Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
A bit less than 80 minutes for me
Spent about 5 minutes on 0%, but then started moving fairly quick.
Fob didn’t ask for an update though so I’ll keep an eye out for that (I always use my phone anyways.
There was a note in the release notes stating that only Fobs running on older Fob firmware needed an update and if you had one of the older Fobs the Fob update would show up under "updates" on the main vehicle screen.
My R1T was built in Jan, I guess my Fob is on the newer FW as it doesn't need an update.
Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Right there with you...

TBH, I think there may be an issue. I have had the truck for almost a year now and have gotten every update within a day of public release. I recently had the AXM replaced, and that process requires the truck to be progressively and incrementally updated. Perhaps this requires a manual patching process, and the vehicle was taken to a different update ring (i.e. no updates pushed to prevent botching the manual updates) and has yet to be put back in the normal update flow.

You just had some maintenance done recently at the Bellevue SC as well, correct?
I seem to have been pushed back in line as well after previously getting updates on day 1 or 2 of the public release. In my case I haven't needed service since late November. Maybe they re-seeded the random number generator?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm impressed so far. Vampire drain has gone down about 20-25%. Overnight only lost 2 miles (~1.25%), and 36 hours was only 9 miles (~3.5%) which is better than I experienced before.

Also, it was ~50 degrees today and I averaged 2.15kWh on my drive in using All Purpose, which could be the weather, or the update, but I was getting 1.85kWh before.
Glad you had an improvement but 3.5% in a day and a half is still poor.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I think I'm seeing some vampire drain improvement with the 2022.02.03 OTA.

Seems like I lost only 1% over 14-1/2 hours with overnight temps in the high 30's/low 40's F.

I parked at home around 3:30pm yesterday and left it unplugged overnight until I left for work this morning around 8am. SOC went from 67% to 66% overnight.

I can live with 1-2% per 24 hours, although I still think that's still too much for a modern EV.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Stories: R1T SOFTWARE UPDATE DETAILS - English - Version 2023.02.03 2-14-2023 337pm

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Stories: R1T SOFTWARE UPDATE DETAILS - English - Version 2023.02.03 2-15-2023 830am

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Glad you had an improvement but 3.5% in a day and a half is still poor.
Oh, I agree, way too high. But they aren't going to be able to fix it overnight, as I don't think it's 1 specific item that's the issue, assuming it's death by 1000 cuts. But any improvement is welcome, I'm hoping to see more gains in each update.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Oh, I agree, way too high. But they aren't going to be able to fix it overnight, as I don't think it's 1 specific item that's the issue, assuming it's death by 1000 cuts. But any improvement is welcome, I'm hoping to see more gains in each update.
Agree. I'm willing to be patient as long as there is some incremental improvement over the course of months of updates.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I haven't had the update lotto yet. Sometimes I get them early, sometimes late. The service center updated my fob a couple of months ago when I went in to have my overhead led serviced. Maybe I won't have to update the fob.

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
I'm impressed so far. Vampire drain has gone down about 20-25%. Overnight only lost 2 miles (~1.25%), and 36 hours was only 9 miles (~3.5%) which is better than I experienced before.

Also, it was ~50 degrees today and I averaged 2.15kWh on my drive in using All Purpose, which could be the weather, or the update, but I was getting 1.85kWh before.
I would agree that the drain has improved. I only saw a 2% drop or 9 miles in 27 hrs. Seems like the truck stays in the deep sleep mode more.

BPN

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru outback
Got the update yesterday, noticed that the car does drive a little bit straighter on freeways now. Doesn't pull as much to the right anymore. Guess I won't need that alignment afterall...

PurpleTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For those who are still waiting for OTA, just so you know that sometimes even when truck has downloaded the OTA and ready to install, your app wouldn't notify you. Your app might always need to be running in the background, and/or at a certain cut off time, server will push a notification.

I've had this happen to me a few times. No notification, but then I go into app/or inside car, says update is available.

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those who are still waiting for OTA, just so you know that sometimes even when truck has downloaded the OTA and ready to install, your app wouldn't notify you. Your app might always need to be running in the background, and/or at a certain cut off time, server will push a notification.

I've had this happen to me a few times. No notification, but then I go into app/or inside car, says update is available.

I finally got mine today. I have been in and out of my car since Sunday with the app running on my phone. It doesn't seem to make a difference for me. Seems pretty random. Sometimes I get them quickly, sometimes I don't.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would agree that the drain has improved. I only saw a 2% drop or 9 miles in 27 hrs. Seems like the truck stays in the deep sleep mode more.
I left for a ten day trip. a couple of weeks ago. I took a screenshot when I left and another when i go back. The total was 14% drop over 255 hrs. Which comes out to just over 1.3% per day. Temps were mostly 50-60s during the day. 30s to 40s overnight. I would love to see this update get me below 1%. But I will put away the crack pipe.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Finally got it as well. Updating now!

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Vampire drain has shown no improvement. In fact, it’s worse than it used to be. In December I logged a week of percentage/miles when I parked for the night and when I went back out in the morning. I did the same over the course of this last week since the update that claims to have fixed it. Both tests are with the truck locked, gear guard off, camp mode on and the phone app closed.

In December I lost 1.5% / 4.5 miles per night at an average temperature of 8°F.

In February I lost 3.5% / 8.5 miles per night at an average of 14°F.
Sponsored