Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
39.3 did fix my compressor, but my media control buttons on the steering wheel don't work.

I just got prompted for a new update, but nothing showing in my app. Guessing it's a re-push of 39.3 but for some reason it's bugging out and not letting me apply it.
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes, same here. Updating (again) now. FWIW, 39.3 was supposed to fix the bricking of the compressor which occurred after 39.1. It did not (for me) fix this. Perhaps a reloading of 39.3 is intended to resolve this (?). Will advise.
It only took about 20 minutes to finish. No clue what it did.

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Yes, same here. Updating (again) now. FWIW, 39.3 was supposed to fix the bricking of the compressor which occurred after 39.1. It did not (for me) fix this. Perhaps a reloading of 39.3 is intended to resolve this (?). Will advise.
Second update of 39.3 complete. Alas, no change. On-board compressor still bricked.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I haven't even gotten 39.3 at all

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I didn't install the second push of 39.3 and now it's gone. No more notification that there's an update. Weird.

Sponsored

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
I haven't even gotten 39.3 at all
Other forum strings have surmised that 39.3 was pushed to resolve various issues broken by 39.1. Unsubstantiated. Others have stated that if "it ain't broken" you will not receive the 39.3 update. 🤷‍♂️

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Other forum strings have surmised that 39.3 was pushed to resolve various issues broken by 39.1. Unsubstantiated. Others have stated that if "it ain't broken" you will not receive the 39.3 update. 🤷‍♂️
This is my theory as well and I said the exact same to Kyle Connor last weekend. I don't think I will ever get 39.03 since my R1S isn't experiencing any of the issues. I expect my next one to be 43.01

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Goodness Rivian...literally 20 minutes later, I JUST got prompted for the 39.3 update (second time). Calling Rivian5 to ask about this update and why this is prompting *queue the Rivian hold music*

The response was, "It looks like some of the modules did not install successfully so it requeued the update". I asked if he was specially talking about my truck and he said yes, my truck's modules...he did not elaborate on details of what didnt install but I did need to run the update again. I'm very curious why the update said it completed successfully if that is not true.
UPDATE: I no longer have the update available, I was waiting until this evening to run it once the truck was parked and it is gone from the app and the truck does not show an update available. The mystery continues...

Ryanrivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota’s Highlander Hybrid
39.3 did fix my compressor, but my media control buttons on the steering wheel don't work.

I just got prompted for a new update, but nothing showing in my app. Guessing it's a re-push of 39.3 but for some reason it's bugging out and not letting me apply it.
I had the same media button failure but the infotainment reset fixed it.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

39.01 busted my air compressor so I took 39.03 as that was the fix as advised by service. Now, currently sitting with a bork'd update at 76% for 14 hours. :(
Service is looking into it.

I asked if there's anything I can do to revert back to previous versions and they said everything has to be done on their end or I will brick the truck.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Still waiting for the 1.8 app to be released so we can kick on charging remotely.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Still waiting for the 1.8 app to be released so we can kick on charging remotely.
Does seem like they have been running slightly behind with the app release. In the past the app has updated prior to the production OTA going out. Guessing they are squashing bugs?

Perhaps that is what has been some of the issue with 39.1 and what forced the 39.3 fix, etc...

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Might be a limited roll out? Not sure, but I haven't received it either as of yet. Last one I received within 2 hours. Who knows.
Sponsored