popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Howdy folks! Seattle area here, originally had an R1S on reserve but didn't want to wait and miss out on the 2022 tax credits, and wanted a vehicle in hand sooner anyway, so I swapped to a forest green R1T, which should be showing up in the next week or two here.

Looking forward to it, and maybe trying my hand at some of this offroading thing.
Sponsored

scottiedoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Picked up my R1T last week, Rivian Blue / Black Mountain on 21's. SC said I was probably one of the last groups that will have the powered tonneau cover which I was curious if I would have it (working for now). I'm on the east side of Seattle about 10 min from the SC.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Howdy folks! Seattle area here, originally had an R1S on reserve but didn't want to wait and miss out on the 2022 tax credits, and wanted a vehicle in hand sooner anyway, so I swapped to a forest green R1T, which should be showing up in the next week or two here.

Looking forward to it, and maybe trying my hand at some of this offroading thing.
i thought that tax credit thing was irrelevant if we accepted the "written binding contract" that Rivian sent us back in August 2022?

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

i thought that tax credit thing was irrelevant if we accepted the "written binding contract" that Rivian sent us back in August 2022?
Not guaranteed, but also I put it off to read more and missed the window like a goof :)

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

If you remember Rivian said it was not guaranteed
Yep, the problem is that the IRS didn't give any guidance on what was needed to count until *AFTER* it was too late. The day after the deadline to have one, the IRS said "binding purchase agreements should have at least 5% nonrefundable deposit" - which *NO* automaker had done.

But we won't know if the BPAs people signed are sufficient until someone tries to claim the tax credit with it and see how the IRS responds.

Edit much later: The IRS seems to be accepting BPAs no problem. I know multiple people that filed their revised 2022 return after getting their Rivian in 2023, and got the full $7500 no hassle.

Last edited:

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Yep, the problem is that the IRS didn't give any guidance on what was needed to count until *AFTER* it was too late. The day after the deadline to have one, the IRS said "binding purchase agreements should have at least 5% nonrefundable deposit" - which *NO* automaker had done.

But we won't know if the BPAs people signed are sufficient until someone tries to claim the tax credit with it and see how the IRS responds.

I signed one of the Rivian agreements... as to will it fly who knows that I will leave to my tax people to figure out

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I signed one of the Rivian agreements... as to will it fly who knows that I will leave to my tax people to figure out
It looks like you should get your truck this year - deliveries by Dec 31 don't apply that rule. The only rule that took effect when the IRA passed was the "assembled in North America" - you'll still be fine to apply the old rules. The BPA matters for people who take possession in 2023 or later. So we won't know for sure if Rivian's "binding agreement" works until mid 2024 at the earliest - as people who take delivery in 2023 file their 2023 taxes in early 2024.

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Wow, no one been on here for quite a while. I'm waiting for my compass yellow R1T to arrive with the new 21 " wheels and no tonneau. My powered one was deleted as was the max pack and the trolley and several other items. I live on Samish Island and have a home that runs pretty much on solar 90 percent of the year. I already have the Rivian 240-volt charger up and running so all, I need is my R1T.

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
Not sure if I've commented on this thread or not, but I did manage to get a demo drive in an R1S this morning in NW Portland. My delivery (er, pick up) window is currently looking to be 2nd quarter of 2024 (with a Feb 3, 2022 order date).

Sponsored

Delivery Purgatory

First Name
Taran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1S LE/ECG/BM/22/UBP
Occupation
Selfmade
Hey everybody! TJ here out south in Graham. Picked up my R1S June 29th.

Got it back a few days ago after a full color change. Thanks to the fellas at Perfect Shine in Puyallup. They did tint, & ceramic coated the vinyl, wheels, & glass. For anybody in the south end needing work they work on my other cars & do fantastic work if needed locally.

Feel free to drop a follow on IG @ taranofficial

Rivian R1T R1S PNW Roll Call IMG_4323

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey everybody! TJ here out south in Graham. Picked up my R1S June 29th.

Got it back a few days ago after a full color change. Thanks to the fellas at Perfect Shine in Puyallup. They did tint, & ceramic coated the vinyl, wheels, & glass. For anybody in the south end needing work they work on my other cars & do fantastic work if needed locally.

Feel free to drop a follow on IG @ taranofficial

IMG_4323.jpeg
Congrats on the new rig, looking sharp.

What did the wrap cost you? Thinking about getting my T wrapped.

Delivery Purgatory

First Name
Taran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1S LE/ECG/BM/22/UBP
Occupation
Selfmade
Congrats on the new rig, looking sharp.

What did the wrap cost you? Thinking about getting my T wrapped.
It's not cheap it is a substantial cost with all the work they do plus they ceramic coated the entire rig.

You might want to reach out to them since it's the Truck (more panels to wrap), they have worked on multiple cars for me so mention me & see if it helps you out.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It's not cheap it is a substantial cost with all the work they do plus they ceramic coated the entire rig.

You might want to reach out to them since it's the Truck (more panels to wrap), they have worked on multiple cars for me so mention me & see if it helps you out.
I know it isn’t cheap but you didn’t really answer my question, no need though I won’t pry ;)

My local PPF shop gave me a referral so I reached out their as a starting point.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Anyone know who the NAIVIR from Oregon is?
Sponsored