R1T at a Drive In?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Worked great at the drive in. Used camp mode to turn off all the lights and the screens inside, and the Ryobi radio for audio, so can't comment on any delays with the Rivian audio system. Also used the air suspension to drop the truck down to under the minimum height for the row we were in.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T at a Drive In? 20220924_231441969_iOS

Rivian R1T R1S R1T at a Drive In? 20220924_231603959_iOS

Side benefit is area where the tonneau cover stores creates a nice shelf behind the rear window, which works well for holding snacks, drinks, and the radio.

Kids think the only way to watch movies going forward is in the back of the truck.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Can you use an FM tuner app on your phone and the Bluetooth to the camp speaker?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Worked great at the drive in. Used camp mode to turn off all the lights and the screens inside, and the Ryobi radio for audio, so can't comment on any delays with the Rivian audio system. Also used the air suspension to drop the truck down to under the minimum height for the row we were in.

20220924_231441969_iOS.jpg

20220924_231603959_iOS.jpg

Side benefit is area where the tonneau cover stores creates a nice shelf behind the rear window, which works well for holding snacks, drinks, and the radio.

Kids think the only way to watch movies going forward is in the back of the truck.
I see a man of culture and taste as well (we have the same color)

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
Drive-in movie????
Didn't think they still existed.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Drive-in movie????
Didn't think they still existed.
We have 2 within 30 minutes of us. Have been trying to get to a movie since they opened in the spring and finally made it for the last weekend of the year.

Sponsored

Geight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Can you use an FM tuner app on your phone and the Bluetooth to the camp speaker?
Know this is an old thread, but I can answer this. A “FM” app on your phone is made possible by either the station broadcaster or a local enthusiast sending the audio out through the interwebs. This introduces massive lag and while I doubt you’d ever find a Drive-ins listed in the FM radio apps, even if it was the delay would be measured in seconds or 10s of seconds.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Know this is an old thread, but I can answer this. A “FM” app on your phone is made possible by either the station broadcaster or a local enthusiast sending the audio out through the interwebs. This introduces massive lag and while I doubt you’d ever find a Drive-ins listed in the FM radio apps, even if it was the delay would be measured in seconds or 10s of seconds.
This is true unless your phone has an FM radio chip, like some do.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Which phone has a built in radio chip?

My guess is 99% of the world doesn’t have one of those even if they’re out there.
Most Motorola and Nokia phones, and alot of mid range LG and Samsung phones have it.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Went again last night. It was a little chilly, but heated blankets plugged into the outlets in the bed, and everyone was good.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T at a Drive In? 20230428_000019696_iOS

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I guess rivian can be forgiven for not being able to slide down but at least give me the ram style opening.
I imagine the gear tunnel gets in the way of where it would roll down?

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger
I kept my old Walkman units from the late 80's and late 90's, which my wife and kid used to tune into the audio channel. Thank god for old tech. I also used a portable BT speaker that includes an FM tuner.

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
Did you just watch one? Or did you stay for the double/triple feature?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Did you just watch one? Or did you stay for the double/triple feature?
This was a special thing for the kids' school, only one movie, Super Mario Bros. We have done the double in the past, usually resulting in sleeping kids.
Sponsored