First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Beautiful! The Polestar 2 is already solid, so I can’t wait to see specs and options. Android Automotive is a solid OS, so I hope Google keeps it updated and that more app developers optimize their apps for it.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
The polestar sedan is pretty great. I am looking forward to this one for my partner who wants a mid size electric SUV thing.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
They actually comp it to the Cayenne, whereas the P4 will comp to the Macan. So little smaller than Xc90, no third row and more rakish back end.
Sorry, to clarify, they comped them to the Cayenne and Macon in price, not size. It looks like it will be smaller, mostly in height for aero reasons.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
They actually comp it to the Cayenne, whereas the P4 will comp to the Macan. So little smaller than Xc90, no third row and more rakish back end.
The Volvo version of the P*3 I think is closer to the xc90 size. The P*3 looks more like a mix of the Xc40 and xc60.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Looking at that photo, there's NO WAY that vehicle is XC-90 sized. Sure, it might share a platform, or even have a similar wheelbase/length. But the P3 is gonna look and drive like a much smaller vehicle.
I think it is basically an electric crv size.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
We put a reservation in for a Lotus Eletre. I’ve always loved Lotus as a brand and although this car has zero shared with the Lotus cars that I’ve loved, it looks fun for an Electric SUV. We want an electric suv to replace and ICE suv in our family in the next few years so now the lotus is in the mix. Could get booted when the electric Macan comes out, but fun to see what happens.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Honestly I bought the Polestar 2 to hold me over until my Rivian order came.

However after driving it a bit I'm 1: thinking of trying to get my girlfriend to take it when the Rivian comes(to replace her outback) and 2: REALLY excited to see the polestar 3. Dedicated electric aiming for Cayenne market. Add onto that the little touches Volvo/Polestar do for functionality(similar to Rivian) it could be an incredible car and really may take the market by surprise(given Polestar is still not well known)

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Lotus has introduced their BEV SUV, the Eletre SUV,
NEW Lotus Eletre EV SUV first look. 373 mile range 600hp electric Urus rival - YouTube

If you look close enough, the Eletre seems to share the same body/platform as the Polestar 3.

polestar-3-1638458731.jpg

01_Lotus_Eletre_Yellow_Studio_F34.jpg
Geely owns Lotus, Volvo, and Polestar. So it makes sense that the XC90 electric, Polestar 3, and the Lotus Eletre share a common platform.

Edit: in the video they claim it's a bespoke platform for Lotus. I'm a bit skeptical especially if it's going to start at <$100k.

Last edited:

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
800v architecture with a pretty big battery too. Depending on how it looks and performs, there’s a good chance we drop the R1S for this. I love my PS2.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Honestly I bought the Polestar 2 to hold me over until my Rivian order came.

However after driving it a bit I'm 1: thinking of trying to get my girlfriend to take it when the Rivian comes(to replace her outback) and 2: REALLY excited to see the polestar 3. Dedicated electric aiming for Cayenne market. Add onto that the little touches Volvo/Polestar do for functionality(similar to Rivian) it could be an incredible car and really may take the market by surprise(given Polestar is still not well known)
I literally had the exact same conversation with my girlfriend yesterday who drives a white outback. “Why would you want a Subaru when you can have this dope electric car?”
Sponsored