Sponsored

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
So what's the concensus so far, new drive mode selection UI is a step backwards?
No, it is definitely a step forward IMO. It is more ergonomic to use and provides me more information.
Sponsored

Nano

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1S, 18 MDX, 71 240Z
Occupation
Business owner
This will be my first OTA since I took delivery. Do I have to wait until I am notified and pushed the update for my R1S or is there a way to pull the update?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

This will be my first OTA since I took delivery. Do I have to wait until I am notified and pushed the update for my R1S or is there a way to pull the update?
There is no way to force the update, you have to wait for it. s00n

Newb26

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW i3
Clubs

I've had my R1S for a few updates now, and while there is no obvious way to pull it, I feel like incessantly waking the vehicle helps, maybe even a sort of rain dance works too.

If you want to see what's in the update while waiting, I made a little video showing all the changes.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I do wish they would add more settings like GM has, trailer shape, length, weight, number of axles, etc.
Would only be helpful for getting the initial baseline. Rivian says they are actually keeping track of the data per trailer going forward. I just hope you don't have more than three trailers.

Sponsored

KKado

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
DPM
Clubs

Has anyone observed improve stability after upgrade? I can feel very clear difference in all modes…
I noticed a much smoother ride in AP as well as better throttle response in that mode. Have not tried sport mode yet, but will try it tonight on my way home.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Why are the wheels not symmetrical on both sides of the graphic like? Is the passenger side that much more inward?

IMG_1376.jpeg

also does this show proof my alignment is off lol
IMG_1375.jpeg
Need to install adjustable panhard bars.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Would only be helpful for getting the initial baseline. Rivian says they are actually keeping track of the data per trailer going forward. I just hope you don't have more than three trailers.
I have exactly three, lucky me. I am going to post a thread with my initial results from today.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

I wish I could move the pitch & roll tiles into “On Road” pane because they look cool.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jamieskitele

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2008 BMW 135i
Occupation
Medical
The new interface is nice and smooth. I towed my boat about 4 miles and did not get a weight measurement. The orange circle just kept moving saying "sensing". And we still cant change drive modes or suspension settings with the cruise control on which is a bummer for me. There are sections of my commute where I would like stiff shocks and I have to interrupt cruise, adjust and reinitiate (still no resume).

Also.... Battery temp is not displayed when DC charging.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I do wish they would add more settings like GM has, trailer shape, length, weight, number of axles, etc.
Yes, exactly.
I just hope you don't have more than three trailers.
I have towed 7 different trailers so far since May not including a future RV unit.
I think they need more options in a drop down.
The variables for a empty flat deck is much different than all the variables of a loaded one.
Fortunately it does not take too long to figure out estimated range based on m/kw or % gauge.

hyzerfool

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software writin' guy
Clubs

I really wish the drive gauges would be available on the driver's screen, not on the center screen. We don't need the truck/street visualization for anything, these gauges would be sweet right there.
I'd love them to be available next to the map with navigation showing on the main screen.
Sponsored