a Launch Edition at that point.
By hiring a good marketing firm.

The Launch Edition R1S in 5 years will be tied to Blue Origin.

Each Launch Edition vehicle will be utilized to personally shuttle a celebrity to the launch pad. Prior to launching, the celebrity shuttled will autograph the vehicle and certify it for your delivery.

…did you think we meant something else when we said launch edition?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Spoke with CS today as I could not reach my Guide. Here is what I was told:
1) if you received an email update with a window further out in 2022 or 23, then that is the only update available at this time.
2) Rivian only began building R1S's for early deposit holders (2018/19) in May. Production delays caused delivery delays.
3) No further delivery window updates are likely until later this year (my window is Oct-Dec 2022).
4) Delivery windows of 3 months are atypical and likely going forward windows will be in 6 month increments.
well that directly contradicts there previous email that said updates would happen from July 1 through the summer. wtf. why cant they get their own story straight

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I'm confused as to what the plan is with the Explore trim. It doesn't appear as if they'll even get to Explore R1Ts this year, the 15k or whatever the estimated production appears to mostly be Launch/Adventure R1Ts with a handful of R1Ss thrown in based on this delay email. They can't just send out an email to say sorry we're not producing Explore trims anymore... can they?
i think it can happen that they cancel the quad motor R1 completely. lower margins, adds complexity to production and could be too much overlap with the dual motor versions. honestly with supply chain constraints and particularly with battery supply likely to be constrained over the next 2-3 years as so many switch to EVs, i could see the max pack going away too.

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
I will wait and flip if I have my Taycan Cross Turismo.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Something I noticed - because I was wondering why I got lucky with a oct-dec timeframe. I was a Sept. 2020 pre order for a LE with black mountain. Looks like the majority cutoff is after october/november of 2020 preorder if you're a LE holder from going through everyone's signatures. OC also as well as adventure trim.

Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
"Your Adventure package R1S estimated delivery window is the first half of 2023"

🤬🤬

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Well we certainly don't need to rehash it, but there was never targets late last year and they are still well on their way to meeting or exceeding the only targets they have provided formally. I suspect the realignment of R1S will only further accelerate/streamline production this year. And that's the rate for this year and beyond that they have stated publicly will still allow them to self fund through the completion of GA.

If the argument is that people with vastly inferior information still believe a public company is blatantly lying to the market, which would be a crime, well then I guess I don't know what to say.
Maybe my mistake but I had thought they had guided to more than 15k R1s in the first full year of production.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I guess no email is relatively good news.

Yeah, the bailout comment was somewhat tongue and cheek from the GM/GFC nonsense. The left would be so conflicted, they represent the EV dream, but are non-union. They'd be wringing their hands with that one. But let's not kid ourselves, Biden still doesn't even know they exist and thinks GM is the leader of the EV revolution....
Nah, they’ll just require them to go union as part of getting any bailout.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I still haven’t seen an updated e-mail. I was told 1st half of 2023 previously.
Sponsored