Sponsored

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
The new interface is nice and smooth. I towed my boat about 4 miles and did not get a weight measurement. The orange circle just kept moving saying "sensing". And we still cant change drive modes or suspension settings with the cruise control on which is a bummer for me. There are sections of my commute where I would like stiff shocks and I have to interrupt cruise, adjust and reinitiate (still no resume).

Also.... Battery temp is not displayed when DC charging.
Towed my camper around and it accurately estimated weight in about 1 mile. I am pretty sporty driving with it, and I suspect that is useful to help it establish an estimate.

I think they don't want you to see the battery red-lining every DCFC :rolleyes:

I did like watching mine create waste heat with the motors (from 110F to 210F) and watch the battery heat from 70F to 110F when prepping to DCFC.
Sponsored

Ducsinarow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
buncha stuff; 2 wheels and 4, old and new.
Occupation
cat herder
UGHH! I don't like changes to my screens! I liked the old screen for the drive modes; simpler and more intuitive to navigate. I'm not a fan of seeing all of this new junk on my screen while seeing the drive modes, which is the screen I normally leave it in. Any way to revert back to the old layout? This new screen is a bunch of nonsense info that I don't need to be seeing.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
UGHH! I don't like changes to my screens! I liked the old screen for the drive modes; simpler and more intuitive to navigate. I'm not a fan of seeing all of this new junk on my screen while seeing the drive modes, which is the screen I normally leave it in. Any way to revert back to the old layout? This new screen is a bunch of nonsense info that I don't need to be seeing.
You can swipe right to remove the extra data. Then it's the same info as before, but left justified.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I did like watching mine create waste heat with the motors (from 110F to 210F) and watch the battery heat from 70F to 110F when prepping to DCFC.
I noticed this while driving this morning after I left home with a pretty cold battery. Three of the four motors turned into pumpkins (260F+?) and the fourth was just about to when it started cooling them down. No real reason for them to run that hot other than just using the waste heat somewhere.

Sponsored

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
I noticed this while driving this morning after I left home with a pretty cold battery. Three of the four motors turned into pumpkins (260F+?) and the fourth was just about to when it started cooling them down. No real reason for them to run that hot other than just using the waste heat somewhere.
I wonder if this is why my cold weather short trip efficiency is always so terrible - it tries to get the battery up to a nominal temperature.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Why does anyone care?
Made me review floor, truncate, and ceiling, or I would not be able to sleep tonight. We humans are so funny.

Claydogg

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; Tesla X; Pedego City Commuter Black
Occupation
Drone Light Show Pilot
My OCD is killing me… please fix this!!! (See right rear wheel)
Rivian R1T R1S OTA Update 2023.38.0 - Early Look! Drive Mode & Towing Experience Changes IMG_8076

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

IMG_8076.jpeg
I'm fairly sure it's the same distance, just an optical illusion because of the shadow.

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
IMG_8076.jpeg
Oh damn, you need to create a ticket for alignment 😁. Now I gotta check mine, if mine looks like that it will drive me crazy as well!

UPDATE: Upon closer examination, it’s that drop shadow on the right side that is eating up the space.
Sponsored