Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Its not a processor/chip problem anymore. They are reporting decline in demand. Issue may be somewhere else..........

Reactions: Rad

Thrawn0333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Late 2019 LE pre order here...Had a OC trim but the day they said you needed to change it if you wanted to still get it on time I did to BM.

Had a June/July delivery window originally & now I am pushed back to SECOND half of 2023. Pissed beyond belief for obviously getting skipped in line by many...

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I changed my interior to BM and still received the same update.
Wow, 2018 LE with BM moved to 1H2023!? Looks like they are probably going to deliver only 3 more R1Ss this year.

This update is disappointing but helps me in another way. I am giving up on getting it with in a year. So, I can stop wasting too much time on Rivian.

Like many here, my family thought I was going crazy with time I was spending on this. Always on this forum, YouTube, Reddit, etc. Drove to two service centers far from me to see any vehicles in person. First I changed Explore to Adventure and spent ton of time trying to decide on switching from OC to BM/FE in hopes of getting it this year.

Let's get back to living life like normal people and talk again when they actually are delivering :)

Sponsored

Rjalbright3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 M3P, 2011 Ford F350
Could this be Rivian nudging people to switch to the R1T?

I was content with my initial 1H2023 estimate, but now that early reservations are being told the same I assume mine would be nearing 2024 now.

I attempted to coerce the wife into the idea of the truck, but no dice.

We will most likely now settle on a model X when it becomes available.

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
Could this be Rivian nudging people to switch to the R1T?

I was content with my initial 1H2023 estimate, but now that early reservations are being told the same I assume mine would be nearing 2024 now.

I attempted to coerce the wife into the idea of the truck, but no dice.

We will most likely now settle on a model X when it becomes available.

I never even went into configuration of R1T before, but I almost changed to R1T yesterday. Getting R1T sooner is not a bad thing. But I felt like it's a desperate move and being forced by Rivian. I couldn't live with that feeling and missing out on R1S.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I wonder if some accountant said they were losing too much money per vehicle due to inflation, and this is a stall tactic to get some early preorder holders to cancel? For those still around a year from now, sometime in 2023/4 Rivian tries the ole bait and switch by offering to get you your vehicle really s00n if you downgrade to a dual motor... for the same price. Essentially this is the theoretical extended range R1S all over again. Advertise something you either can't or won't deliver?

I for one plan on waiting them out. When I finally get my R1S Explore in 2025 it may have updated hardware essentially for free!

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I am a very early adopter (11/28/18) and was told that I would get my R1T in the first half of 2023. This was because that I had ordered the Explore trim model which would not be made until then.

I wonder where this latest development puts my order. I am guessing that My R1T is now scheduled for 2024, maybe. That will put order to delivery period to over 5 years. We will wait them out.

Brian

lawmangm

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara
Occupation
Sales Director
Clubs

12/18 preorder. I live about 1 mile from a service center. Compass Yellow with FE interior. Made change to FE from OC due to supply chain.

This email…not good. I confirmed my order with my guide about 2-3 weeks ago, and now am waiting on my guide to let me know what my actual delivery window is.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Just when you though it could not get any worse, Rivian has turned into a Brittney Spears lyric:

… Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here
Oh baby, baby, I shouldn't have let you go
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me how you want it to be
Tell me baby 'cause I need to know now, oh because
… My loneliness is killing me (and I)
I must confess I still believe (still believe)
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me baby one more time
Hit me baby one more time

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I just received my R1S delivery update.

"Your Launch Edition package R1S estimated delivery window is the first half of 2023"
At least you got a date *unless email is slower than delivery, I got nothing*.

"And when it was finally delivered to me, there was no one left without one"

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I envision that at this rate, the Hummer EV, Edition 1, then 3X/2X are going to steal away buyers from Rivian. It's bigger, bad ass, tech is awesome, and its more capable it will seem, range will be same/better as the truck (Edition 1) has owners seeing 350+ (380+ even) range past the initial 329 and its accurate. The dealer/service network is robust already.

We have a 3X SUV on order (in addition to our Edition 1 Truck), and may end up taking it as its just that nice.

May still take our Rivian R1S though since it is at the old pricing, and could just option it out to come in around 70K, and subtract even then the federal tax credit for a nice SUV in the 60s range still.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I envision that at this rate, the Hummer EV, Edition 1, then 3X/2X are going to steal away buyers from Rivian.
Since hummer is making just 12 a day, I'm not so sure about stealing people away. I'd only drive a hummer if you bought it for me, and then only until it was a trade in on the R1S.

But, either way, both of them need to ramp production quickly.
Sponsored