Sponsored

Polestar 3 Previewed

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Beautiful! The Polestar 2 is already solid, so I can’t wait to see specs and options. Android Automotive is a solid OS, so I hope Google keeps it updated and that more app developers optimize their apps for it.
They effectively lose 50% of their sales by using Android OS. I don't think it's smart. As an iphone user, i'd never buy a Polestar solely because of the infotainment.
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

They effectively lose 50% of their sales by using Android OS. I don't think it's smart. As an iphone user, i'd never buy a Polestar solely because of the infotainment.
Polestar plans to implement CarPlay for the 2. It was supposed to be out last fall but was delayed until Spring 2022. If that's still on schedule, it should be out soon.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I have an iPhone and I like the AAOS. I don’t think they lose much sleep over it. They’re sold out.

CarPlay is an objectively worse experience.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I literally bought an iPhone for carplay(android user since inception) and I haven't really missed carplay since getting a Polestar 2. Honestly it is really good with voice integration. I'll try carplay when it comes out soon though.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I have an iPhone and I like the AAOS. I don’t think they lose much sleep over it. They’re sold out.

CarPlay is an objectively worse experience.
Fair, just about every car including cars that people would laugh at paying msrp in the Past are sold out these days lol

But I’m glad they are working on carplay integration from the above comments. It’s good to have options.

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
It seems you don't really understand Android Automotive. It functions just the same on an iPhone. They are only filtering out people who don't understand this.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Cayenne can tow 7700 lbs rather handily, do not see it anywhere but dubious the P3 tow capability comes anywhere near that?

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Seriously.

I'd put it as a strong contender to replace my wife's aging ICE.

She wants a 4 door, AWD hatchback with 250ish+ miles of range, that our big ass dog can fit in:
  1. The Y is ok, but she hates the controls (wants the instrument cluster and more buttons and such).
  2. The VW has no Frunk (non-starter for her).
  3. The Mustang Mach-E is too big for her tastes.
  4. The current Polestar doesn't have enough room in the back for el doggo without laying down the seats.
  5. EV6/Ioniq 5 with AWD, it has a laughably small frunk.
Kinda leaves the Volvo XC-40 Recharge right now... but its range is a bit light, its price is a bit high, and the frunk is pretty damn small.

So something that bridges the XC-40 and Model Y would be a winner for us.
Maybe she’d like Volvo’s Embla (2023).

Rivian R1T R1S Polestar 3 Previewed 1649377460742

Last edited:
OP
OP

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Polestar 3 will now debut in October.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...d-Sales-Continued-Growth-and-Market-Expansion

“We believe our future growth will be further accelerated by our entry into the lucrative SUV market later this year with the world premiere in October of the long-awaited Polestar 3 electric performance SUV. Polestar 3, which will be manufactured in the US and China, will stand out amongst other SUV offerings and boost our strong growth trajectory to take us into our next phase.”

The SUV market is one of the highest growth and margin segments in the automotive industry, especially in the United States. Customers should be able to order Polestar 3 on the day of the premiere in October.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Teaser, with more coming tomorrow:
1654537405099-png.png

1CAE70FA-B294-4362-B874-EE2E9173D0BC.jpeg
2BA81F94-9770-4B09-A1C0-CEF9C03EA8BA.jpeg
Oof that roofline looks quite disappointing. I want a SUV, not some stupid tall coupe.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Oof that roofline looks quite disappointing. I want a SUV, not some stupid tall coupe.
And this is why I continue to wait for the R1S. Of course, the Rivian's load floor is pretty high so it will be interesting to see how things truly compare.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
It will probably have the profile of an Audi Etron SUV Sport Back or Porsche Cayenne Coupe.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yes it is disappointing, but not at all unexpected as it matches what was shown in the wrapped prototype. Hopefully the XC90 EV maintains more of the shape of the current model.
Sponsored