Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 2011
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I swung by the PDX staging location on St. Helens Rd this morning before a Forest Park hike in hopes of seeing some last colors in person (GW, Limestone, Silver) to make a final decision. While closed to the public, a very nice employee let me take a quick look around, a few pictures, and chatted with me for a few minutes. The first thing I noticed were the amount of trucks, about 25, and mostly of the silver, El cap, GW variety. A few limestone and LG, one RB, and no yellow or red. The employee told me only one yellow and two reds had come through.

I did get to see FE interior for the first time (LG with 20 dark); wood is beautiful and the green is slightly grey as others have noted. A few nuggets of information I picked up: Probably 70% of the trucks had 21s and no 22s on the lot. The employee mentioned the 21s were often generating a predicted mileage of 325ish and handled maybe a touch better than the 20 AT on the pavement. He said one of the AT dark 20s were scratched on a First Mile drive (thankfully not me) and the underlying silver/grey was visible.

It was super helpful to see more colors in person, but now the hard part in making a final color decision.... El Cap w/ 20AT or GW w/20 AT Dark???
Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Found the address: 2727 St. Helens Road

if you want the best chance of seeing anything go during normal business hours as the facility has s high fence with fabric that blocks the view.
Iā€™m sure this will be obvious and I shouldnā€™t have to say it but the PDX service center is NOT a public showroom. Donā€™t go with any higher expectations than to look over a tall fence. That way you are less likely to be disappointed. MAYBE a nice employee will take a minute out from their actual job of trying to get trucks delivered to chatā€¦but also maybe not.

I also got lucky and was able to see Limestone in person finally and then left quickly.

Help them help us!

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Oh, and Iā€™m Nate in Portland.
R1T, Limestone, FE inside on 21s for now but probably changing to 20s.
Ordered Jan of this year, hoping for delivery this year but expecting Spring of next.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Iā€™m sure this will be obvious and I shouldnā€™t have to say it but the PDX service center is NOT a public showroom. Donā€™t go with any higher expectations than to look over a tall fence. That way you are less likely to be disappointed. MAYBE a nice employee will take a minute out from their actual job of trying to get trucks delivered to chatā€¦but also maybe not.

I also got lucky and was able to see Limestone in person finally and then left quickly.

Help them help us!
Or take it a step further like I did, and leave them all alone and look from the sidewalk.

Sponsored

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Or take it a step further like I did, and leave them all alone and look from the sidewalk.
That's what I was doing when the dude came out and asked if I wanted a closer look.
Kindness and patience really to work!

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

That's what I was doing when the dude came out and asked if I wanted a closer look.
Kindness and patience really to work!
they ignored me :)

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

they ignored me :)
Here was my view from the sidewalk.
Several Limestones that made me feel more excited about the color.
If it's cloudy next week when I go pick up tile around the corner, I may just go look for that elusive green or blue tint for one last reassurance.
Rivian R1T R1S PNW Roll Call PXL_20220622_202759827

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Here was my view from the sidewalk.
Several Limestones that made me feel more excited about the color.
If it's cloudy next week when I go pick up tile around the corner, I may just go look for that elusive green or blue tint for one last reassurance.
PXL_20220622_202759827.jpg
I don't know why they haven't delivered my R1T. It's sitting right there in the right front of the photo! šŸ¤£

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

From the Stayton/Lyons (actually Jordan) area here with a LE in LG/FE & 20's. Preordered Nov '18 - delivered May 20th, only to be redelivered on May 27th (alignment issue). Have only seen one other down this way and when I passed I waved at the guy he just turned his head forward and kept going. Not sure what that was all about.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Roy, Washington.....R1T, Red, Adventure, large pack, 20" wheels Ordered Oct 21
R1S, White, Adventure, large pack, 21" wheels Ordered Dec 21
Nice set of Taylor's you have there. Larrivee 30th Anniversary Brazilian here.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Supra, 2018 4Runner, 2011 Tacoma
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™ve been seeing a bunch of R1Ts in the Millcreek/ Bothell area.

You guys must have been on the buyer list from day 1.

-RJM

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Iā€™ve been seeing a bunch of R1Ts in the Millcreek/ Bothell area.

You guys must have been on the buyer list from day 1.

-RJM
There are a lot in the Puget Sound area. Every time a friend or coworker sees a Launch Green one, they "totally saw me" at XYZ place. My favorite was my wife thinking I was following her to the dentist... None are ever me šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
There are a lot in the Puget Sound area. Every time a friend or coworker sees a Launch Green one, they "totally saw me" at XYZ place. My favorite was my wife thinking I was following her to the dentist... None are ever me šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Same experience in blue!
Sponsored